Blizzard should use Spirit Beasts differently.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Blizzard should use Spirit Beasts differently.

Unread post by swimgremlin »

I think using spirit beasts to make currently untamable families tamable would be better. 2 cats, 2 wolves, bear, crab... They're all tamable!

What I'd like to see is a spirit zebra! Or a frenzy (fish)! I mean why not? I'm sure some of the different beast classes will never be tamable, but still look awesome, why not make a ethereal skin for them and label it Spirit Beast? I'd be thrilled to have a Spirit Sea Lion :P
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Re: Blizzard should use Spirit Beasts differently.

Unread post by WildcatTM »

I'd like to see Spirit Beasts with its related beast's special, in addition to what all Spirit Beasts have. I.e., Ghost Crawler with the Pin ability.

PetCollector
Realm: Killrogg

Unread post by PetCollector »

swimgremlin wrote:Or a frenzy (fish)!
are you taking the piss lol :P
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

WildcatTM wrote:I'd like to see Spirit Beasts with its related beast's special, in addition to what all Spirit Beasts have. I.e., Ghost Crawler with the Pin ability.

Hmm.. That would be debatable as the cats share the roar of courage with spirit beasts, and imagine if the wolf spirit beasts got both the crit roar and agi one. That would homoginize pets like back in WotLK
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

No, I don't think that's what he meant. In the case of wolf spirit beasts, they would get Furious Howl (5% crit) instead of Roar of Courage (+x agi&str). I imagine that all Spirit Beasts would still get Spirit Walk and Spirit Mend, though.

This is what I think he was suggesting, mind you - I could easily be very wrong.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Sanchico
Realm: The Underbog

Unread post by Sanchico »

I'd like to see a Spirit Shark. It would(hopefully) satisfy all of us who want a shark pet.
Go Floating Shark!!
Arcanimus
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mal'Ganis

Unread post by Arcanimus »

I'm kind of hoping for something of a different nature. Ala Spirit Fleshbeast or Spirit Faceless One (The small headsquid variety)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I love the floating spirit shark idea. Hehe.

I think the only thing standing in the way is they'd still have ensure a full set of good-looking animations for any beast they choose. Not all of them would already have that. That and the fact that once a family was used for a spirit beast everyone would start nagging endlessly for the rest of the family to be made tameable. Still it'd be great to see :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I think Spirit sharks would be awesome...

of course, you'd HAVE to carry around with you at all times a couple bottles of water to splash your pet... because without it, it'd just shrivel up and die.

no more "pet fidelity".. replace it with "pet moisture"!!!

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Personally, what I want to see more than anyhting for the Spirit Beast family is one beast, just one, with a unique skin - and a spawn timer that is 5 minutes or less. Seriously, we have to camp rarespawns in order to get a decent self-heal?

_____

swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Cialbi wrote:Personally, what I want to see more than anyhting for the Spirit Beast family is one beast, just one, with a unique skin - and a spawn timer that is 5 minutes or less. Seriously, we have to camp rarespawns in order to get a decent self-heal?

Alot of the WotLK spirit beasts are pretty easy to find these days, as is Ghostcrawler.

Floating Shark would be awesome! I mean, it's a "Spirit" beast right? Their spirit walk ability talks about how it moves in between dimensions, so why not? I don't think they'd have to elaborate on too much when it comes to the animation department. Most mobs have their own unique combat and idle animations. :)
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

The emerald owls in dragon blight should be spirit beasts... by description they are, and as for ones i would like to see? Spirit devilsaur

signature thanks to Kurieno
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

SPIRIT HYDRA!!
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Redith wrote:SPIRIT HYDRA!!

i love you

signature thanks to Kurieno
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

swimgremlin wrote:
Cialbi wrote:Personally, what I want to see more than anyhting for the Spirit Beast family is one beast, just one, with a unique skin - and a spawn timer that is 5 minutes or less. Seriously, we have to camp rarespawns in order to get a decent self-heal?

Alot of the WotLK spirit beasts are pretty easy to find these days, as is Ghostcrawler.

Floating Shark would be awesome! I mean, it's a "Spirit" beast right? Their spirit walk ability talks about how it moves in between dimensions, so why not? I don't think they'd have to elaborate on too much when it comes to the animation department. Most mobs have their own unique combat and idle animations. :)
Define 'easy'. They're still being camped on a regular basis on my main realm, Cenarion Circle, and not at all easy to find. I've only been able to find one Spirit Beast since Cataclysm, and that was at a ridiculously late hour, server time. In fact, I spotted King Krush once - and he was dead in less than a minute later because I wasn't the only one to spot him. There still are people leveling through Northrend, and rares are still dropping like flies once they spawn. So, they may be easier, but don't confuse that with easy.

_____

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I definitely agree, I've always thought the Spirit Beasts presented a perfect and unique opportunity to throw in various other creatures (like, for example, a Stag), that don't have their own entire family but can be categorized under the all-inclusive Spirit Beast group. I do hope they branch out in the future when it comes to new additions. Would be a shame to pass up that opportunity. :)
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Haha, just had a crazy thought, and I'm not saying they should do this, but what if we could que as healers? O_o lol
Like we could have a special pet that doesn't attack but heals the whole time instead, and you could direct him. That would be soo weird... o_o;;
Just a crazy "what if" thought ^_^

swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Litlemouse wrote:Haha, just had a crazy thought, and I'm not saying they should do this, but what if we could que as healers? O_o lol
Like we could have a special pet that doesn't attack but heals the whole time instead, and you could direct him. That would be soo weird... o_o;;
Just a crazy "what if" thought ^_^

I've though of that too before actually. Lol. Not a hunter per se, but a pet class which would have a healing spec which it would heal with the help of set pets.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Well, if I was going to redesign Spirit beasts... and fix the exotics some folk get huffy about..

Remove the spirit beast family.
Remove exotics.

Add a BM talent or short quest where each pet family can gain an extra ability when handled by a BM hunter, and second state that would be the "spirit beast" state (which would use the ghostly skins that some of the spirit beasts have now).

So any pet family would be capable of being exotic, and could also be turned into spirit beasts.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

You do realize that with that plan, Loque'Nahak and Skoll become completely unobtainable. Arcturis too, for that matter - that spirit beast is based off the following skin: http://wow-petopia.com/look/bearskinspectral.html

So, let's say that Blizzard does go ahead and announce that next pact will be removing spirit beasts from the wild. Where do all the hunters who want a soon-to-be-discontinued pet, and all the &%$#ing griefers, flock to? The only winner would be Algalon, venturing out to feed upon your tears one last time.

_____