Loque'Nahak

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Saturo

Loque'Nahak

Unread post by Saturo »

Okay. I was doing my dailies in Dala with Gondria out, for a change. I usually run around with Ghosthowl, but for a change, you know... Anyhow, a dwarf with Loque runs up to me and says "gondria sux get loque". Naturally, I did'nt pay attention. However, after reading about how exalted everyone here is of him, I thought I'd ask, What's so great about him? I have tamed him too, but I quickly abandoned him. His roar was annoying, and the model is just plain ugly. But somehow he manages to be popular. How come?

Just asking...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Loque'Nahak

Unread post by Anansi »

Umm... some people like things others do not, and some people do not like things others like?
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Yes, I realize that. I was just asking what about him it is that's so great.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

What about anything one likes makes it so great? It's preference, end of story really.

I love asparagus, some people do not, yet I don't need to argue why I like it to those who do not.

I guess I'm not understanding why you need people do defend their stance on a personal preference.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I honestly didn't care that much about him until I tamed him, and completely by accident at that. However, like most spirit-beast converts, I quickly grew attached to him once I had him.

I enjoy his roar for one. Also, his design is very sleek, and unique, which I enjoy. He looks sort of like the things I enjoy doodling in my notebooks when I'm bored in classes...but he's alive! So it's cool :D This is probably why I like Skoll's design too--they did something different with him, ie the lightning. I never really got into the bear or Gondria just because they really look like nothing more than see-through cat and bear models to me...if I want that, I'll just go tame a ghost saber, really.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

FlightofthePhoenix
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by FlightofthePhoenix »

I like the skin. I haven't seen it in action yet. I think that's about all there is to it and if you don't see it, you don't see it. /shrug

I personally don't like Gondria due to the fact the see-through skin makes the eyes look like a flounder. But that person was a jerk.
Please don't kill me, I'm trying to love you
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

like said above its only personal prefetence.
I guess the hype about Loque is cause his model is unique, as well as his roar. i personaly found his roar awsome but again thats just how i feel about it :)

though still...to run up to someone and say that another skinn of the same family sucks is just dumb..

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Not the first time it's happened, which annoys me even more. I've even had people tell me "get a spirit beast". I told him that Gondria is a spirit beast, but he said "loque is the only spirit beast"...

/sigh

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

lol...someone isent paying attention to the spirit beast family. or just ignoring the rest.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Well, mostly I think it's the fact that I'm getting annoyed at people who consider me "less worthy" because I like Gondria more than ugly old Loque. Excuse me, but I just don't like it when my pets are chronically vomiters.

Razzy
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Razzy »

The only thing I don't like about Loque is how everyone wants it just because.. well, everyone wants it. It's a cool skin, nicely textured, yeah. But, in my opinion, narrowing the neck and waist of the cat model make it look sickly.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I used to feel the same way you did, that L'n was ugly and Gondria would be my spirit beast. But when I got him, I quickly fell in love with him. I think it's the roar (evidently you either love it or hate it), and the unique design. He's got this slender, more feral feline look to him that I enjoy. I do still think he's a little odd-looking (I wouldn't say "ugly", just...odd), with his squiggly spots and all that, but that's also what I find endearing.

I think I agree with some of the above posts that Gondria and Arcturis now just don't appeal to me because they're see-through. I never liked the spectral saber mount, either, or the ghost saber from Darkshore. I like something with substance to it, an animal that is physically there and not this ethereal shell. But that's also what I'm sure many people like. I just personally prefer a more animal-like appearance.

Therefore, that leaves me with either Loque'nahak or Skoll, and unfortunately for Skoll, I don't like the Northrend worgs or the color blue. I do admit he's pretty nifty, but just not something I intend to get. I'm happy with my Dante. ^_^

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I remember when the very first images of Loque were datamined and news of Spirit Beasts came out. I saw him and definitely thought he was pretty, but I distinctly recall breathing a sigh of relief that I didn't like him enough to camp (since I know he'd be such a pain to find).

I believe the biggest factor for me was that I've never liked cats in WoW. I love them in real life, but I could never get attached to any of the cat models in game. I tried out a few, and even though I really like the mount saber appearance, I still didn't get that 'click'. So, naturally, as I saw that Loque'Nahak was a cat I didn't give him much of a second thought.

Time went by and I saw the other Spirit Beasts that were released. Strangely enough I became excited about Gondria because she looked so beautiful in the first pictures I saw of her, but later I realized that she was a lot more....pink tinged than I originally thought.

When I finally tamed her that one day (my descent into Spirit Beast obsession, lol), I found that I just didn't like the transparent model.....it overlapped in odd places to make big chunky blocks of colour, and it was hard to see the face at certain angles. And again, the pink didn't do anything for me.

After I tamed Skoll I started thinking about Loque some more and how unique his model was. I realize that it's clearly not everyone's tastes, but the more I thought about him the more I realized that I really liked his stylized appearance. His colouring with the ice blue and whites was something really pleasing to me, and when I decided to start casually looking for him I knew that I was hooked.

The night I tamed him all of my doubts were erased when I saw this gorgeous white feline beside me. I love his roar, and just everything about him clicks with me in a way I never could have guessed.

I don't think you're wrong for liking Gondria more, not at all! Everyone has their own tastes, and I can totally understand not caring about Loque. :)
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Each to their own.. I've tamed them all so far.. But have kept only Skoll (Frostfang).. Go figure...

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Yeah I don't think anybody is 'wrong' for liking one skin over another. Blizz put all these new spirit beasts in the game for a reason--to be tamed, and to appeal to different hunters' tastes! The fact that I am not a fan of Gondria does not make her any less worthy as a spirit beast :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Valinai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dentarg

Unread post by Valinai »

I think the appeal of Loque is similar to that of Skoll. He's a Spirit Beast, but he isn't all transparent, like Arc and Gondria. I loooove my Gondria, but she IS hard to see. When I first got her, I kept wondering where my pet was b/c I hadn't learned how to see her yet (if that makes sense!). I kept thinking I didn't a have a pet out!

Though her transparency can be mildly disappointing, I LOVE it when she's in BestialWrath mode and there are just sometimes in a fight when she gloooows so pretty. The biggest disappointment in her appearance for me is how SMALL she got after tame.

Loque, I fell in love with that model the first time I saw it. Because he was so different. He looks like a SPIRIT BEAST, not just a cat on prowl - which is what I think most people think my Gondria is, and I suspect Saturo's as well. Loque is unique and no other creature in the game - except Hark - looks like him. So he's the easily recognizable SB. Skoll is also easily recognized. And Arc as well. Gondria looks a lot like other Prowling cats, so some people might aesthetically prefer something more flashy?
Lotokoth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: shu'halo Horde

Unread post by Lotokoth »

its because loque is the hardest spirit beast to get :3
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Random question: How do you all pronounce Loque'Nahak?

I sort of just say it in my head like 'loke-nah-hack' but I've never really stopped to consider if it should be different. xD
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Vephriel wrote:Random question: How do you all pronounce Loque'Nahak?

I sort of just say it in my head like 'loke-nah-hack' but I've never really stopped to consider if it should be different. xD
"low-kay' nuh-hawk" But I'm probably butchering it. :?

(and that could be because I took Spanish for five years and I just say the "que" as "kay" out of habit)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

I've loved Loque since I saw all of the new pets before WotLK came out, but I was happily MM with my kitties and warpies. When the xpac hit though, and I was done playing with my fancy fun DK (and leveling him to 80, to the shock of everyone), I found leveling tough as MM in my PvP spec... so I reluctantly respecced to BM, and thought- well, if I have to respec, I might as well get that gorgeous animal. I love Loque's vapors, I love his roar, and being a scrawny girl myself in rl (I look like my hunter lol), I don't mind the Spirit Beast being scrawny- we match haha. I love Snow Leopards, and Loque is an amazing interpretation of one. His markings, the way his glow seems to seep through them, and his fangs- I just love it. I really love everything about him, don't think there is anything I would change on him if I had the chance. Plus when he is in BW and all red except for his blue glow- that looks wicked. He just looks sleek and regal, but to each his own! I do hate that he is a 'me too' pet, although the other SB are taking some of that away.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)