Rate My Collection

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorie

Rate My Collection

Unread post by Spiritbeests »

I collect rare and difficult to tame pets, as some of you may know. I recently filled up my 25th slot. I would like you guys to judge on a scale of 1-10 how impressive this is.
Chrommagus, Nuramoc, Skoll, Pogeyan, Shadowclaw, Duskstalker, Ghostcrawler, Karoma, Gondria, Arcturis, Garra, Zaricotl, Aotona, King Krush, Red Madexx, Jadefang, Gezzarak the Huntress, Terrorpene, Olm the Wise, Loque'Nahak, Princess Huhuran, Lord Kri, Old Cliff Jumper, Tsul'Kalu and a Green Madexx.

Duskstalker and Shadowclaw I tamed because I was more or less out of ideas and I like the model. This is the best collection of anyone on my server and would like some feedback, advice, etc.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Rate My Collection

Unread post by Dewclaw »

You certainly have a nice collection, but I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it a rating. Only you can judge what works "best" for you. At any rate, grats on your tames.
Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Thanks ^_^. Personally, I think I've got a 9/10 or even a 10/10. There was one guy on my server, a draenie that I'm not sure the name of who was close, but I have him beat. He wasn't as in to it as me, but he kept getting lucky, lol.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Fancy collection, but I'm not sure why it needs a rating or why you feel compelled to "beat" other hunters. That's like saying those of us who like common skins are lame or something. =/

I dunno...the idea of pet taming being like a competition makes me uncomfortable because I believe that you should tame the pets you love and know you'll bond with. If you love all your rares that's fine; I just...yeah...makes me feel weird that you want a rating. :|

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I meant more like 1-10 on the difficulty of obtaining them all. I can see what you mean and I'm not saying that common pets are lame. I like harder to get pets. I just mean the difficulty level involved with them all.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ah okay, misinterpretation on my part.
I'd give it an 8. :)

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

This is just my opinion, in which you asked people to rate your collection.

4/10, purely on originality and "difficulty".

I wouldn't say any of them are really "hard" to tame, just find them and push the tame button if I'm not wrong. The only ones there I would rate would possibly be Krush or Princess Huhuran and Lord Kri to a lesser extent, and that's If you tamed them last expansion. Personally I don't think that being in the right place at the right time has anything to do with your skill, it's called luck, and dumb luck at that sometimes.

Sorry I just find people saying their personally chosen collection is better than another's a bit off, and imo this collections is awfully common among these types of people.

Rare does not = better, possibly just more lucky. But I'll give you a 8.5/10 for luck ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Spiritbinder wrote:This is just my opinion, in which you asked people to rate your collection.

4/10, purely on originality and "difficulty".

I wouldn't say any of them are really "hard" to tame, just find them and push the tame button if I'm not wrong. The only ones there I would rate would possibly be Krush or Princess Huhuran and Lord Kri to a lesser extent, and that's If you tamed them last expansion. Personally I don't think that being in the right place at the right time has anything to do with your skill, it's called luck, and dumb luck at that sometimes.

Sorry I just find people saying their personally chosen collection is better than another's a bit off, and imo this collections is awfully common among these types of people.

Rare does not = better, possibly just more lucky. But I'll give you a 8.5/10 for luck ;)
You worded my thoughts perfectly, I just didn't want to sound mean. :oops:
I know my boyfriend basically walked up to most of his spirit beasts--Arc was the only one that gave him any trouble.

[/center]
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Teevo »

Special thanks to Pooksie for my Sig!

Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

Like the others said- few of these pets are truely difficult to get! Whilst it took a grand total of three months to find my Krush, it was simply a matter of being in the right place at the right time. :lol:

And in all honesty- most hunter's stables are usually... Almost identical to yours! Many stables I've spotted on armory are mostly composed of spirit beasts/rares. ;)

Anyhow, 5/10! You're pretty lucky. :D

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I thought it was pretty impressive anyhow.
Bundia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Bundia »

I personally think that if you think it's impressive, it is at least to you. And ultimately that's all that matters to me. As many have said here, your stable isn't much different from the average "petopian's" collection. It's comprised of the commonly sought after rares, and without knowing any back story, you may have lucked upon every single one. Most WoW players agree that luck is just that. It's not to say that each pet is insignificant because of that. We've all felt a sense of accomplishment when taming a rare be it through luck or patience. It's RNG no matter how you look at it. And even though some may frown upon you for taming rares just so you can be "cool," who cares. Not everyone's motives for taming are the same. And often rares are unique skins. That's why we tame them. They are unique and beautiful to us. And you pay to play the game as you wish. Just be careful to know that some people don't collect so they can have the "best" collection. And we all think ours is the best anyhow.

Congrats on your tames!
Arantxa
Realm: Smolderthorn

Unread post by Arantxa »

Gratz!! Impressive collection. Love them all :)
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Spiritbeests wrote:Arcturis, Garra, Zaricotl
Caught my eye here and I'm probably missing something obvious, but who is Garra?
Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Woops, I derped, Garra is my Sambas, put his name instead of what he was before I tamed :oops: I'm glad to see a mix of responses. If there's one thing we can all agree upon, it's that pets are awsome! :mrgreen:
Wrecx
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Wrecx »

Spiritbeests wrote:I collect rare and difficult to tame pets, as some of you may know. I recently filled up my 25th slot. I would like you guys to judge on a scale of 1-10 how impressive this is.
Chrommagus, Nuramoc, Skoll, Pogeyan, Shadowclaw, Duskstalker, Ghostcrawler, Karoma, Gondria, Arcturis, Garra, Zaricotl, Aotona, King Krush, Red Madexx, Jadefang, Gezzarak the Huntress, Terrorpene, Olm the Wise, Loque'Nahak, Princess Huhuran, Lord Kri, Old Cliff Jumper, Tsul'Kalu and a Green Madexx.

Duskstalker and Shadowclaw I tamed because I was more or less out of ideas and I like the model. This is the best collection of anyone on my server and would like some feedback, advice, etc.

I have the same collection. A few different ones here and there a couple of skins I just dont want like Old Cliff Jumper and Princess for example. Other then that I have all the Spirit Beasts, Green Madexx, Olm, Nuramoc, Jadefang, Gezzarak, and ofcourse I have Sambas IMO no collection is complete unless you have Sambas so 6/10 :) 8-)
Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I have sambas, Garra is my sambas, I mistyped :lol:
NoShoes
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by NoShoes »

IMHO, no collection is complete unless you have the NEW Grunter, Winna's Kitty, the ghost sabre from Auberdine or any of the pets that are no longer available. The Ghost Sabre was the original "spirit beast", and Grunter is just.......like mandatory and one of the harder most rare pets in the "old" world.

Also I think you'd need to have Beauty or some other boss for a "hard" tame. Like maybe Corbus before they made him not tameable.

THAT would be a "oh wow" collection for me.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

NoShoes wrote: Like maybe Corbus before they made him not tameable.

THAT would be a "oh wow" collection for me.
Corbus was tameable? O.o