Your character's changes over the years

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Your character's changes over the years

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I think it could be interesting to know what changes your characters has been through over the years of playing.
Changes like faction/name/server changes.
As for me, I've moved some of my alliance characters to a new server, when I became a fulltime horde player, and wanted more room for more horde characters.
Never did any name changes on any of my characters. The only 'drastic' change was when I canged my blood elf paladin to a tauren. I just got tired of all her armor looking like bikinis, and helmets looking like buckets on her head. So now she's a badass tauren instead. :)

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Your character's changes over the years

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lets see... I'll go by Time Period: Name - Race and Class - Server

End of BC(when I started) : Jetfire - Night Elf Druid - Blackwater Raiders
Beginning of Wrath: Jetfire - Tauren Druid - Sisters of Elune
End of Wrath: Jetfyre - Night Elf Druid - Moon Guard
Beginning of Cata: Jetfyre - Worgen Druid - Moon Guard
Today: Jetfyre - Night Elf Druid - Moon Guard

I'm only gonna do her cause she was my very first toon and went through the most changes.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Warlock
Vanilla: Saturo - Female Gnome - Brown pigtails
TBC: Saturo - Female Gnome - Brown pigtails
WOTLK: Saturo - Female Gnome - Black pigtails
Cata: Saturo - Female Gnome - Brown pigtails

Mage
Vanilla: Torph - Male undead - Bald
TBC: Torph - Male undead - Bald
WOTLK: Torph - Male undead - Bald
Cata: Torph - Male undead - Bald

Hunter
Vanilla: Sat - Female Night Elf - Long blue hair
TBC: Sat - Female Draenei - The hairstyle with the bangs
WOTLK: Sat - Female Draenei - The hairstyle with the bangs
Cata: Sat - Female Draenei - The hairstyle with the bangs

I like my characters the way they are. My only racechange ever was because I can't stand the stupid night elf bounce.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Saturo wrote:I like my characters the way they are. My only racechange ever was because I can't stand the stupid night elf bounce.
Same for me. I also like my characters the way they are. But with my paladin, she were like level 20 for 3 years, but when I started playing her again, and getting her to level 85, I just couldn't stand how everyting she equipped looked silly on her.
I mean, if I wanted a Barbie doll I'd buy one. (Might be slightly strange for a 37 year old guy buying that, but that's another story). :P

And no offence to the ones that likes blood elf females. The hunter I play the most is a blood elf female. But items looks better on her for some reason..

When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

Unread post by Pokerfase »

My Hunter:

WotLK (Level 1 to 75): Arclite - Blood Elf Hunter - Eonar - Simple
WotLK (Levels 75-80): Casandrau - Blood Elf Hunter - Wyrmrest Accord - Simple
Beginning of Cataclysm: Casandrau - Blood Elf Hunter - Wyrmrest Accord - Simple
Current: Snope - Goblin Hunter - Vek'nilash - Various hairstyles

My Shaman:

WotLK to Cataclysm (Level 84): Vicario - Troll Shaman - Eonar - Tail
Current: Bartraz - Troll Shaman - Vek'nilash - Bald

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Original: Rassaa - F. Dwarf Hunter - Cenarion Circle - Orange tail
BC: Rassaa - F. Dwarf Hunter - Cenarion Circle - Orange tail
WotLK: Rassaa - F. Dwarf Hunter - Wyrmrest Accord - Orange tail
Cata: Rassaa - F. Dwarf Hunter - Cenarion Circle - Orange tail

Original: Lightfur - M. Tuaren Druid - Aerie Peak - Greyish fur, three braids, gouger horns.
BC: Lightfur - M. Tuaren Druid - Aerie Peak - Greyish fur, three braids, gouger horns.
WotLK: Lightfur - M. Tuaren Druid - Wyrmrest Accord - Greyish and white fur, three braids, capped horns.
Cata: Lysender - M. Worgen Druid - Wyrmrest Accord - tan fur.

WotLK (1-55): Luake - F. Tauren Druid - Wyrmrest Accord - Red fur
WotLK: Luare - F. Night Elf Druid - Wyrmrest Accord - purple skin/hair.
Cata: Contemplating making her a troll.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Vanilla to late BC (Hyjal/BT patch): Wassa - Kirin Tor
Late BC (Hyjal/BT patch) to start to Wrath: Wassles - Earthen Ring. Name Wassa was taken by a level 10 character that hadn't been played in years.
Start of Wrath: Wassa - Garrosh. Only here for like, what, a week to get away from the lag of ER. Was a free transfer.
Wrath - now: Wassa - Wyrmrest Accord. Normal PvE servers suck, so yay for a fresh RP server. Still here and loving it.

Never changed Wassa's look, ever. Well, maybe for like one second to get the shave and haircut achievement, but I changed that back instantly hehe.

The only character I've done a major change on is my druid that went from a night elf to a troll, still kept the same name though.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

The only thing I've done is visit the barber shop. My main switched from a starting haircut to one of the really short ones when they became available. I've done similar things with some alts.
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Esa has had the most changes

Vanilla: NE druid with white hair [Sargeras]
-skipped BC-
Early WOTLK: NE druid with white hair [Sargeras]
Mid WOTLK: NE druid with purple/pinkish hair [Sargeras]
Late WOTLK to present: Tauren druid with tan fur. [Sargeras -> Greymane -> maybe Zul'jin?]

:)
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

If my mother would let me, I'd race change my tauren hunter to a troll and change her name to something less... odd/long looking but she doesn't want to spend the money on it.

So Deathly will stay how she is, as a bulky moocow with an unfitting HP obsessed name. :s

Not that I don't like moocows, I love them to pieces. It's just that... her mounts get a little in the way (poor proto-buddy of hers looks like he's on steroid compared to other mounts he sits by) and her poor pets are dwarfed. :c

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Vephriel was originally created with the long swept-back hairstyle, since it was the only one at the time that had bangs. She also had the hoop earrings.

When WotLK came out and Barbershops were introduced, I changed to the human female hairstyle that was perfect. Since the hoop earrings weren't really visible with the new hair, I gave her the studs in the upper ear instead.

Finally, I decided to pay for a recustomization to alter her skin tone. When I created her I was sure I had chosen the palest colour, but I had accidentally missed it. Recustomization didn't exist for a long time of course, so I figured I was just stuck with it. Then when the option became available I couldn't decide if it was worth the fee for such a minor alteration, but finally I knew I'd be happier if I did it. x)

As for server changes, I moved to Nesingwary when the Petopians group was formed and it's been my home realm since. :D
Attachments
Image7.png
Image7.png (148.96 KiB) Viewed 3054 times
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Changes like faction/name/server changes.
Original character:
race change: human
name change

Current main:
server xfer - Duskwood > Ysera
name change

Current Hunt:
race change: undead
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Galahandra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Galahandra »

Well, here're the ones of mine I can remember:

Seraphima name changed to Galahandra. Server change.

Claudine name changed to Renette. Server change. Race change from Orc to Worgen.

Maybelle name changed to Chaelan. Server change. Race change Tauren to Worgen.

Sarasvati name changed to Tamara. Server change. Race change Human to Troll.

Helwen name changed to Cerysa then to Claudine. Server change. Race change Undead to Human.

Celaena. Server change. Race change from Draenei to Dwarf.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

My Hunter:
WotLK (Level 1 to 70): Eziwolf - Tauren Hunter - Saurfang EU - Created to look exactly like Cairne Bloodhoof
WotLK (Levels 70-75): Caírne - Tauren Hunter - Saurfang EU - Name change because of...se above
WotLK (Levels 75-80): Eziwolf - Tauren Hunter - Hellfire EU - Realm change due to guild migration, the accent on the "i" didn't please me over time
Cata (Levels 80-85): Eziwolf - Tauren Hunter - Hellfire EU - nothing real happens here
Cata (Ding 85): Eziwolf: Goblin Hunter - Hellfire EU - shame on me. I tried goblin but got bored very soon.
Cata (january-march): Eziwolf: Tauren Hunter - Hellfire EU - back to reality!
Cata (march-today): Eziwolf: Tauren Hunter - Runetotem EU - my guild breaks up and I decide to migrate in a more populated realm.

My Mage:
WotLK (Level 1 to 30): Nance - Troll female Mage - Hellfire EU - pink hair and the pretty face =)
Cata (Level 30-40): Nance - Orc male Mage - Hellfire - I know it's a female name, but I liked it :D
Cata (40-50): Wazfang - Orc male Mage - Runetotem - Due to a couple of special event pets and achi I didn't wanted to lose, I transfered him, been forced to change the name, chosed a orc-like name.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

My main Teigan, 85 goblin huntress:

I started playing during WotLK, so that is when Teigan was born. She began life as a dwarf female on Eldre'thalas, named Tejon. No, not like the mustard...which lead to the name change to Teigan, which has been her name ever since.
As a dwarf, she always had the shoulder length light red hair with three braids. I tried a few other styles, but went back to that.
This past fall I moved her to Nesingwary and did a faction change. She became Teigan the Orc, with dark red, short hair. After Cata came out, I fell in love with the goblins and out of love with Teigan. So, to re-kindle the love, I changed her into a goblin. I am very happy with her.

Grushdeva, 85 troll huntress:

She began life as a Tauren huntress named Gryselde on Madoran. She started as a solid grey Tauren with long braids, but tried white, red, light brown and black. Around level 40, I moved her to Nesingwary after discovering Petopians. She mostly was red after that, though I tried making her grey again for a while. Shortly after Cata I did a name and race change, turning her into Grushdeva, the troll. I really love her as a troll. She has light blue skin with the blue mohawk and braids hairstyle.
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

I've messed around a little in the barber shop, but I've never renamed, server-changed, or re-customized any of my characters.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Wassa wrote:Never changed Wassa's look, ever. Well, maybe for like one second to get the shave and haircut achievement, but I changed that back instantly hehe.
Same on Smyelmdar. He's my main, and sort of my first horde. And I like him the way I created him.
Don't know, but I guess he's somewhat sacred, cause most of my other characters have had changes in the barber shop.

Remember when the barber shops were introduced, Morgula (my troll shaman) had the ultra short hair. It's the one with a knot/pigtail on the top now. I'm a bit sad that they fixed it actually. :P

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Eeeh, awesome stories.

I've changed servers with my group of "mains" a fair few times now, though every time it was because for one reason or another the BF was primarily unhappy with something. Some of those changes really agonised me but I'm older and wiser now and know when to put my foot down! :P We're both really happy where we are anyway.

As for characters, Cat has always had her white ponytail - changed for the achievement and changed straight back. She just isn't her without that same haircut. When I made her billions of years ago, as an elf she just had to have nice glowing white hair, and a ponytail seemed the most logical choice for a hunter... And yeah, now it's stuck! Apart from that though, no changes.

Tibs started as a Tauren druid, levelled all the way to 70 and then 80 when Wrath came out as a healer before swapping to primarily a tank (now she's feralbear/feralcat, no healing at all). I loved Tauren so much but I found it too difficult to keep two level 80's that I wanted to gear to a reasonable level... even now I'd love to make a Tauren hunter, but I'm into Belf's atm for some reason lol :x

The only other significant change was the name of my Warlock. I created her one day when I was sick to pass the time away. I don't even remember from levels 15-80 but... they must have been done cause she's 80 today xD Her name was Spilten, and through one of our many server changes I decided I was sick of her having "spill" in her name so changed it to the more cutesy Skitten. I still call her Spil sometimes though lol.

Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

None of my characters have changed servers, factions, or guild. I got in with a good group of people and havn't ever felt like moving on. Guess I got lucky the first time.

I gave my hunter white hair once for a joke, but went back to her original hair color after a few days. Aside from that, she's exactly as I created her. Again: got lucky the first time.

My DK started off as a dwarf, but I racechanged to human after a while because I didn't like the dwarf DK voice. Plus I love love love the human bonus to rep grinding. I fiddled with his hair and mustache a bit, too.

And I namechanged my shaman last week because the name I originally chose was too similar to a guildmate's shaman. Since I got tired of people saying "Hi, Xylie!" every time I logged on, I changed names. I've also fiddled with her hair style and color, and probably will again--she seems to be that kind of girl.
Last edited by Magli on Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

My current server if the one I began playing WoW on. Not counting low level characters I deleted or re-rolled, every single one of my characters have had a faction transfer. I used to be Horde with one Alliance Hunter alt. Yes, Blizz loves me for throwing money at them. I've kept the sexes of all of my characters the same, and keep up to date with my main- I keep her looking as closely to me irl as possible. :lol:

Suicune (main) -Hunter
(Female) Blood Elf --> Draenei

Windracer -Shaman
(Female) Tauren --> Draenei

Absol -DK
(Male) Tauren --> Worgen

Emberphoenix -Mage
(Female) Blood Elf --> Draenei --> Worgen

Iriial -Rogue
(Male) Blood Elf --> Human --> Night Elf --> Worgen

Suikun -Hunter
(Female) Draenei --> Blood Elf

Matawan -Druid
(Male) Tauren --> Worgen

Nuaala -Priest
(Female) Blood Elf --> Worgen

My two other characters are fresh starts, no identity crisis for them! :oops:
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)