EEeeeeeeek! EEEEEEEEKKKKKK! ANTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

EEeeeeeeek! EEEEEEEEKKKKKK! ANTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by Qinni »

I just woke up to find a spider on my face! A big huge tan-ish brown one! (Like a black widow but brown, no it wasn't a male one, it was HUUUGE!)

Like the sissy I am I jumped out of bed and started to whack it and spray it wit anything in sight. Sorry to the spider lovers but really, it was on my face going to nom me! This is why I hate spiders or any BIG bug in the first place. *cough* Since I can't sleep now...has something like this ever happen to you? Or something somewhat similar?

This one was hiding in my sketch book...

Last edited by Qinni on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Re: EEeeeeeeek!

Unread post by Cerele »

Qinni wrote:

I just woke up to find a spider on my face! A big huge tan-ish brown one! (Like a black widow but brown, no it wasn't a male one, it was HUUUGE!)

Like the sissy I am I jumped out of bed and started to whack it and spray it wit anything in sight. Sorry to the spider lovers but really, it was on my face going to nom me! This is why I hate spiders or any BIG bug in the first place. *cough* Since I can't sleep now...has something like this ever happen to you? Or something somewhat similar?

i have a pet spider in my room, i often watch her as she spins her web in the corner, this happens often and im afraid one day ill eat her =/ but meh just a spider

signature thanks to Kurieno
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Just a spider?! One bite can leave a creator in your skin that can go a couple millimeters deep! D: Spiders are evil little monsters!

*might have a phobia with spiders*
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Meh, I love spiders. They eat all those nasty pesky flies that like to slip into my house. I hate spider webs though... Just kinda gross to touch/walk into.

And for a similar story, I didn't wake up to a spider on my face, but I did wake up with my pet rat on my face once... My sister was playing with him, and he lives in my room, so she of course doesn't mind if she doesn't fully shut the cage... At least I didn't get any... uhh 'waste' on me...

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I HATE SPIDERS!§!.. Soo aracnophobic in RL that i accually shakes and starts to cry if i see a big one. I have been in therapi so i can handle the smaller spiders, but as soon as they grow big (according to my husband the onces i think are big aren´t big ;P) i run away. Still working in it, but it does help to live on the second floor in a huge city; less spiders and other bugs here (or so i keep telling myself; and i dont see as many when i clean the house as i used to when we lived in the countryside)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Qinni wrote:Just a spider?! One bite can leave a creator in your skin that can go a couple millimeters deep! D: Spiders are evil little monsters!

*might have a phobia with spiders*
dogs can rip your throat out then devour your carcass, Just because something can doesnt mean it will. lol and they arent evil they dont understand the difference between evil and good.

signature thanks to Kurieno
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

I had two baby brown recluse spiders bite me in the back when I slept, I was half awake-half asleep and I scooted backwards to get higher up in my bed when I felt a little stabby pain and swept my hand over the bed and looked at the floor and there were two baby ones D: I had to smash them, for science. Just in case I needed to have a spider to be able to identify. Otherwise I don't really smoosh em unless they're too close to me or my dogs.

Kirsten
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Kirsten »

Recluse spiders are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery dangerous spiders to have in your house. You need to bomb your house, for real. If you have babies on your neck, there are adults, and adults can without a doubt, kill you if they bite you.

If they don't kill you, they'll leave you in a lot of unmanageable pain. If you get on your neck, then @_@..
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I love jumping spiders, their big eyes are adorable!
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Kirsten wrote:Recluse spiders are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery dangerous spiders to have in your house. You need to bomb your house, for real. If you have babies on your neck, there are adults, and adults can without a doubt, kill you if they bite you.

If they don't kill you, they'll leave you in a lot of unmanageable pain. If you get on your neck, then @_@..
Eehh! I doubt it was a Recluse spider...I don't recall seeing one in southern California. Maybe it was just a male black window or just a spider that happened to be brown. My phobia tends to blow everything out of per portion sometimes. I do see black widows often and shake my clothes and socks to make sure none are hiding.

Oh god...I have seen Recluse bites and they look horrible! I never been bitten by any spider yet but that because they never live long enough to bite me.

Now I want to put posion all around my home to make sure the spiders are dead! *cries* WHAT DO I DO! *panics*
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Okay I did a google and found out Recluse are around where I live...*panics more*

But if I remember correctly this spider was small, a little bigger then a penny and it was very light brown to almost transparent....ring any bells?

*right now my bf is laughing at me for freaking over a tiny spider*
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Moore »

Kirsten wrote:Recluse spiders are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery dangerous spiders to have in your house. You need to bomb your house, for real. If you have babies on your neck, there are adults, and adults can without a doubt, kill you if they bite you.

According to wikipedia, there aren't chemicals readily available anymore that kill them they in fact will make them more aggressive. (From the brown recluse wikipedia). Also isn't the warning for bugs normally like 'the elderly/young with lower immune systems' are the ones more likely to actually get the worse-end of the symptoms? I know that's what they say about my pet scorpion D:

I also found this:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=97804&page=1

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I don't mind spiders to much, I just don't like them in my room or on my face.. I would freak out to find a spider on my face..
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

The horror. I hate spiders and bugs. ALL of them. Even butterflies scare me when they get very close to me. I can't imagine waking up with one on me though. Damn that would be terrible. I get scared even when they are separated from me by distance and or cages/tanks/whatever people keep spiders in. My arachnophobia is so bad even pictures of spiders scare me sometimes.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Moore »

On the topic of bugs, I just shoo'd a huge wasp out my door D: He was like almost two inches long, I say he because I looked at his stinger as I was shooing him and didn't see a stinger come out so I figured he was probably male. Luckily that cap from my highschool graduation is useable for something.

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

GormanGhaste wrote:I love jumping spiders, their big eyes are adorable!
*rocks in a corner like a little baby rofl* jumping spiders are the scariest spider up where i live that ive ever come across (well other then my pet baby wolf spider that i caught and gave some other spider buddies which he apperently ate... yea i freaked bad......... and also the time when i was playing hide n seek with my mom and there was this spider the size of my fist with long skinny claw like legs staring at me. Oh god did mom and i flip out, my stepdad came to our rescue though and BBQ'd it)

Edit: Looked up wolf spiders and recluses, i can def say it was an adult wolf spider

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I like spiders and go to various lengths to save/rescue them from my cats. I also live where we have tarantulas (which although having fangs as long as your fingernail, are FAR more likely to shed on you instead... which is kinda worse since you get covered with this horrible fiberglass-like fuzz that WILL NOT COME OFF) but also recluses, black widows, oh and...

Giant crab spiders.
(they're harmless but MAN LOOKIT THEM THANGS)

Of course... we also have these...

LOOK AT THE PINCERS ON THAT THING. LOOK AT THEM. They're made for biting through palo verde roots... which you can't cut with a band saw. Now think of what those suckers could do to your hand.

evil.
gimme the damn spiders any day.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Eeeyeehhhh... get checked to make sure it wasn't actually an Aliens facehugger.....

I don't care if spiders eat other pests. So do dragonflies and bats, but those guys lack the squick factor spiders have.

If it comes down to it I'll take the mosquitos, thx.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

I think this was my spider or if not this was the color of it at lest. Was looking at pictures of spider commonly found in Cali.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

That looks like a common orb weaver. They're harmless. (And make those pretty disk-shaped webs!)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket