WoW mysteries

Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

WoW mysteries

Unread post by Rubywashere »

I think most of you know my interest in the Huge dragon bones in dragonblight.
I personally always wondered what the heck it could be since it certainly is bigger than galakrond. So I used google to find this as it turns out it may just be manta
Still it may not.
this leads me to wonder is there other mysteries that may just be in the backround like manta?
I know ive seen a few others, the dead goliaths for example I know there is much much more.
Like the giant skulls you see consistently decorating demon structures in outlands, or the giant ribcages that are on the alters in badlands (I think?)
I know these can just be put off as decoration but really. Its more fun to try to guess what these once were
Anyways lets discuss is there any that im missing? what do you think this might be? just feel free to discuss this is for fun
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: WoW mysteries

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I've allways wondered what those snake guys where :/ Why where they in the centuars graveyards and all.
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Apprently their mentioned in a quest known as 'goaliths'
I think they have been a race somewhere once. But sense you only well see to corpses they can very well be still alive hidden somewhere in azeroth
I really dont think we've seen all of azeroth after all, but rather one side.

Also theres a really strange snake statue in zangarmarsh and last I checked there isn't any trolls native there, just the ones from azeroth.
Mysterious much? I think there was probably another race in outlands maybe that worshiped snakes. Im going to get a sccreenie later
also the giant rotting turtle corpses and thesadons in darkshore, I know its possibly just decoration but seriously where do they come from? the threasdon corpses also dont like like thresadons but another creature entirely.
Theres also a huge sea serpent skeleton in azuremyst, it can be easily swam to
I think that seas serpents were probably a common sight once in azuremyst seeing how the furblog tribe also seems to worship them in a quest

once again taking screenies of all these later
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

The Lost Ones worship shamanism amd the Feralfen's worshipped spirit takes on the image of a wind serpent so i think they worship the snake. Threshadons and turtles in Darkshore were ordinary beasts from the oceans that beached themselves. There was a quest about it but the questgiver lies dead in Auberdine. The 'Goliaths' i do believe are ancestors of Naga, true Naga if you will. With the highborne given their image to survive the depths of azeroth's oceans. Desolace was once underwater i do believe, and for obvious reasons (salt ALWAYS originates from the ocean) the old Salt Flats in Thousand Needles were the remains of an old part of the ocean before it drained out.

I have no idea what to say about the giant fossil in Dragonblight, i want to say that it is an ancient crocodilian or perhaps this 'Manta' creature. Obviously the name 'Manta' is not referring to the species of Ray but the name of a creature all its own. I have no idea about the sea serpents in Azyremyst, i have yet to see or at least remember seeing their bones. I know theres bones in the moonkin infested cave with The Kurken, but i have no idea what the bones belong to.

Anxiously awaiting the screenies 8D!

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

No the Goliath's lore states they are Old gods or units of the old gods lore is here.
No one knows if they where giant faceless ones or what. :s Heck they might not have anytihng to do with old gods :lol:
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Since I just so happened to login northrend I went and took some screenshots of manta
I think only half the skeleton remains, if you look it looks like part of the ledge somehow fell into the sea in the third screenshot.

As for the seaserpent I mentioned earlier, its long enough that I need two screenshots to see it
the ribcage is large enough so that you can fit in it

And now for the snake thing
Its just like a snake statues you find in troll temples, only there isn't any trolls native to outlands. I also really doubt troll would build one in the middle of a dried up lake
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

It's possible the statue is in relation to the vast amounts of Naga that have taken home to the marsh, or as stated before, the Shamanistic and Spiritual Feralfen.

My favorite was always wondering about the Master's Glaive, but we know what that is now.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Wow thats a crazy serpent (the one in the water) theres some in the waters in stranglethorn, or at least there used to bem i dunno if there still is.. so they're native and was once abundant but i guess they all died out

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

They could have something to do with Neptulon the Tidehunter like a Kraken of some type. Theres two types of Kraken in game there could easily be a 3rd.
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Could also not even be anything "overly" special. Just old fossils being revealed of species that used to be quite common (what I'd assume for the snakes, and a few others that seem scattered around the world) that went extinct long, long long ago. It would also "justify" why they'd be found far away from each other, as before they went extinct, the continent layout would likely have been different.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

If you do the furblog quests one gives you a buff that makes you swim faster. If im remembering correctly the god for this is a snake
I think its possible that giant snakes lived one day because thats strong evendence right there- if furblogs are worshipping water snakes and theres a giant skeleton in the ocean... Well I think you get my point
its what I think anyways

I think trolls have something to do with beveling water serpents as well, in a 'sacrifice' lake I found yet another giant snake like skeleton. There could be many other things, but if you look at normal troll architecture theres snake fountains