Worgen Gameplay Footage

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Worgen Gameplay Footage

Unread post by Nevar »

While this footage ISNT a hunter its a worgen male warrior who is running around Mulgore just showing his attacking animations etc - enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QZ90jIOCk
Last edited by Nevar on Thu May 13, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Meko
Realm: Anvilmar

Re: Worgen Gameplay Footage

Unread post by Meko »

WOW!! defntly making a worgen!!
*excited!! :shock:
Meko
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

That transform animation is going to be SO annoying. ICANN just imagine some wolves in the AH, spamming it.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I agree thats going to get old fast. Thats mulgore not durotar btw.
Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

Yes, tis Mulgore, not Durotar. The transformation animation does look pretty awesome, but I could see it getting old after so many times... Kind of reminds me of how the screaming neigh of a DK's horse was kinda like, "woah, cool!" but got really annoying, really fast.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

P. DAWG MADE AN APPEARANCE!!!

xD!!!!!!

But yeah, the animation is gonna be horrible and annoying when going in/out of combat frequently (PvP... PvE... etc...).

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I kinda don't like the lumbering run of the worgen form... But it's ok, I know mine will be female. ;) *goes back to drooling over the animations of the female worgen*

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

I dont hate it nor do i love it i can see the weeks of them running about -.- which will be a bother and a half and since the range of the animation ....
well im glad when cata comes out ill be leveling my 80's before i think of anymore alts :p so ill be able to avoid the masses :D but then again race changes >.>

the days im really glad i play horde :D

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

I realized it was Mulgore I just typed fast and thought the zone isn't the main focus of it anyways. I love the transformation and someone spamming it dosent annoy me it's like the Lil Xt pet...he didn't annoy me at all /shrug, to each their own though I suppose all I know is I can't wait!
Last edited by Nevar on Mon May 10, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foxy and Wiley! <3

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

it will get to you when 10 worgens do it at the same time D:

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

The animation itself is incredibly cool. But the noise is extremely loud. Maybe Blizz could fix it so the sound can only be heard by the caster...?

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I like the attacking animation, but the way it runs is sorta meh imo. I can't wait to roll a goblin, however. :D
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Going to roll both either way (female and male). Am I weird for actualy liking the crouched position the worgen males move at? It gives me image that the body used to walk on four limbs not on two.
The transformation could be downed a bit, if enough people do it at the same time the server might (notice the might) crash even.

I can't place a real opinion on the female since most of the movement is draenei female. Oh come on the hip movement is so draenei female and the leg structure. Thou this might mean that they are using the female draenei as a base for the real model, atleast the legs...but how come this makes me think that the male worgens are then actually male draenei bases under good disguise! D:

....wait did I rant.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm....yeah...worgens do nothing for me. Love their starting zone though. Gala and I plan on breaking in and claiming it for ourselves. :lol:
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Kamalia wrote:Maybe Blizz could fix it so the sound can only be heard by the caster...?
It might already be that way. After all, we're only seeing one worgen in the video.
Sonata wrote:I can't place a real opinion on the female since most of the movement is draenei female. Oh come on the hip movement is so draenei female and the leg structure. Thou this might mean that they are using the female draenei as a base for the real model, atleast the legs...but how come this makes me think that the male worgens are then actually male draenei bases under good disguise! D:
I agree, the female worgen do look a lot like the female draenei. I also happen to love the way the female draenei move, so I don't mind so much. I do see some movements that are more feral, so if they manage a good balance, I'll be happy.

I don't think the male worgen are built over the draenei frame though. I'm thinking more like male troll when I see it (and I hate their pose too, the slouch gives me a back ache just looking at it... >_<).

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

All I know is I find them awsome and I dont find little game things annoying I find PEOPLe in trade chat annoying :lol: Maybe I have a high tolerance level, I love them though. I love female goblins and worgens, I love the male worgen but the male goblins are kinda eh to me...they seem like Arnold in a tiny green man form with proportions that dont fit right :lol: My new petopian hunter will def be a goblin though ;) Also I fond think the transformation will be annoying because druids transform with noises too /shrug - it isnt as loud but think that in the transformation videos its the worgens sound so its up really loud...can always turn your sound down too

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

The animation is nice..but a waste of time.

When you go into battle you want to immedietly start killing things. But waiting to get all fangy and furry before you take the first swing is like I said a waste of time. And thinking about it when applied to the hunter it makes it unnecissary. You send in pet, take three seconds to go fangy and furry, and just wasted three seconds you could have used shooting at the enemy.

Thankfully running around as a human is optional so I'm thinking that for the first hour of gameplay, at the starting zone of course, people will be spamming the animation it like crazy before they get tired of it and just take the worgen form.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I think the transformation is lame and may not roll a Worgen now because of it. :( Seems like a huge hassle. And I may be the only one but I thought you just stayed in the Worgen form the whole time. Seeing as how in game they currently there's no transforming that I've seen. Maybe it's just me.
But the transform will get old real fast.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lazuly
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Lazuly »

zedxrgal wrote:I think the transformation is lame and may not roll a Worgen now because of it. :( Seems like a huge hassle. And I may be the only one but I thought you just stayed in the Worgen form the whole time. Seeing as how in game they currently there's no transforming that I've seen. Maybe it's just me.
But the transform will get old real fast.
You can choose to stay in wolf form all the time, if you want to.
Kaleos
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul/Nesingwary

Unread post by Kaleos »

I'm sure the transformation is all RP and cosmetic effects, I haven't read anywhere that the form actually buffs you at all. So you could start attacking right off the bat as you still transform, I could be wrong though.
For just one click a day, you too can sponsor a squiby pet. Do it! :D