Hacked :(

Hawkshadow
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ravenholdt

Hacked :(

Unread post by Hawkshadow »

well it finally happened...after 6 years of no problems i at long last was hacked, had just ordered an authenticator too. All of my characters have been restored but my hunter for some reason :( missing lots of items, though oddly enough i have 8.5k extra gold that was not there before the hack. and the worst part....the very worst part...the hacker just HAD to take it this extra step...My pets, all of them....gone. :(

King Krush
Skoll
Loque'Nahak
Warp Stalker
Wind Serpent

/cry
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Re: Hacked :(

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Submit another ticket, and ask for your pets back. Several people here have reported success with this. ;)
I hope you get back on track soon, and that authenticator gets to you fast!
/hugs

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

-hugs- That sucks! My friends account was hacked a while ago, although the hacker didn't abandon her pets. I do hope you can get them all back. =(

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh no, what a terrible thing to happen! D:

Yes, definitely send another ticket in regarding your pets. I know they have they ability to restore them, just be persistent until you find a GM who will.

/huggles I hope everything works out for you!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh, that's terrible. :( But as the others have said, the GMs have the power!
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

How heartbreaking. So sorry. Hope the GM restores them to you.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Scowt
Realm: Wildhammer

Unread post by Scowt »

Blizz is usually pretty good about restoring everything that went missing. As for that extra gold, you must have gotten hacked by a gold farmer. That happened to my boyfriend and he got to keep all of the Sons of Hodir rep items that the hacker farmed out (can't for the life of me remember what those are called right now). So keep your chin up - pretty soon you'll have all of your beautiful pets back AND be 8k richer :P
Lazuly
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Lazuly »

Why would the hacker release all your pets?! What would it gain a gold farmer to do that? What a spiteful, mean thing to do! =/
Hawkshadow
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Sigh...almost a week later now, 3 opened tickets to GMs (which i had to wait 8+ hours to get answered), 2 emails to blizzard that explain what happened. All my items have been restored though they took away the extra 8k gold.

----Both of the emails i sent were about my pets. Seeing as all of my items were restored---

"Thank you for your patience and understanding while we further investigated the situation that you reported. We have concluded our investigation of the account and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

As a result of our investigation, we've discovered that your characters appear to have been restored fully."

Yup...still no pets. thanks blizz =(

Well i finally broke and went to tame the brown skinned devilsaur with green eyes, so i could at least start farming leather again. Saw a hunter with King Krush today though, it about killed me. Dont think i can do the whole camping for weeks thing again for Krush, skoll and loque.
Will keep the devilsaur i got for farming, and *hates to say it* just go marks and get a normal cat or wolf.

R.I.P Krush, Fell, and Icefang you will be missed <3
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

That's terrible that you got hacked and even more horrible the Blizz won't help to restore your pets. Sorry about that.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

What if we all opened tickets on Hawkshadow's behalf, mentioning that we know pets can be restored? Wonder if that would do anything? I hate to see it end like this.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ugh, my heart is breaking for you. :'(

Honestly I say keep trying with tickets. I know it's frustrating and you probably feel like nothing's going to happen, but you just have to get the right GM! Don't give up, GMs have restored pets for numerous people before. It's all a matter of finding one who will help. Keep saying how important it is for you, make it known how much this affects your gameplay. If anything they try to keep customers happy most of the time.
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

I'm sorry to hear, I agree with veph keep trying! There are nice ones out there.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

Vephriel wrote:If anything they try to keep customers happy most of the time.
If anything, that is what GM's should do for players ALL the time, even if they are usually rude.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Do you know which particular GM this is? Because it is possible to send in your opinions even if he hasn't helpe you. AKA, Petopians spam of "this gm sucks".

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Send in another ticket or email and clearly explain that all your items were *not* restored...they did not restore your abandoned pets, and you would like them back, please. Include a list of which pets they were. And be persistent. Those should be in the logs just as much as anything else the hacker sold or vendored. Also - make absolutely sure to include that this is NOT a new compromise, but an incomplete restoration from one that had already occurred. That way there will be no confusion about the status of your account.

Good luck getting your pets back!

EDIT: As a side note, I would also advise against any sort of mass filing of tickets or spamming of the gm feedback address. That won't help anything, and will only make it take longer for others whose accounts have been hacked or have other concerns to get assistance. It might also end up with your own accounts being actioned if the Blizzard staff decide that your tickets/emails are frivolous. And nobody wants to take a trip up the side of the Penalty Volcano.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Hawkshadow
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

thanks guys i will keep trying, sent another email, will see what happens