Forums cleaned up ?

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Forums cleaned up ?

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Ok Mania, I know you changed a few things but I can't quite put on my finger on what but it does looks alot nicer and more organized. :headbang:
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Forums cleaned up ?

Unread post by Azunara »

Yeah, this isn't so bad. I like it. Give me a bit longer to get used to it, and I'll be golden. Heh. Golden. Get it?

Shhh.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Oh yay, she liked our idea for a separate forum for "I tamed this!" threads. :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Will take some getting used to, not too keen on some of the changes but meh....she has the final say.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Tell me what you like and don't like and I'll change it more or less randomly again. ;)
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

One thing I would like to see is the rules, Image size guidelines in one place or merged into one post and visible from the main page. As it is now you have to hunt through different sub forums to get to them all. ;)
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

i like the changes alot, and i LOVE the fact that there is a special area for tame posts!!

/cheer mania
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I love the new changes. Hopefully I can stay logged in longer then 1 minute now though.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Mania wrote:Tell me what you like and don't like and I'll change it more or less randomly again. ;)
Didnt really care for the "Tame this!" section cause it pretty much made Pet Discussion moot since that was 90% of Pet Discussion. We got stickies and we got the PTR section.

LisaaraPokefarm

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Jessibelle wrote:
Mania wrote:Tell me what you like and don't like and I'll change it more or less randomly again. ;)
Didnt really care for the "Tame this!" section cause it pretty much made Pet Discussion moot since that was 90% of Pet Discussion. We got stickies and we got the PTR section.
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/search.ph ... ive_topics
Count the number of topics from the Pet Discussion forum. It's not a dead forum at all.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

i think it was a good idea cause to me pet discusstion fourm is more like.. i guess... spawn timers, spawn area's/zones, maybe if certian pets/model are bugged... things like that..

and then u have the area for " I tamed(isert rare/pet here)"

now noone has to search through tame post or this pet is here post to find stuff..

just imo though xD

I thought of more before hand... but i forgot xD
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

You...you mean Mania listerns to what I say? :O
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Look, those trying to pick a fight with me, stop, okay? Mania asked what I didn't like so I answered honestly. This isn't a place to argue with me over it. It's my opinion. Respect it please.

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Jessibelle wrote:Look, those trying to pick a fight with me, stop, okay? Mania asked what I didn't like so I answered honestly. This isn't a place to argue with me over it. It's my opinion. Respect it please.
No offense, but nobody is attacking you here. They offered counter points and none of them came off as offensive.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Look, those trying to pick a fight with me, stop, okay? Mania asked what I didn't like so I answered honestly. This isn't a place to argue with me over it. It's my opinion. Respect it please.
No offense, but nobody is attacking you here. They offered counter points and none of them came off as offensive.
Counter points weren't asked for nor implied for any discussion. It was merely a reply to Mania. Nothing more. I'd like it to be dropped.

EDIT: I never once mentioned about attacks. Just said there was no need to start countpointing me and saying I'm wrong when I was talking to Mania. If it's not directed at me and your own opinion, dont quote me and try to prove my opinion wrong.
Last edited by Lisaara on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

LisaaraPokefarm

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

......... from what i have seen.. everyone is saying why they like/dont like... i see no attacks... just imo
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Why am I not seeing this new sub-forum? :(

Whether I do or not, however, this is a really great change! Pet Discussion will be so much cleaner and easier to navigate, and making a sub-forum for pet tames makes it feel more legitimate to congratulate those who have made these tames, because recently I had felt like I was just bumping up threads that blocked out more important ones by congratulating people, so I stopped. But now I can go on again. If the sub-forum starts showing up eventually, that is! :D
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Awesome changes! Much approved!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Eh, fair enough. your opinion and my opinion differ, and I'll leave your opinion alone since this isn't the place for debate.
Mozag wrote:Why am I not seeing this new sub-forum? :(

Whether I do or not, however, this is a really great change! Pet Discussion will be so much cleaner and easier to navigate, and making a sub-forum for pet tames makes it feel more legitimate to congratulate those who have made these tames, because recently I had felt like I was just bumping up threads that blocked out more important ones by congratulating people, so I stopped. But now I can go on again. If the sub-forum starts showing up eventually, that is! :D
That would be because Mania didn't create a subforum; "Taming Stories" is a 'main forum' in the WoW category of the forum index. Worth noting that the "Name That Pet" subforum is now a subforum of the new "Taming Stories" forum (wow, I made that sound complicated!).
Hopefully that will help you find the "Taming Stories" forum in the future. For now, just follow this link: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewforum.php?f=34
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Cialbi wrote: That would be because Mania didn't create a subforum; "Taming Stories" is a 'main forum' in the WoW category of the forum index. Worth noting that the "Name That Pet" subforum is now a subforum of the new "Taming Stories" forum (wow, I made that sound complicated!).
Hopefully that will help you find the "Taming Stories" forum in the future. For now, just follow this link: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewforum.php?f=34
Just as a side note to this, users of the "New Posts" feature should still keep seeing these posts without having to hunt down the new forum. :)

[/center]