Strange tame...

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Strange tame...

Unread post by Sarantha »

I came across this little thing while flying through Duskwood. I immediately fell in love with her colors and just had to tame her. I never considered lowbie vanilla rares attractive, but I really like this spider.

Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Strange tame...

Unread post by Lupis »

Love that spider! Wow, refreshing to see a non-SB, non-Molten Front tame story, as heartless as that sounds. >.< But it's so nice to see old world rares getting some love.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

It would have appealed to me to tame non WOTLK/Cata rares before, but we had to lvl them. I really didn't want to lvl something from lvl 12 to lvl 70. It was a pain. Now that they automatically hit max lvl, I'm finding new friends everywhere.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Happyhooves
Realm: Thunderhorn

Unread post by Happyhooves »

Some of the old pets are actually nice to go back to after all the new exotic ones. I like the jungle spiders a lot, they have pretty patterns on their butts. :3
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Naraxis is one of those vanilla rares that I personally didn't know of, much less have any affection for, until I came here. Always nice to see him with another loving home. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Im terrified of the vanilla spiders so i wont be taming em anytime soon but........ ive been having this thing with the snakes..... and owls, and bears. While i was in Dun Morogh i was randomly flying around and i spot Bjarn, so i go say hi and i see the grey bears and im like oooOoOoOOoooooo *tame* and now i have Zuju <3 I was checking up on Time-Lost, i had gone afk so i kept flying straight (from tundra) and ended up near the green dragonshrine, and i was like hmmmmm *pop into the shrine and tame an owl* yay DreamingJade! And as for the snakes...... i want to tame a white, blue, brown, green, and ruby lol

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I hope this post didn't go against the rules. I know he's not a new rare, but he was a rare I really wanted to show off because I thought he looked cool. You can delete it if its in the wrong spot, mod.

Those vanilla spiders do have awesome patterns, though, and need some love. Make a forum where we can post pics of old tames, maybe?
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Eee, Naraxis, I absolutely adore her! She was the very first spider I ever tamed and she helped me discover how much I love spiders in the game. Congrats!
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I didn't see any rule that tames had to meet any Coolness Bar in order to be posted here, Sarantha! It's a place to post about tames you want to talk about, not just about bragging about how hard it was.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah, Nara just came to me easily once I found her. I guess its okay to post it here. I have an old wolf I'd like to show off too that I tamed last night. He's a WOTLK wolf though. He doesn't meet my OWN coolness factor, but I like him.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Morven »

I really do need to add a wolf to my stables; never found one I liked enough.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I suggest Skoll if you want a spirit beast or the lone hunter if you don't. Any wolf with a sword sticking out of his head is likable in my books.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Morven »

I'm not sure I want the sword — I think it looks odd, and I'm not sure I'd have the patience for getting the death-at-the-moment-of-tame thing down -- but the ghostliness would be nice, especially since it'd go with my ghostsaber Anevka, still my favorite pet of all time.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Psst. Not a mod. And this is in the correct forum. ;) It just doesn't feel like it sometimes after a new patch when most taming stories involve the new tamables. :lol: But yes, really, this is the correct place. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!