Studio Ghibli Themed Stable

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Studio Ghibli Themed Stable

Unread post by Flyra »

Since I am a HUGE studio ghibli (and Hiyao Miyazaki) fan I thought I'd make a hunter and name her pets after characters from the films. For those of you who don't know, studio ghibli make the films: Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies etc.
My hunter is called Chihiro :P
So I would love to hear people's ideas for pets that I could tame in the theme of Studio Ghibli films. Chihiro is going to be a Beast Mastery hunter so exotic pets also please! :D

Pets that I have so far:

Calcifer a Red Lynx - Named after Calsifer the talking flame in Howl's Moving Castle.
Moro a White Wolf - Named after Moro the Wolf God in Princess Mononoke.
Noh Howl a Black Hawk (Ran all the way to Howling Fjord at level 10 to get this guy) - Named after Howl's flight form
Haku starter Dragon Hawk , may replace with blue dragonhawk - Named after Haku the water spirit, boy and dragon in Spirited Away.
Okkoto an Undead Grey Boar - Named after the Boar God in Princess Mononoke that becomes corrupt.
Jiji a Black Cat - Named after Kiki's cat in Kiki's delivery service (Thank you to Vephriel)
Kamaji a Grey Bone Spider - Named after the spider-armed boiler man in Spirited Away (Thank you to Aeric)
Teto a Brown Fox - Named after Nausicaa's fox squirrel from Nausicaa and the valley of the wind

I will add the others once I'm high enough level to tame them. :P

Looking forward to hearing suggestions!
Last edited by Flyra on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Studio Ghibli Themed Stable

Unread post by Vephriel »

Here's a couple ideas that came to my mind. I know some overlap with a couple of your options, but I thought I'd suggest them anyways:

Image Yakul (Ashitaka's red elk. Talbuks look much more like him of course, but a goat might be close.)
Image Haku (just another option, the colours look a lot like him, and he's long and could be sort of similar to a dragon)
Image Howl (for his feathered form)
Image Totoro (colours are a bit similar)
Image Jiji (Kiki's cat)

As a side note, I believe Calcifer is spelled with a c instead of an s, just thought I'd mention it. :) I also think a core hound could be neat for him. Image
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

Great ideas I love them, exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the correction on Calcifer :). I definitely can't wait for MoP now!
/facepalm. Why didn't I think of calling Noh , Howl xD

Rarehunter1
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rarehunter1 »

YAY! Moar ghibli fans! *has every ghibli movie* Just shoutin' out for us! WOOOOO! *Totoro was first movie ever watched* ^_______^
Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Schlager »

I love Ghibli, great list of pet names! I watch Mononoke and Howl every couple months :D Maybe a silkworm for an Ohm!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Schlager wrote:I love Ghibli, great list of pet names! I watch Mononoke and Howl every couple months :D Maybe a silkworm for an Ohm!
Ooh, that's a good idea!
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

This might be a slight stretch, but I think that sporebats look kind of like fish, so maybe a brown sporebat called ponyo?

A dark grey bone spider named Kamaji after kamaji the boiler man in spirited away?

Maybe a Black gorilla or Grey worm for No-face? (Noh)
ImageImage

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

Love it :) Love the ghibli films aswell. Need to think of suited pets with names!
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

Yay more ghibli fans and thanks for the ideas!
I MUST have a silkworm called Ohm, they are the cutest things. Made me think about having a fox called Teto aswell :lol:

Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: azshara

Unread post by Skeeter »

i used to have the Ghost Wolf, named Moro, the undead boar, named Okoto, and a Silithid boss named Ohm haha! And a purple shale spider named Sen (was my favorite pet)! Also, just got a calcifer tattoo done on my chest just recently, its still healing! Love Ghibli ever since Spirited Away came out and i was just a kid!