I had given up on him.....

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

I had given up on him.....

Unread post by Chimera »

And now i have him!!!!

I had him taken twice, and i helped a friend with one (he found kirix before me and he helped me get Ban'thalos so only fair), and now, for the 4th time, hes mineeeee! I had given up entirely and focused on hoping for Cinderweb Broodlings and a fellow hunter told me he was up, i rushed over there (i have 109k health btw, i was told 120k was ideal) and i changed to Aspect of the Wild, ate a food haste (Basilisk Liverdog), elixir (Elixir of Mighty Speed), corehound, and began.

Arcane shot once, disengaged when he threw me into the air, deterrenced and popped a potion of speed (the old WotLK potion, 500 haste for 15secs), then began the tame and then halfway through i die... FAK *run back and res* k, time to call out my Coreho-- wait.. i dont have a pet spider... wth *summon the spider* OMG ITS KIRIX :D Im still shaking its so damned epic, like omg i feel so friggin awesome right now, i thank you fellow hunter with all the thanks i could ever have for helping me get this devious creature who loves to torment people with his poisonous epicness <3

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Realm: Dentarg

Re: I had given up on him.....

Unread post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

I want to see this disengage method in action. Just sounds interesting. I used the method where I stand on a rock and he evades.
Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moonguard

Unread post by Jatbirkkal »

It really is a very entertaining method, you need to have good timing. I tamed with just Corehound Ancient Hysteria, worked fine. Of course, I died once due to me not timing it right, but it worked much better than the rock method had for me. Grats on your spider, by the way :3

Thanks to Vephriel for this awsome sig

"One day, this Hydra WILL be mine! I hope"- Me, before hydras were tameable.

This lovely Shale Spider used as my Avatar is made by Lupis <3
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Congrats!!

I actually prefer the disengage method, less chance of evading and really is more fun. I like the whole in your face kind of thing. Its not that easy but once you learn it and do it right it feels extremely satisfying. I managed somehow to do it with 106k health and no haste buffs... heck if I know how. Really helped on the ptr.. freak ate my face so many times oh and watching kalli get pwned again and again to helped great :lol:

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Yea i used the rock over a dozen times when i saw him for the 3rd time evaded almost every single time :( Kalli told me how to get him without using the rocks and she told me the exact method that the hunter who helped me out told me (so it was kinda imbeded in my head so i guess i got the timing right cause of that ^-^)

Im gonna name him Torment, cause hes aaaaaaallllllwaaaayyyys tormenting people and laughing at them everytime they die, specially when you see skeletons littered all over his patrol route xD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I got mine through a kind of unorthodox method I guess. I stood on the ledge of the island and tamed from there. >> Grats. :D Green spiders are awesome.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

Evading is just way too risky. I watched 3 or 4 hunters trying that, they were all failing, that was how I got mine.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

In fairness, I had more haste than Charlie Sheen after a weekend bender. :3
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Sakiki
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Sakiki »

LOL grats