Bye pretty kitty.... Let us meet again soon!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
RandiMoonsong
Realm: Llane

Bye pretty kitty.... Let us meet again soon!

Unread post by RandiMoonsong »

Me and another hunter have been camping together for Magria for a few days now...

I got to her first. But the bloodelf hunter tore her away and proceeded to tame the pretty kitty in front of me, and then had the nerve to be all "NO! Not gonna happen" in emotes. I tried to pull kitty back to me... but I failed... so now I am kitty-less, and back to waiting hours upon hours to find her again. T.T

Thanks, nameless BElf.... I thought you'd be a bit nicer than all the jerks out there. Congrats on your tame.

...Guess I should go sleep for a few hours so I can be awake for her next spawn time... and pray that its Magria again and not Anhka. V.V

Edit:
Anhka spawned for me... and I got her! (Screenshot in my post about her tame below).

Thanks guys. You are really awesome. :hug:
Last edited by RandiMoonsong on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Re: Wow... Bye pretty kitty....

Unread post by Kurenio »

It'll be alright she will spawn again. /pat

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*huggles* :(

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

RandiMoonsong

Thank you. *hugs*

I know she'll spawn again sometime... but... I'm sick of sleepless nights waiting up for a chance at her. It'll be worth it in the end, I know it. She's the only pet of this patch I really want. :)
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

There was some post saying that made it so that Distracting shot or taunt won't work on them so that's a plus. I just wish they became unattackable by anyone once someone started to tame.

And you'll get her long before I will considering my account is still inactive.
RandiMoonsong

That might explain why I couldn't pull her back to me. Thanks for the heads up.

And don't worry about not getting her first... more time that goes by, less competition! :)
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

I can't believe how our own class are acting towards one another. I once had a nelf hunter sit next to Deth's spawn with me and when I talked to an alliance friend and asked if the nelf could kindly move away.. he said something like ''I'm stealing this horde's pet'' :S
everyone's coming out of the woodworks now.

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Yeah I personally want Skarr, from the first day I saw that cat I've wanted it as a pet. So by the time I get on everyone else will have him and I'll get my kitty easier.
RandiMoonsong

Skarr looks awesome. I hope you have good luck in getting him.

I know what you mean, I've heard so many horror stories... I don't understand why hunters feel the need to be so nasty to one another.

If she hadn't been all in my face about not taming it because she had been waiting for it and "deserved" it.... I gladly would have stepped aside without contest. It just hurt that she had to be so mean, after I meant no harm this entire time of camping.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

GROUP HUG! :hug:

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I've only ever once in my life stole a tame from another hunter. That huntered started to steal it from a guildie heres the tale:

So I'm on my way to help a guildie pick frenzy heart or orcale for dailies over there. When she goes in vent OMG Loque just spawned. So she dismounts start to tame and out of no where (luckily I was close by) comes a night elf hunter. Now my friend was flagged from just glancing over the WG zone so the night elf takes her out. I land to take the night elf out to protect the tame for my guildie who then says I can have the tame if I help her get Skoll so I agreed (now I wish I had skoll cuase well he's cooler.) But I get the tame and that's it the night elf comes back and tires to jump me I end up killing her off again (thank goodness I was in pvp gear other wise I wouldn't have and that night else was a horrible hunter).
Echo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Echo »

Just for the record the hunter Randi is talking about is me...and imo I didn't steal anything I had been waiting there all afternoon and all day yesterday up til 2am..yes Randi was there but he came on after me..even today I didn't see him all after noon up until about an hour before Magria spawned..if you were around before Randi and I didn't see you I sincerely apologize I'm not the kind of hunter who goes around stealing other hunters tames I'm not that kind of person.

Good luck in your future tames and once again I'm really sorry.

1 TLPD-Oct 16th 2011 (63 days of camping)
RandiMoonsong

Thank you very much for the apology. I'm extremely sorry too, and I'm glad you got her in the end. I hope I didn't offend you by posting about this. I know it seemed like I showed up out of nowhere; I was camping from 2 am until servers shut down for restarts, took a break and popped back on for after the restarts. Three days of all nighters have taken their toll on me, I'm afraid. ^.^;;

I will have another chance, and I'll be ready for her.

Thanks again for responding, I appreciate it. I am truly sorry for my behavior, and I hope you'll forgive me as well.

Echo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Echo »

RandiMoonsong wrote:Thank you very much for the apology. I'm extremely sorry too, and I'm glad you got her in the end. I hope I didn't offend you by posting about this. I know it seemed like I showed up out of nowhere; I was camping from 2 am until servers shut down for restarts, took a break and popped back on for after the restarts. Three days of all nighters have taken their toll on me, I'm afraid. ^.^;;

I will have another chance, and I'll be ready for her.

Thanks again for responding, I appreciate it. I am truly sorry for my behavior, and I hope you'll forgive me as well.

Thank you I appreciate your response as well. and thank you for your apology..all is good between us no worries :)
:hug:

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Aww, I'm sorry that happened to you! Here's to your incredible, off-the-charts, infitesimal luck on catching her the next time you see her.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Aww. It's always hard to see someone else tame something you've been looking for yourself-especially when you know they've been looking just as long.

You two should just move over to Garona.

The white one was up for about 20 mins today for us. In general chat there were people announcing she was up and nobody was around to tame her! I already had her but I did sit around and watch and chat with people. It took awhile before someone who wanted to tame finally came up-and by then she had about 10-15 people hovering around-most of them not hunters, killing/kiting the other mobs in the area so she could tame without a hitch. O_o

There are some happy stories out there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get her Randi. Good luck.
RandiMoonsong

Thanks for all the support guys. :hug:

It's been just about 12 hours since she spawned last. I'm hoping to see Magria or Anhka show up soon... I'm so exhausted. There's also an Orc and Night Elf hunter who have been here for the past several hours in the same spot as me... I'm really hoping for a successful tame this time around.

Patience and persistence. Eventually that kitty will be mine. :D

Vignax
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nazjatar

Unread post by Vignax »

Shade wrote:Aww. It's always hard to see someone else tame something you've been looking for yourself-especially when you know they've been looking just as long.

You two should just move over to Garona.

The white one was up for about 20 mins today for us. In general chat there were people announcing she was up and nobody was around to tame her! I already had her but I did sit around and watch and chat with people. It took awhile before someone who wanted to tame finally came up-and by then she had about 10-15 people hovering around-most of them not hunters, killing/kiting the other mobs in the area so she could tame without a hitch. O_o

There are some happy stories out there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get her Randi. Good luck.
O_o sounds like an awesome realm lol, and goodluck Randi! ^^

RandiMoonsong

Re: Bye pretty kitty.... Let us meet again soon!

O.O ....heart failure. Absolute heart failure. I tamed Anhka. No screenshots yet.... too panicked, and now I need to get her out of stealth... and name her. The NightElf that had been hanging around with me literally all night didn't move, and the Orc left hours ago... the tame went perfectly, without a hitch at all.

Now, to go back later for Magria. I will get her. :D

Thanks again for all the encouragement. I couldn't have gotten this far without you guys. :hug:

Edit:
Screenshot of me and my new pretty kitty.

Okay, so of the three with this model, I was only going to keep Magria... but now that I own both Gondria and Anhka... I think I'll have to hold on to the trio of them (once Magria joins me). :D

Echo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Bye pretty kitty.... Let us meet again soon!

Unread post by Echo »

RandiMoonsong wrote:O.O ....heart failure. Absolute heart failure. I tamed Anhka. No screenshots yet.... too panicked, and now I need to get her out of stealth... and name her. The NightElf that had been hanging around with me literally all night didn't move, and the Orc left hours ago... the tame went perfectly, without a hitch at all.

Now, to go back later for Magria. I will get her. :D

Thanks again for all the encouragement. I couldn't have gotten this far without you guys. :hug:

Edit:
Screenshot of me and my new pretty kitty.

Okay, so of the three with this model, I was only going to keep Magria... but now that I own both Gondria and Anhka... I think I'll have to hold on to the trio of them (once Magria joins me). :D
YAY!! I'm happy you got Ahnka! congrats!! I'm sure Magria will spawn soon for you! :) Good luck!!