Madexx, where are you?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rhyku
Realm: Skywall

Madexx, where are you?

Unread post by Rhyku »

Ive been in uldum now for about 2 days on and off.... looking for madexx (red) and havent seen or heard ANYTHING..... how long is this guys timer? seriously? I had the brown and black models til they became "common". I really want the red model... have since i first saw madexx on petopia. Any info on this bugger would be greatly apprciated. Also, I'm currently logged in on Elune on my Hunter; Rhyku.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Madexx, where are you?

Unread post by Lisaara »

His timer is VERY sporradic. It's 6 - 24 hrs and he has 5 colors so either you gotta camp him or hope you get lucky.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

In all honesty, I would recommend against camping him. All it does is cause most people to fall into a downward spiral of insanity. Try casual fly-bys in odd hours, if you can. Perhaps before you go to work/school, something like that. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Seconding that advice: don't camp him. It's not worth it. Your sanity will disintegrate and blow away like so many grains of sand, and then you might actually start counting grains of sand out in Uldum and you'll be so distracted by your 20,365,255,481 grains of sand that you'll miss Madexx completely and you'll start chewing on your armor and it's just too much trouble. Do flybys, or dungeons, or something. Don't just sit out there. I'm not saying he won't spawn and he won't be red..but you're going for a 1 in 5 shot on an absurd spawn timer. Your sanity and will to live is not worth a red scorpid. ;P

That said, I wish you the best of luck if you do decide to camp anyway. May he spawn in the color you want as soon as he can. :)

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Rhyku
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by Rhyku »

thanks. I'll do that.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Rhyela wrote:In all honesty, I would recommend against camping him. All it does is cause most people to fall into a downward spiral of insanity. Try casual fly-bys in odd hours, if you can. Perhaps before you go to work/school, something like that. :)
Yes...so very much yes. At least, unless you weren't sane to begin with. Then stare at sand all you want. I totally did that for 7 months for blue Madexx. My blue spawned totally off-timer. Usually its 6-8-12-24 hour timers, but when I finally got blue, he spawned well before even hitting the 6 hour mark of the last Madexx spawn. Perhaps LITERALLY random spawn timer? I don't know.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Melentari »

I've chosen the red Madexx skin for my bughunter. It's going to be an interesting effort to get that one.

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Rhyela wrote:In all honesty, I would recommend against camping him. All it does is cause most people to fall into a downward spiral of insanity. .... :)
Why... I have never heard of such nonsense! I never went insane! Much...

On a completely related note... I camped Green Madexx for about 11-12 weeks only leaving to get Olm and only do that after Madexx had spawned and was either tamed or killed. When I say camping... I mean CAMPING... The PC was on and WoW was always up and running and 75% of the time I was in Uldum flying in circles... NPCScan took care of me most of the time when I had to get up to do something... having a 4 year old is fun sometimes... other times... not so much.

I ended up rehoming a few, killing a few when no one was on that i could find to take him, and taming the rest... all to get a spawn timer.
The shortest spawn timer I recorded was 5.5hrs, and I can't honestly give you a concrete longest timer because I might have missed him at some point but I would normally see him anywhere between 5.5hrs and 24hrs (but he could have technically spawned once within that 24hr timer and still spawned again around the 24hr mark.)

I ended up throwing away the sheet of paper that I had all of the ones I had seen over the course of me looking, but I had only seen one green... ironically enough it was my second one seeing... and a rogue got a jump on him before I could get to him... he wouldn't quit hitting him because he thought it dropped a mount at the time... never saw him afterwards... Oh... I heard stories of him spawning while I slept and freinds or fellow hunters were able to nab him...

Want some fun reading? Look at http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9302 I swear I don't go all out insane in that post. It is my "diary I started to make an account of everytime I saw Madexx and what times and colors. the whole thing took place between Dec, 2010 and April 2011.

Now I am going to just try and do fly-overs every now and then and maybe even wait it out til next expansion and hopefully people will abandon Uldum like they normally do after a new xpac gets released. (and yes... I just resubscribed to WoW about two days ago... in the process of opening up the Molten Front for obvious reason... gotta have some sort of hobby... right? RIGHT?! :P

Hope your luck is better than mine was.

Good luck.
Pent
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"