Scorpion love... :D

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Scorpion love... :D

Unread post by Aquillian »

So when the expansion dropped, I leveled my hunter to max in a few days, because I was on break and wanted to make the most of the time I had. I got incredibly lucky and was one of the first (if not the first) people to tame Sambas on my server -- had him by day 3 of cata if I'm not mistaken. Terrorpene was a few days later, then Ghostcrawler... then I got lucky and found Karoma twice, taming her the second time (first time she'd just been tamed.)

then I set out to find a scorpion.

2 weeks passed... 2 weeks of doing nothing but sitting in Uldum, waiting. It's officially the longest I've /ever/ waited for a pet (unless you count waiting almost the entire expansion for Krush.... I don't because I never just sat and waited for him, would just do flybys between dailies/farming). And then, finally one day, a huge green scorpion spawned and made my NPC scan go nuts. I tamed her, named her Nanda, and she's been my favorite pet since (surprising to me!)

After that I made a very lazy attempt to find Jadefang, and did so, successfully. Then life got super busy again... work, school, etc., even my social life just went nuts. I've barely had time to play lately. My hunter gets logged out in Uldum a lot though, because I farm mats for goblin BBQs there. Once while circling I found another Maddexx... bronze. Hmm. I actually really love that color, but meh... I can get one any time. Tried in vain to rehome it, nobody replied to me, so I just tamed for grins. Then, today I logged in, tabbed out and listened to music, and forgot WoW was even open.

Suddenly...

*WAAARHOOOOOORNSSSSS DRUMS WHAT IS THAT OMG*

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4513 ... 173748.jpg

^__________^!! Ignore the double NPC scan mess, that was me releasing my bronze Maddexx (who I actually intend to retame, just, as the common mob! The other pets with me at the time were my green Maddexx, Terrorpene, Jadefang and Old Cliff Jumper... needless to say, I wasn't prepared to ever see this scorpid again O_O)

So excited. Now I just need a name. ...and to talk myself out of camping the other colors XD
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Scorpion love... :D

Unread post by Samarachan »

Yay grats on both! He looks like he's about to hug you in the pic ^^

Also....don't bother. We all eventually end up the the desert again. And again. And again.
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Thanks!! Hahaha he so does! :D I named him Rakesh -- "Lord of the Full Moon Day" is what it means. Nanda's name means "joy" -- both are Sanskrit names, at least according to this site.

And oh goodness, I'm already scared I'll be back... red and blue still call to me...!
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

What about the green one? Won't it look great wiht your greeeen eeeeyeeeesss? :twisted:
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Oh yes, Nanda is gorgeous. She's my favorite pet... I look for any excuse to have her out ^___^ She even saved a run in heroic Grim Batol once, on the forgemaster. I use her there for her disarm to help our healers out... one time though, things took a turn for the worst, and our tank dropped. I taunted with Nanda, hit cower and turned growl on, and was able to tank the last 10% of the fight with her. Tough little arachnid...! :D
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I was happy to be rid of that damned desert after Ziarre helped me get my red one. Congrats on your black. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Nitey
Realm: Cenarion Circle

Unread post by Nitey »

So happy for you!! I've seen you out there while I've been doing my circles of the sands watching for a Madexx for my hubby:) So if you see a night elf named Nitemary doing laps and pausing to wish you luck, that's me. My addiction to the scorpid led me to tame all the colors...come to the dark side, hehe;)
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Omg, Nitemary! XD XD I've seen you before so many times, /waved and /cheered at your Maddexx in TB! So yeah, I've seen you, how funny! XD Mwahahaha maybe I will, maybe I will.... *contemplates who could be let go* XD

Thanks TygerDarkstorm! Grats on your red, red is such a beautiful color. The first Maddexx I ever saw was red... I arrived just in time for a rogue to gank it ;_;!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Thanks. ^_^ The red is my favorite color; she's so pretty. :hug:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Darn this thread made me want the green one...After I convinced myself not to.

Ffs. Brb Uldum portal >_>
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Haha, congrats on your black Madexx! I am of the (totally unbiased, 'natch!) opinion that black madexx is the best madexx!
Aquillian wrote: I named him Rakesh -- "Lord of the Full Moon Day"
Moonseeker would also like to be friends with Rakesh.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

I'd go into a mock nerdrage over you stealing a Madexx spawn that some Madexx-less hunter could have tamed just because you're Horde and on my server, but you may actually take me seriously! Honestly, I just tamed a Venomscale Lasher on Cialbi (if that's the right name), and otherwise lack the interest/motivation/time to hunt Madexx.
So, if you see a dwarf hunter named Cialbi or a night elf druid named Aquiyand, feel free to /wave or /greet (and then /point and /laugh if you're having a bad day), because that would be me!

Nitemary, the sands seem to be doing something to you...
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

Madexx is a Myth on Winterhoof I gave up on trying to get him.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Just keep NPCScan clear and you might stumble on him...that's how I found the first one I ever saw.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Bryndell
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Bryndell »

WOW are they really that HUGE in the wild? Ive never seen ANY of them. Still too little to tame one, and my shaman has never seen him.
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by wildstormz »

WARNING!!!! Must LOOK outside of the npc scan overlay!!!! Look where it missed Seeing Madexx!> http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx36 ... rlay-1.png
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

Wowie, I didn't realise he was so...big 0.0 But congratulations on your tame!! Perhaps someday I might undergo the Madexx challenge myself..:P

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yeah, he's easily the size of a proto-drake mount...it makes holding him a challenge, as it's hard to hide a giant ice block in the desert!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yes, Madexx is HUGE in the wild. Very hard to miss him.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine