Can a brother get more dawgs?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Can a brother get more dawgs?

Unread post by Redith »

Seriously I love the concept of the dog pet...But I hate the Neapolitan Mastiff model, and the undead hounds. I would kill for a German Shepherd dog. Hell I would be happy with a wolf model with the coloring of a GSD! ...Which by the way if anyone good with photoshop and changing colors could do that I would love to see what that would look like
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Re: Can a brother get more dawgs?

Unread post by Tahlian »

Erm...we have the "lean wolf" model, which comes in solid black - which is an acceptable color for the German Shepherd breed, if you really have to have that. If they introduce a German Shepherd model, then I want a Greyhound model, and others will want a Labrador model - and the next thing you know, it's World of Dogcraft.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I'm getting pretty unsatisfied with the WoW models as a whole. They're so dated, blocky and pixelated.

And the design in general--Sambas's "longface," and the mastiffs, yes... ugh. For a new model, those mastiffs are pretty damn hideous.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new dog model, if they did it right. All they'd really have to do is a single model, and various colors; I doubt people would bicker over pricked vs floppy ears :P
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

I did make some recolors of cats and wolf ages ago on the artforum.
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9131
No german shepard color there though.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

the problem with a lot (if not all) of the dog models is that they would, in real life, have serious intestinal blockage issues.

I'd kill for a REAL looking wolf pet.

or at worst, a Husky. (well, no, I'd LOVE a Husky... but)

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Akyo wrote:I did make some recolors of cats and wolf ages ago on the artforum.
......................You do know that German Shepards colors look alot like doberman colors. With that being said........

OMFG! I WANT THAT DOBERMAN/GSD COLORING ON A WOLF SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Redith wrote:
Akyo wrote:I did make some recolors of cats and wolf ages ago on the artforum.
......................You do know that German Shepards colors look alot like doberman colors. With that being said........

OMFG! I WANT THAT DOBERMAN/GSD COLORING ON A WOLF SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!

hehehe, you DO know (just teasing) that German Shepherds come in every colour... and the only unacceptable show colour is white. We had a beautiful rust Shepherd.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I'd take the dobie, and the husky, well... Just give me all of em lol
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

white on german shepards are not allowed? o.O but they are absolutley gorgeous!

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tahlian »

You'll find white shepherds in the US quite frequently - but in Germany, the breed club there insists that all such pups be euthanized at birth. And even in the States, a white GSD cannot show, as the color is considered a fault (as noted in the breed standard), thus disqualifying the animal.

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Tahlian wrote:but in Germany, the breed club there insists that all such pups be euthanized at birth.
Am I the only one reading this and thinking it's disturbing as heck? o_o Also, isn't there a sub breed of white shepherds? I don't know if they are considered show dogs or not, but I came across something like it some time ago while I was trying to decide what kind of dog I should get for myself. (A decision I ended up not having to make since I had to cancel that plan due to health problems.)

White Shepherd - Wikipedia
It remains my favorite dog in any case and it just seems mind blowing to me that someone would consider putting an animal down because it happened to be born a different colour. That's messed up, friend!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Tahlian wrote:in Germany, the breed club there insists that all such pups be euthanized at birth
Is that really true? Why not just refuse to certify them as German Shepherds, and let them be someone's pet?
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Tahlian wrote:in Germany, the breed club there insists that all such pups be euthanized at birth
Is that really true? Why not just refuse to certify them as German Shepherds, and let them be someone's pet?
i agree, why not just fix them before adoption if they are afraid they will soil the breeding lines
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tahlian »

Because the German breed club is just that strict. Some breeders, I think, do take the risk of adopting the pups out as pets - but in doing so, they risk expulsion from the breed club if anyone finds out. And I seem to recall that in Germany, membership in that club is kind of a big thing, because people won't give you permission to breed to their dogs if they discover you've been expelled from the club (and they are still members thereof.)

It may seem harsh - but Germany is the country of origin for the breed, and they are very much dedicated to producing the best dogs in the world according to the standard.

Now in the States, such white puppies typically are adopted out as pets...but we're the States, not Germany.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I don't think you can show a white Shepherd in the States either. The Royal kennel club book I have says that white German Shepherds can't be shown in the UK either, but it MIGHT be out of date.

Putting them down is awful, however. It just shows how little these breeding organizations actually care for the animals themselves. They should just collect stamps instead.

"Step on no pets!"

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tahlian »

In the US, white shepherds can't be shown, either. It's a disqualifying fault in the AKC/UKC breed standard. And I don't think it's that the German breed club doesn't care about the animals. To the contrary, I think they care very much about the breed..mayhap a tad too much so from our point of view.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

The breed club cares about ribbons, not the animals. Otherwise, they would give members the option of performing early spay/neuter on disqualified puppies instead of killing them. Neutered puppies would be no threat to the breed standard.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I want tamable pugs
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

More dog models would be nice, but I wouldn't want anything too silly, like poodles or the like. Beagles/greyhounds, and definitely German shepherds would be great additions.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

The best dog, is a hot dog! :D

NOMNoMnOmnoMnomnomnom!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­