Worgen Druid Forms

User avatar
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:32 pm
Realm: Hellscream
Gender: Female

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Nevar »

I think what they are doing is good trolls and worgens should have the same forms as everyone else just unique skins for them it makes sense for worens to have those forms since night elves who are bringing them into the alliance so they would learn the forms that the night elves have since the elves are teaching them.

Image

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Fael »

I believe with druids the way it worked is that druids had to earn the right to become a certain animal. To become a bear you have to speak with the Bear Spirit in Moonglade and must prove yourself. There is even a Cat Spirit that pads around but they never implemented a cat form quest, rumors say it had something to do with getting too much rep from the Cenarion Circle or something silly like that. So regardless of race I think it has something to do with the Animal Spirits that allows druids to shapeshift, whereas with the Trolls they pray to Animal Gods. Perhaps they are the same thing, only different interpretations?

But anyhow all I mean to point out is that there is a reason for it being Bear, Cat, Bird, etc and not simply Tank, Dps, Flight, etc. What they did get lazy about was the Cheetah, I think, since there is a hoof icon and not a paw.
Last edited by Fael on Tue May 25, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Vephriel »

Fael wrote:What they did get lazy about was the Cheetah, I think, since there is a hoof icon and not a paw.
I believe travel form was originally supposed to be a stag but they put a cheetah as a placeholder....and then never changed it. :/
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Saturo »

Stag-form would be a bit cool, but I'm very certain they had a proper reason.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:32 pm
Realm: Hellscream
Gender: Female

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Nevar »

Aye that one was a placeholder for something else however they said in cataclysm that they are going to redo aquatic and travel form which is good imo.

Image

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

User avatar
Rarako
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:47 pm
Realm: Hakkar, Mug'thol
Gender: Female
Location: Canton, Georgia
Contact:

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Rarako »

Travail was supposed to be a stage, but because of the size being so large and easy to spot they decided to leave it as the cheetah mostly for PvP reasons. You were more likely to notice a massive stage charging out of a player dog pile than a small cat.

Image

Many thanks to Vephriel for the amazing sig!

User avatar
Lazuly
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:40 am
Realm: Medivh
Gender: Female

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Lazuly »

Fael wrote:So regardless of race I think it has something to do with the Animal Spirits that allows druids to shapeshift, whereas with the Trolls they pray to Animal Gods. Perhaps they are the same thing, only different interpretations?
There is similar explanations going on behind Tauren Paladins, too. There is a conversation in TB between two taurens talking about how perhaps they are focusing too much on the Moon's power and neglecting to balance that with the Sun, which is just as much a part of the Earthmother. One Tauren says that because the Night Elves revere the power of the moon the most, doesn't mean the same has to be for everyone else. In other words, the source of the 'Light' that Tauren Pallies use will be from the Sun, which they consider one of the Eyes of the Earthmother (rather than the 'Holy Light' that Humans worship).

In other words, different interpretations of the spirituality behind the abilities, but a similar result.
Image
User avatar
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:20 pm
Realm: Vek'nilash
Location: PA

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I have mixed feelings about these,but I love the yellow eyes of the black one in bear form.
Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Fael »

Balance druids will also have a metered bar that is divided between lunar and solar, I believe. The more you use a certain type of magic the closer the bar gets to one end or the other, buffing certain spells. It looks like this: http://i39.tinypic.com/2a0dnhw.jpg (from Moonkin Forum)
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:16 am
Location: Texas

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Ryai »

Nevar wrote:Aye that one was a placeholder for something else however they said in cataclysm that they are going to redo aquatic and travel form which is good imo.
I remember them telling droods to stop QQ when they wanted moonkin and tree form looked at. And now look what's happening, tree form is being turned into a metamorphis type attack and I'm fearing boomkin is gonna suffer the same since it got the same treatment tree form did for talents :/

At anyrate, if they give us something other than cheetah and redo our sealion form that is atleast a start. I'd love to be a real sealion and not some dewgong and barracuda lovechild from the deep abyss or something.

Stag form would be cool too, the pvp excuse is weak at best. Everyone knows to look for the damn cats now anyways. Not hard to miss the EFC dragging a a flag around. Unless you're blind.

Or afk.

Or to busy hacking and flying /facepalm
User avatar
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Posts: 904
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:08 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: Male
Location: Land of the Midnight Sun
Contact:

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

could somebody link these via photobucket please? I have no access to imageshack images...

Image

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Vephriel »

Am I the only person that likes the aquatic form? >.>

Evil manatee ftw!
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Saturo »

Vephriel wrote:Am I the only person that likes the aquatic form? >.>

Evil manatee ftw!
I'd like it, but it's got so few polygons. It hurts my eyes...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:16 am
Location: Texas

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Ryai »

Saturo wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Am I the only person that likes the aquatic form? >.>

Evil manatee ftw!
I'd like it, but it's got so few polygons. It hurts my eyes...
It's evil, eeeeeevil.

EVIL.



tbh it's also always made me think nelf more than cow, no offense. <_<
User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hehe, I've always really loved that form and I'll be kind of sad to see it go (since I'm pretty sure Blizzard is going to change it). Ah well. :(
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:16 am
Location: Texas

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Ryai »

Vephriel wrote:Hehe, I've always really loved that form and I'll be kind of sad to see it go (since I'm pretty sure Blizzard is going to change it). Ah well. :(
Well Veph I'm pretty sure the new form should be just as good- and it's niot like it's going to happen over night, as Cata is still off a ways a bit and there's been no hint of anything more for travel and seaform in any posts and leaked pictures and so forth.
User avatar
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2511
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:15 pm
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H
Gender: Female
Location: Finland

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Golden »

Ryai wrote:
Saturo wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Am I the only person that likes the aquatic form? >.>

Evil manatee ftw!
I'd like it, but it's got so few polygons. It hurts my eyes...
It's evil, eeeeeevil.

EVIL.
Plus it's bugged. Try picking something up while in it, it'll twist into a 90 degree angle for a minute or so before straightening up again. :P Annoys the heck out of me.
Image
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Saturo »

That's not a bug. Check it in modelviewer.

SOMEONE CODED THAT ANIMATION!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Vephriel »

*huggles her demonic manatee*
Image
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Posts: 3485
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Contact:

Re: Worgen Druid Forms

Unread post by Ryno »

Narwhals > Aquatic Form.

Just sayin'.

Image

Post Reply