Hydra tames? (not sure if this goes here)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Hydra tames? (not sure if this goes here)

Unread post by Hisae »

Just like the subject asks. Are hydras tamable yet? I got really interested after reading everyone's comments!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Hydra tames? (not sure if this goes here)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
datgrl
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by datgrl »

I logged in last night and headed to Zangarmarsh to get my orange hydra. I was sorely disappointed to see they are not yet able to be tamed. I thought I read it would happen in 4.1 but I guess it got pushed out. Now I'm wondering if it was all just a dream :)
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

i was hoping for them to be tamable now with all the videos and comments bout it. went to scholarin basin to tame one, nope, not tamable....hmmm so i though to myself, maybe only certain ones are tamable. so went to zangarmarsh... nope not tamable either............ searched online for more info..... nothing new besides the "hydras tamable in patch 4.1" stuff but nothing confirming it after patch release.... would like to get tha hydra one from the oracle dailies in the basin lol.

i would like them to have a new "buff" besides the devilsaurs and wolfs. maybe defence buff? or element resist buff? since they prob gonna make then tenacity types like the crocoliks..... maybe they be tamable later on. and some new models. like a 4-headed one or emits a glowing aura.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

There actually isn't, and was never, true confirmation that hydras were going to be tamable in 4.1. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rixuraxu

Unread post by Rixuraxu »

Never posted before lets see if this works

Woot it did, so thats from Live, my once awesome crocolisk skin is now a replacement for my wolf in raids
Last edited by Rixuraxu on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

okay someonec check PTR please...

signature thanks to Kurieno
datgrl
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by datgrl »

Here's a quote from WOWInsider - Frostheim's column "Scattered Shots":

"Hydra pet family

One of the undocumented changes was the introduction of the hydra pet family. The hydra is a ferocity pet with the special ability Bellowing Roar, which provides the 5% crit buff. Sadly, to my current knowledge, there are no tamable hydras anywhere in the game.

The Wrath daily quest for the Oracles faction, A Cleansing Song, allowed you to briefly summon a ghost hydra (and a slime), and for a while both of those could be tamed -- and both were members of the crocolisk family.

Blizzard removed the ability to tame them but left them in the stables of hunters who had already tamed them. So those few hunters who had tamed a ghost hydra in that window of time now have a new family for their hydras.

We can only assume, however, that tamable hydras will be put in the game in the very near future."
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Cerele wrote:okay someonec check PTR please...
PTR's closed right now.
datgrl wrote:Here's a quote from WOWInsider - Frostheim's column "Scattered Shots":

"Hydra pet family

One of the undocumented changes was the introduction of the hydra pet family. The hydra is a ferocity pet with the special ability Bellowing Roar, which provides the 5% crit buff. Sadly, to my current knowledge, there are no tamable hydras anywhere in the game.

The Wrath daily quest for the Oracles faction, A Cleansing Song, allowed you to briefly summon a ghost hydra (and a slime), and for a while both of those could be tamed -- and both were members of the crocolisk family.

Blizzard removed the ability to tame them but left them in the stables of hunters who had already tamed them. So those few hunters who had tamed a ghost hydra in that window of time now have a new family for their hydras.

We can only assume, however, that tamable hydras will be put in the game in the very near future."
That explains it quite nicely.
In short, there is a new hydra pet family, but there are presently no tamable hydras.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!