The pokemon story(it srsly makes you go wtf)

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

The pokemon story(it srsly makes you go wtf)

Unread post by Kurenio »

When you think about it the original story of pokemon was that you were a pokemon trainer first (at the age of 10), and later you either became a pokemon master trainer or a pokemon researcher. Quickly other things were added like a pokemon breeder, nurse (though only 1 family seems to ever go this route go joy!), pokemon officer(jenny), pokemon gangs, pokemon coordinators, etc. I could go on forever listing how things expanded, but it always started out as trainer.

These trainers were to travel in an attempt to collect gym badges in hopes to one day compete in the pokemon league. This is the first wtf moment. In ever pokemon game there are only 8 badge and gyms. In the anime only 8 icknowlegded gyms. Yet there were 27 official badges in the kanto region alone, and at least 10 badges in each. Why don't these gyms, and cities that they are in ever appear anywhere on any map at any time? At least the anime shows several towns and cities that aren't in the games themselves.

The second is derp moment when thinking about pokemon "lore" is why are all these new trainers defeating gym leaders? I mean gym leaders are suppose to be top trainers only second to the elite four of the region and the champion of the region. They also would've have trained a lot longer with their pokemon so they should be pushing level 100 if not already there (yes they do refer to levels in the anime). While I understand some trainers have to beat them so there can even be a pokemon league tournament shouldn't a trainer have to reach gym leader status power in order to beat a gym leader? Hell ash is the honest exception because half of the original kanto badges were just handed to them he never really earned them. Either way he still place in the top 100 in the indigo league. So you are telling me that this new trainer (in under a years time) some how trained his team enough to be able to effectively compete in the pokemon league which is suppose to be the cream of the crop?

The third derp moment is why does ash's pikachu seem to revert to level 5 everytime he enters a new region yet it keeps it's high level moves? I mean early on in every generation pikachu loses to a pokemon that could not be over level 20 at the time of the battle.

The forth derp moment.... HOW IN THE WORLD IS ASH STILL 10 YEARS OLD?!?!?!? are you telling me that over the course of less then a year he has traveled 5 regions competed in 5 leagues and is now traveling a 6th region and hes not even 11 yet?! I want his time machine and I want it now!

The fifth derp moment.... why when going to the unova region did ash forget how to "catch a pokemon properly".

The Sixth derp moment... Somewhere along the line of the fifth gen it somehow became ok for a trainer to have more then 6 pokemon with him at a time(the other pokeballs were just inactive). I swear the guy has 8 pokemon on him right now (episode 40 of unova). Normally when a trainer was to catch a pokemon that would make him have over 6 pokemon that pokeball was teleported to the storage system automatically. Lets see he used that rock(roggenrolla is the english name I think) thing, snivy, oshawatt, tepig, pikachu, hatobo (don't remember english name), and Scraggy. That is 7 right there. I haven't seen the eight yet(it hasn't been out of the pokeball since he caught it).

probably a lot more derp moments in the pokemon story that makes you go wtf, but honestly I don't feel that going over the x amount of years pokemon has been around to find them all(yep started thinking about this when I decided to watch the 5th gen since snivy stole my heart....).

Well I think I've been up to long going to bed.
Last edited by Kurenio on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: The pokemon story(it srsly makes you go wtf)

Unread post by Lupis »

The biggest DERP I see (other than the weak gym masters) is Pikachu in general. xD Somehow Pikachu, after how many seasons, still isn't top evolution. Wtf? And somehow he manages to be stronger than *every other Pokemon out there*, even the Legendaries. How… That Pikachu is a mutant.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:The biggest DERP I see (other than the weak gym masters) is Pikachu in general. xD Somehow Pikachu, after how many seasons, still isn't top evolution. Wtf? And somehow he manages to be stronger than *every other Pokemon out there*, even the Legendaries. How… That Pikachu is a mutant.
In the episode where we got to see all the Eevee evolutions together and the 3 brothers were trying to force their little brother to evolve his Eevee into their choices (that episode i fell in love with Vaporeons <33), Ash (and/or other people, i know the thought was mentioned), contemplated evolving Pikachu but Pikachu wanted nothing to do with the Thunderstone and wholly refused the idea of evolving into a Raichu and thats why he remains as such :3

My greatest confusion is how he managed to beat the crap outta a Cubone.. like, ive seen the episode a few times over and its still confusing.. Cubone shoulda easily won, its owner is only a couple years younger then Ash (i wish i watched the anime more, theres probably like 20+ episodes i could go on about but i can only remember a few lol)

And Ash DOES NOT LOOK 10 YEARS OLD >< its so weeeeeiiiird, hes 10 but he looks like hes 14 or 15.... and why would you let your kid run off in a world where wild pokemon are like a thousand times more common to encounter and deadly then wild animals when they're that young... /facepalm XD

Pokemon in a whole is a WTF but i love it anyways <3

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:The biggest DERP I see (other than the weak gym masters) is Pikachu in general. xD Somehow Pikachu, after how many seasons, still isn't top evolution. Wtf? And somehow he manages to be stronger than *every other Pokemon out there*, even the Legendaries. How… That Pikachu is a mutant.
In the episode where we got to see all the Eevee evolutions together and the 3 brothers were trying to force their little brother to evolve his Eevee into their choices (that episode i fell in love with Vaporeons <33), Ash (and/or other people, i know the thought was mentioned), contemplated evolving Pikachu but Pikachu wanted nothing to do with the Thunderstone and wholly refused the idea of evolving into a Raichu and thats why he remains as such :3

My greatest confusion is how he managed to beat the crap outta a Cubone.. like, ive seen the episode a few times over and its still confusing.. Cubone shoulda easily won, its owner is only a couple years younger then Ash (i wish i watched the anime more, theres probably like 20+ episodes i could go on about but i can only remember a few lol)

And Ash DOES NOT LOOK 10 YEARS OLD >< its so weeeeeiiiird, hes 10 but he looks like hes 14 or 15.... and why would you let your kid run off in a world where wild pokemon are like a thousand times more common to encounter and deadly then wild animals when they're that young... /facepalm XD

Pokemon in a whole is a WTF but i love it anyways <3
Actually that wasnt the first time he refused. That episode came later.

The episode where it showed Pikachu refusing for the first time was "Thundershock Showdown" when Ash went against Lt. Surge. It's my favorite episode.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Pickachu is one of the most broken characters in any cartoon ever. I'ts like lvl 100 by now.

Parents in that world are idiots they let their little kids go on adventures in a world full of animals that could easly kill them. I can't count how many times ash got soaked in water and then thundershocked! He should be dead from that!

Allso the girls wtf is with them May is ment to be ten yet she does not act like a ten year old, Dawn's the same age as May and has the same deal and Mistys the same. WHY ARE THEY ALL 10 YEARS OLD?

Allso Team rocket are the worst villans in a show. Yeah I know there for comedy but the same thing in every eppisode? Even kids get sick of that! That's just bad writeing.

Only cool guy is brock.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Jessibelle wrote: Actually that wasnt the first time he refused. That episode came later.

The episode where it showed Pikachu refusing for the first time was "Thundershock Showdown" when Ash went against Lt. Surge. It's my favorite episode.
Yep this is why pikachu refuses to evolve into a raichu. He didn't want to gain power through evolving, and wanted to prove that he could be just as strong as his evolved form.
Allso the girls wtf is with them May is ment to be ten yet she does not act like a ten year old, Dawn's the same age as May and has the same deal and Mistys the same. WHY ARE THEY ALL 10 YEARS OLD?

Allso Team rocket are the worst villans in a show. Yeah I know there for comedy but the same thing in every eppisode? Even kids get sick of that! That's just bad writeing.
Yep apparently misty is a 10 year old gym leader, May is a 10 year old top coordinator (well came in second I beleive), and dawn well.... I don't even remember what she wanted to be.... it was a coordinator 2 right? All but Iris looked like they were older... hell I think dawn and may had a/b cups (girls must grow up faster there). Actually in the gen 5 shows team rocket become pretty bad ass succededing in everything they do.... until ash gets involved then they lose. So massive criminal organization with many people at it's disposal > 10 year old poke with a pikachu apparently.
Last edited by Kurenio on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Ahhha, i never saw that episode (wish i did tho, i loves raichu)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Man seeing as how powerful he is now think how strong he would be if he evolved?
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Guys, I have a very simple answer for all the WTF's: It's Japanese.

Pretty much everything of Japanese origins has several major WTF moments. Trust me, I'm a fourth Japanese, and for a time spent a long period of time with my full Japanese Grandmother, every show Japan makes is off it's rocker.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

You mean like how digimon can talk without moving their mouths? XD You can put that down as japan wtfery or lazyness lol
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I have a lot peeves about Ash in the Anime. Pikachu, of course, being the main one. >.> I know that both Pikachu and Bulbasaur both refused to be evolve, but I've seen several of his other Pre-evolved Pokemon show no signs of evolving at all. Of course his only fully evolved Water type (Kingler) wasn't even part of his main team. Heck he was barely seen. I don't think he's ever had a fully evolved team...

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

He lets all his fully evolved ones go lol XD
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

cowmuflage wrote:You mean like how digimon can talk without moving their mouths? XD You can put that down as japan wtfery or lazyness lol
That's mostly from either the dub putting in lines where there weren't any in the original, or the character either doesn't HAVE a mouth to move/mouth CAN'T move, or they do the whole "I'mma use telepathy!" thing like some Pokemon do. There are some odd cases, but for the most part, it can be explained by what I just mentioned.

Anyway.. Yeah, the Pokemon anime is odd. But like Gimlion said.. It's a Japanese show. Of COURSE there's gonna be odd things. Not to mention, yes, kids leaving home at ten is odd for US, but it's fairly obvious that the Pokemon world is FAR different than ours, meaning that there, it's totally fine.

Also, I don't get the complaints on Pokemon not evolving. So what if they don't evolve? The anime is a LOT different from the games in that non-evolved Pokemon can be just as strong, if not stronger, than evolved one. It's pretty common knowledge that the anime doesn't follow the rules of the games.

Though, honestly, I think it's somewhat dumb to put so much effort and thought into the Pokemon anime. It's kind of accepted by the majority of the fandom that the anime is just plain stupid. It's why I never watch it XD
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

It still can be classed as lazyness in the animators part. Then again the show's not knowen for good animation XD like most kid based animes.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Aleu wrote:I have a lot peeves about Ash in the Anime. Pikachu, of course, being the main one. >.> I know that both Pikachu and Bulbasaur both refused to be evolve, but I've seen several of his other Pre-evolved Pokemon show no signs of evolving at all. Of course his only fully evolved Water type (Kingler) wasn't even part of his main team. Heck he was barely seen. I don't think he's ever had a fully evolved team...
Thats because in each gen he wanted to start all over again with just pikachu. So any of his pokemon then stay with oak. The only time this was broken I believe was during the sinnoh league where ash brought out his previous pokemon. That is when his cyndaquil evolved into quilava.
cowmuflage wrote:He lets all his fully evolved ones go lol XD
This....

Chizard he let go to train (yet somehow when he wants to use charizard the damn thing flys from charicific valley to wherever the hell he is.... I mean how the hell does charizard know these things).

Pidgeot he never really let go.... while he was on a trip to johto to pick up something for oak he left it to protect some pidgeotto and pidgeys promising to return for him when he came back (I think now ash has officially abandon pidgeot).

Butterfree he let go to mate (saddest episode of pokemon ever beside goodbye pikachu).

Am I missing anything?

Oh ya... Togepi... was technically his pokemon. He found the egg.... He then won the contest for who would be togepi's trainer, but due to it being attached to misty he let her have togepi.

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

I know I'll be ignored anyway but I'll say my own opinion. If I come off as being angry or anything I did not mean to come out as so.

But first are you comparing a game that actually has almost zero story to a anime that has nothing to do with the game? Tell me one animation/comic/game combo that actually stayed on being loyal to some the original.
Actually they started to build some kind of story in the current game season, Pokemon Best Wishes has actually maybe the best story. I mean Jessie and James are FINALLY evil, no longer the comedy relief. Kudos to the storywriters for actually trying something new on the story.

Now let me review something neat about Ash: he has died twice, traveled back in time twice at least and can use aura powers. Sorry that kid ain’t human no more seeing as in a special episode on Best wishes/Black &White Brock and Misty have grown up and taken their SS/HG appearance and Brock is no longer a gym leader but a pokemon breeder(or was it a caretaker or something) still. Heck even Gary grew up to be a pokemon professor (Yet in the game he is a gym leader).
The true reason might be cultural thing or a personal thing (sadly I don't know) maybe the creator of the Anime personally prefers Ash looking like he does, the creator of Ranma did the same thing I belive she wanted her characters to keep their youthful appearance and be forever in school age, it is not that uncommon.

Cowmuflage it's a really mean thing to say it's the animator's fault for missing frames, it's not like he decides all the things in the long run on. I don't mean this in a bad way but I thought as a fellow animator you might respect them, not for the quality but that they continue doing it even if they know people out there think that their work is pardon me...shit. To them it's a job (maybe even thankless) and some might hate being a animator but it brings bread to the table.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well just a spoiler...guys...

Jessie and James quit team rocket in the manga, get married and Jessi is pregnant at the end. No lie.

I've seen this on ComicVine.com a few times. This is one of the mangas. Jessie and James are married. Jessie is preggo, and cut her hair.

James confessing to Jessie.

So while the anime yes is geared to kids...the manga, however, not so much. And yeah, Sonata said the rest.
Last edited by Lisaara on Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Sonata wrote:I know I'll be ignored anyway but I'll say my own opinion. If I come off as being angry or anything I did not mean to come out as so.

But first are you comparing a game that actually has almost zero story to a anime that has nothing to do with the game? Tell me one animation/comic/game combo that actually stayed on being loyal to some the original.
Actually they started to build some kind of story in the current game season, Pokemon Best Wishes has actually maybe the best story. I mean Jessie and James are FINALLY evil, no longer the comedy relief. Kudos to the storywriters for actually trying something new on the story.

Now let me review something neat about Ash: he has died twice, traveled back in time twice at least and can use aura powers. Sorry that kid ain’t human no more seeing as in a special episode on Best wishes/Black &White Brock and Misty have grown up and taken their SS/HG appearance and Brock is no longer a gym leader but a pokemon breeder(or was it a caretaker or something) still. Heck even Gary grew up to be a pokemon professor (Yet in the game he is a gym leader).
The true reason might be cultural thing or a personal thing (sadly I don't know) maybe the creator of the Anime personally prefers Ash looking like he does, the creator of Ranma did the same thing I belive she wanted her characters to keep their youthful appearance and be forever in school age, it is not that uncommon.

Cowmuflage it's a really mean thing to say it's the animator's fault for missing frames, it's not like he decides all the things in the long run on. I don't mean this in a bad way but I thought as a fellow animator you might respect them, not for the quality but that they continue doing it even if they know people out there think that their work is pardon me...shit. To them it's a job (maybe even thankless) and some might hate being a animator but it brings bread to the table.

^ This

Ty Sonata.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Sonata wrote:I know I'll be ignored anyway but I'll say my own opinion. If I come off as being angry or anything I did not mean to come out as so.

^ This

Ty Sonata.
Seconding (Thirding?) this~
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.