Who says cats are not smart ?

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Who says cats are not smart ?

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I seen this on facebook and thought it was pretty funny. Makes me wonder what else they do when they think your not around.

Barking Cat
Last edited by AdamSavage on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Who says cat's are not smart ?

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Should say "barking cat," btw. That was cute.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
AdamSavage

Re: Who says cat's are not smart ?

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Should say "barking cat," btw. That was cute.
I didn't even realize I forgot the "r" :oops:
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Who says cats are not smart ?

No worries. :) Happens to the best of us. That video was really cute. ^_^ Love how the cat was like "Uh...I totally wasn't barking. >_> Meow."

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
AdamSavage

I was playing with my cat a couple months back and I was amazed how smart she was. I would poke my head out around a corner and then duck back, then I would go do the same thing to a corner. So after me doing this about 3x, my cat got smart. I went to poke my head around the corner and she wasn't there, so I looked behind me and I see her sneaking up behind. Once she realized I seen her, she has this look on her face like "I totally wasn't trying to sneak up on you honest"

Dr. Who Video!

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

I love how the cat can't seem to get the meowing right at first.. xD

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Corpsebryde »

I've spent my entire life around cats and the more I see, the more I'm amazed at just how intelligent they are. They are very good at figuring out what gets a response out of us and what doesn't. For example: my sister's cat would come running whenever we'd get home and call out "Hello!". So, after a few months, I'm sitting at home playing WoW and I hear "Hello!". I start to freak out knowing that no one is home. So I peek out of my room and see the cat just sitting there. Now every time he's lonely and wants attention he shouts "Hello" or "Hi".

My cat has started shouting "Mom" or "Momma" when he wants something. My fiance is amazed at how quick he learns (especially for a 22 year old cat). He's taken to mimicking me during a conversation. Whenever I talk to someone and they tell me an interesting fact I go "Huh"..well, now my cat does the same thing when I talk to him, lol. He can also open doors and turn the sinks on and off when he wants water.

I could go on and on. They really are amazing and highly intelligent animals. It's just a shame that because they aren't as "trainable" as some other animals that they aren't considered to be as intelligent (if not more so).

Avatar by Moonlost; Signature by Sookie
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

BARK BARK BARK BARK!.... Oh wait uh.. Hey there! Meow...meow..just a normal cat :lol:

bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

Corpsebryde u'r cat may be intelligent mine definatly are not... they have developped the habit of knockin g evrything off the table to start meowing every two mins to get out or in the garden.. they haven't even learned over ten years that the only time they get food is at the morning.. they still keep whining for that in the evening *heavy sigh* and i do feed them more then enough
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Thats a hilarious video :lol:

Too bad, my cat is the kind that is like "Leave me alone I want to nap, no I don't want to catch the string." then of course when we play with my dog he's all "What, you're playing with him and not me?!" :roll:

He rarely does anything interesting :( not that I don't love him though hehe

Leirudan
Realm: Rexxar
Location: Kinslayer House.. scratching out more comics for the demanding guildies. -.-

Unread post by Leirudan »

This cracks me up, cause my cat was raised with my two dogs, so she thinks she's a dog. She barks at the window all the time. >.>
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Cats are smart, but not cooperative :)

I've heard that they estimate that many cats recognize and at least to some degree understand several hundred human words -- I can certainly believe it with mine (I have five).
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

My cat will often answer me when I say "What are you doing?" And she always knows when my bf calls me because she gets jealous and tries to force my attention on to her, and whenever I start squeeing over something being cute or a successful pet tame, she runs over and forces herself in my lap for attention as well. For such a clutzy, ditzy cat, she can be fairly smart at times.

[/center]