Raven pets?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Raven pets?

Unread post by Rower »

I really would love to have a raven pet:

They were introduced in Cata but are only critters in Gilneas and Stonetalon Mountains. Why don't make them beasts? They would fit in the Carrion Bird family (as seen in the Petopia page).
What do you think? We need more bird variety!
Sookie
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Arthas

Re: Raven pets?

Unread post by Sookie »

I have never been a big fan of birds because the majority of them fly too low to the ground for me, it doesn't seem realistic for me. And this is a reskin of the hilarious seagull model so I don't know if I could get that out of my head enough to keep from laughing when I looked at it :3

That said this definitely falls in the category of pets that seem like it would have been logical for them to be tamable somewhere. Maybe they will add them in a new area?
Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

I've been looking at the ravens and I would LOVE one of them as a pet! I'm a fan of having birds for pets and would certainly tame one if they became tamable!

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

I find they are really cute. I was so disappointed when I saw that the model is only critter. :(
Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

I think they're cute too, I was flying around Stone Talon Mountains and saw a raven come up on track beasts I was really upset when they were just a critter and untamable >:(

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

My husband and I both got excited when MMO-Champion datamined this in beta only to get crushed when it was only a critter. I have hunters that would LOVE to have this as a pet and already had names picked out for them. I even went to Utgarde Keep in Northrend on my level 10s and got Daggercap Hawks to use the names until the ravens become available. I'm hoping they will see posts like this and say, "hey, we have a good thing here. make them tamable"

I know he would agree as he is an avid bird lover in person and tries to collect birds in-game. To the point of me keeping Olm in freeze traps long enough for him to finish getting his main hunter from 47 to 48 and then getting a flightpoint he was missing so he could come tame him. I even had to help hunt down the emerald spirit in Stonetalon right after launch. All good fun though as he's helped with my Skoll and Humar tames. (Humar at the old 25 Elite status at level 25 prior to being a leet hunter and knowing about the freeze trap trick so taking damage on my now 85 hunter I use here)
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I hope those become beasts later on. I'd LOVE to have one.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine