Rare pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Rare pets

Unread post by Pawtrack »

What pets are rare?

No, not the rare as in it has a long spawn timer and a silver dragon around it's picture and it sparkles, but rare as in rare to see tamed. What skins/families have you only ever seen a few times in SW, or Org. Never seen any other color tallstrider then pink or blue? Me too. So, what are the rarest skins on your server/battlegroup? For example, I've seen Jadefang around a few times, but never any of the other shale spider colors. So, of all the pet skins, what are actually rare? What have you never or rarely seen tamed but always see in the wild?

Just curious. The rarest in my opinion are White Tallstrider, most cat skins except Humar and Sambas ( :lol: ), any color Shale Spider except green (which is still fairly rare) and all colors of old-world worms.

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorie

Re: Rare pets

Unread post by Spiritbeests »

Aotona. I got him this morning (yay!) but I have never seen anyone else with it.
Amayane
Realm: EU Gilneas

Unread post by Amayane »

Aotona, Spiteflayer.. but in general i dont see many hunters on my server with a birdie.

And Krush, i've only seen him one time with another hunter. I see black and white devilsaurs often, but never a green one.
Lukhela
Realm: EU - Malfurion

Unread post by Lukhela »

Nether Rays and Sporebats I think. But Tallstriders too.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Have not seen too many people with the old world spider skins or the green scorpid. Not too many with the old orange tiger either on the servers I frequent.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

On Moon Guard, parrots in general. I see vultures and owls(really only Olm, tch.) eagles but never any parrots, which is a real shame as they're lovely.

Cats are a freakin' plague, as is Chromaggus. I rarely see wolves who aren't Old Cliff Jumper and/or the armored black worg, or old-world spiders/tarantulas.

I get comments on my felboar every so often. :)

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

rhythm
Realm: Sen'jin

Unread post by rhythm »

I have never seen a hunter with a sporebat.
As far as skins/uniqueness, it's been a long time since I saw the King Bangsalot :D I wish I had tamed him but I could never tame him at the appropiate level and I never went back after I found Kyra.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I second the parrots. Even though I've been trying to get that dang Brilliant Macaw for -ever-.

Cats that aren't lions or shiny. (Though Pogeyan seems to be very scarce on both Sents and WRA; I think I've only seen my own tames, when it comes to it.)

Snakes.
Sporebats.
Nether rays. (does ANYONE use one of these?)

...frankly, anything that isn't a fox, wolf, shinycat/lion, core hound, SB, or devilsaur. Or Terrorpene.

-I- think people should have tallstriders. It's like a fox, without any of the bugs! :P (yes, foxes are still buggy.)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Snakes, spore bats, nether rays (possibly because they dont have an idle position, they are crazy awesome imo but cant get past the no-idle part), parrots and well.. pretty much ANYTHING that flies or hovers above the ground. Havent seen much in the devilsaur, chimera, worm, scorpoid (ok i just realized that im gonna be naming out like 3/4ths of the entire pet family collection so im just gonna stop my rambling xD)

Yea.... i see a few here and there, mostly actually out questing over inside cities, specially seeing as ppl bring out their shiny pets to show off to the enormous crowd of players (i do not lie, i totally showed off my shiny beasties after taming them... only Gezzerak the Huntress, Loque and Terrorpene (when he was new) got any adoring praise and cheers lolol)

^yes. I adore the foxes but i could never send one into combat when theres a chance it could die so i have a pretty purple tallstrider incase i ever want their ability which is like... not actually ever ._. i just stick to my bear and wolf...

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

The site hasn't been updated since Wrath, but Zardoz has data mined the armory to report on the popularity of different hunter pet skins.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

wow...most popular Spider was "Skin Unknown" lol
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Worms, so far I have only seen a very few hunters with worms. And in those cases it was the jormungar worms, As far as I know I am the only hunter with a yellow worm.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nubhorns wrote:On Moon Guard, parrots in general. I see vultures and owls(really only Olm, tch.) eagles but never any parrots, which is a real shame as they're lovely.

Cats are a freakin' plague, as is Chromaggus. I rarely see wolves who aren't Old Cliff Jumper and/or the armored black worg, or old-world spiders/tarantulas.

I dont see Chromaggus much on Alliance. I always see Kurken.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Keilden wrote:Worms, so far I have only seen a very few hunters with worms. And in those cases it was the jormungar worms, As far as I know I am the only hunter with a yellow worm.
Yep. I find that Oozeworm/Grubthor (different rares, same unique skin) are relatively unknown, despite being rares with a unique skin.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Though this IS a rare spawn.. I hardly EVER see it; Brown Madexx. Best Madexx in my opinion. Most gorgeous, most realistic.. Just the best. But I never see anyone with it, which makes me sad. To heck with the rainbow-y Madexxes! To heck with the "Pretty" colours! Brown Madexx is the best! <3

Ahem. Other than that.. I don't see many people with the yellow worm. Or heck, the yellow spotted cat (The non-mount model, to be specific, but the mount model can work too, as I never see it either). Plain old grey owls... Brown wolves... Yadda yadda yadda. Basically, the most basic and "Common" pets seem to actually be rarer than the rare spawns! For example.. The Wintersaber Pride Watchers. I NEVER see them. At all. But Rak'Shiri? SO MANY BLUE CATS AGH.

So yeah.. Common ones are actually rare and rare ones are actually common. Ironic, no?
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Jessibelle wrote:
Nubhorns wrote:On Moon Guard, parrots in general. I see vultures and owls(really only Olm, tch.) eagles but never any parrots, which is a real shame as they're lovely.

How funny, now I see lots of Chromagguses and next to none of the Kurken. :lol:
Parrots seem to be pretty rarish, as well as tallstriders (I see much more foxes). Serpents seem to be less popular than raptors. I can't say that I've seen a tamed Deathmaw yet either. Of course, I haven't spent much time in cities recently either as I've been leveling some of my lowbie hunters. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:

How funny, now I see lots of Chromagguses and next to none of the Kurken. :lol:
Parrots seem to be pretty rarish, as well as tallstriders (I see much more foxes). Serpents seem to be less popular than raptors. I can't say that I've seen a tamed Deathmaw yet either. Of course, I haven't spent much time in cities recently either as I've been leveling some of my lowbie hunters. :)
XD

Foxes....they're all rare EXCEPT Ashtail. Every hunter and their mom has Ashtail.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bastor
Realm: EU-Die Todeskrallen

Unread post by Bastor »

I rarely see anyone else but me running with a rhino.

I tamed one in WotLK and used it as a leveling tank but recently have fallen in love with it for all purposes.

I don't do dungeons that often, where I would use my Ghostcrawler or my Chromaggus, but in Battlegrounds PvP and Questing I always use Nasir, my wooly white rhino.

He knocked quiet a few alliance to death at the flag in Eye of the Storm.
JagKat
Realm: Trollbane & Kilrogg-US

Unread post by JagKat »

I've never seen anyone running around with an Albino Eyegouger, the yellow shale spider or a rhino of any skin. I'm thinking I might tame the yellow shale spider on my alt when she is big enough to get him, just because he always looks so lonely, just skittering around by himself in Deepholm. Poor little fella. :(
Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

Basicly - All pets that dont look special, like common brown tallstriders, etc,

If you want a list, check out favorite pet models on our petopia homepage, it has them all rated, and just check the pets that are lowest rated.

Moths are rarely tamed as well, and they are excellent, and bats, etc etc

Just look for the most boring model you can find in any pet.
I often use my blue sporebat, but i rarely see another
same goes for my blue turtle