so.. eagle eye...

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3200
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 pm

so.. eagle eye...

Unread post by Slickrock »

I have the macro, but how are you all doing those explore-a-whole-zone escapades? Mine always breaks after about 6 jumps, long before the timer comes up.
Account has been closed at user's request.
User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 14059
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: so.. eagle eye...

Unread post by Wain »

It seems to depend strongly on your starting point, i.e. where you're physically standing, but even then you'll find it breaking now and then. The breaks only occur in specific regions. I don't know for certain but I have a suspicion that it has something to do with phasing. I know when I was standing on rocks at the top of a waterfall doing it, when it broke I'd actually fall through the rocks every time! So something in the region you're viewing seems to be affecting your body back at the starting point.

I find that one ok spot to stand is in the water between JF and V4W, about as far north as you can go up the inlet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3200
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: so.. eagle eye...

Unread post by Slickrock »

I think there's something else going on. Last night, I was able to explore like for 15 minutes each on 2 different jumps. Never broke it.

Today, I can't go more than 4 or 5 jumps without it breaking, from the exact same spot as last night.

I almost wonder if there is a GM watching and booting people exploring.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Locked