The Horde Wolves

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

The Horde Wolves

Post by Acherontia »

Just an idle thought--since we're seeing some new Horde mounts (reward for RBG wins) on PTR, what are the chances the new model will become a wild beast?

I can't see much of them with the armor on, but they look like very well-done models that look a lot more like lions than wolves.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... mounts.jpg

What do you think of the model? Would you like wild ones to turn up, and would you tame them? Which is your favorite color?
Baihu
Realm: Barthilas; Ner'zul

Re: The Horde Wolves

Post by Baihu »

They look like an excellent middle-ground between the old-world wolves and the Northrend Worgs. I'm just wondering how they look with their ears out though.
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Post by erwil »

Absolutely adore the model. I'd be interested to see if their skeleton uses the same animations as the old wolves though. They should really fix that limp. >.<

Top left and Top right are my favourite colors. And I'd love to see them as wild beasts, with armor or without. Wondering if there's going to be a future raid where Blizzard could fit them into?
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Post by Suicune »

Kills me (literally? :lol: ) that I'm nor longer Horde because of these gorgeous mounts, absolutely handsome. My favorite color is the dark grey at the bottom right. I love them all but the colors on that one call out to me. I think they look like updated Dire Wolf models (Worgs). My Old Cliff Jumper wants badly to look like this!! It would make me indescribably happy. Please Blizz, make it happen!
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Drayk
Realm: Velen

Post by Drayk »

I'd really love it if we got an unarmored version tamable.

It's a little hard to tell what they look like without the armor but I think I'd go with the blackish one.
Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Post by Moonlost »

I would be very happy to see these guys tamable, armour or no. Really, I think I could even live with the limp-run with such amazing looking models.
If I had to pick a colour, I'd have to say the light gray on the top left. But I really love all of them. XD They're very fantastic.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Post by Wain »

Drayk wrote:I'd really love it if we got an unarmored version tamable.
It's a little hard to tell what they look like without the armor but I think I'd go with the blackish one.
If you remove the armour in WMV they're mostly there except their ears are missing, and part of their legs.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Post by Yaone »

Top left and bottom right!

They don't really look like the worg model, are they a completely new model? Also, wtb as my pet xD w/o armor!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Post by Acherontia »

Yeah, it's a completely new model, though probably on the same worg skeleton that the Old World and Northrend worgs are on.

That said, I don't like them! I love the amount of detail put into them, and the beautiful resolution etc. They are very well done. But they look like shaggy lions to me, with some canine qualities, so they're not quite my thing. I may like them more out of armor, though!

Suicune, you should totally check out the Alliance version. I don't like them either--except the white one. It has purple, pink and red armor & eyes, and I think it looks quite stunning!

Edit--PS, that face armor--specifically the lower spike--is STRONGLY reminding me of something, but I'm not sure what. Anyone know of anything similar? (And no, it's not the rogue s1 I'm being reminded of :( )
Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Post by Lohuran »

I adore these models, but I'm not a good pvp'er so I know I'll never get a chance at one, myself. :[
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Post by Silivren »

I LOVE top left and bottom left - I dont play anymore but if those were tamable it may coax me :lol:

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Post by Rikaku »

These need to be tamable. Somewhere. I mean with armor... without armor... I DONT CARE. My GOD those are such GORGEOUS models!!!

Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Post by Bodhran »

Rikaku wrote:These need to be tamable. Somewhere. I mean with armor... without armor... I DONT CARE. My GOD those are such GORGEOUS models!!!
^ THIS SOOOOOOOO MUCH! :shock: :o

<-- Can't tell that I love these models can you? ^_^ :headbang:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Post by Pawtrack »

WANT.

A good worg model?! Finally. Even if it looks like a lion, I still really like it. Hopefully there will be a non-armored version somewhere to tame /crosses fingers

Oh, and I don't have WMV but I'd like to see the alliance versions you were talking about.

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Post by Gimlion »

Acherontia wrote: Edit--PS, that face armor--specifically the lower spike--is STRONGLY reminding me of something, but I'm not sure what. Anyone know of anything similar? (And no, it's not the rogue s1 I'm being reminded of :( )
Well, their head armor is the same as Fandrals Cat form. But I also think it reminds me of a Rhino horn, Triceratops horn, or even the dragon mounts...

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Post by Makoes »

I would tame one of these wolves, I am leaning towards bottom right corner, though the top left is nice to. The bottom left reminds me on Link-as-wolf, with the color combo. The spikes reminds me of Slephnier's armor.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Post by Arwyn »

The models are gorgeous. But come on, why can't they have Alliance heads for decoration like the Alliance horse has Horde heads for decoration? It look way cooler than a bunch of skulls.
Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Post by Hesantia »

O.M.G!!!! I would kill to be able to tame the wolves with armor! I love pets that have armor, and I'm sad that there aren't enough out there... although it would be pretty weird to be alliance and have the horde flag on the mount still there as a pet :P But otherwise, DO WANT!

Edit:
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... mounts.jpg
And OMG the alliance ones are ugly!! :( Not that I PvP, but still...
Last edited by Hesantia on Fri May 06, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sig by me ^^

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Post by Gimlion »

I actually like the Horses, not as much as the wolves though. hehe. My favorite ground mounts are still Talbuks or Rams though, aside from the Raven mount...

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Slapperfish

Post by Slapperfish »

Ooh, wooly worgen-worg mounts?

:o