Question about 'Eternal Guardian' - Quilen ability

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
datgrl
Realm: Alexstrasza

Question about 'Eternal Guardian' - Quilen ability

Unread post by datgrl »

I'm trying to figure out when I can use the rez ability with my Quilen. The tool tip says " Returns the spirit to the body, restoring a dead target to life with 20% health and 0% mana." It was explained to me by another hunter it's like a battle rez. But when I've tried to use it while in combat, it doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure that it's working at all, actually.

Do messages appear in the combat log when the command completes successfully? Or will you see some sort of message, somewhere? Does the target see that you are rezzing them? Is it only available after combat stops? Does it work by clicking/selecting a 'party' icon? Or do I actually have to target the player where they lie?

Soooo many questions! Sorry :(
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Question about 'Eternal Guardian' - Quilen ability

Unread post by Lisaara »

Battle Rezzes are used during combat. You must remember theres other classes that can BRez(Druid, Warlock, Shaman, DK) and usually you can only do it once per fight. If one of them BRez, you will not be able to. You do have to target the player just like any other BRez(if they release, you can't target them).

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Breses were changed so you can use a limited number of them during a fight, but still more than one.

The bres is instant-cast. You see no message, but your quilen's ability goes on cooldown. The person being resed sees that your quilen wants to res them.

Your res most likely failed because your pet was nowhere near the player you were trying to res (that's the absolute worst part of our bres; hunting for the person who died so you can drag your quilen to them and target them) or as Junrei suggested, the player released.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

datgrl
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by datgrl »

O.k., so, I need to find the person on the ground and then move my pet to them and then hit the rez?

Just want to be sure I understand. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my post :)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

datgrl wrote:O.k., so, I need to find the person on the ground and then move my pet to them and then hit the rez?
Yes, exactly! I generally put Hippomenes on passive, then run over there myself. That may not be the most efficient way to do it, but I hate floundering as I try to gauge the distance between my quilen and the corpse.

It's a bit of a pain, especially in a large raid with lots of dots on the minimap. The option to show your target differently on the minimap can be a real lifesaver here....literally.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Schlager »

I'm super fond of this skill, saved more than a few dungeon wipes! Just target the tank and spam eternal guardian (pet brez spell) and your tank pops back up, no cast time!

Problem is the range of the spell, I'm not sure what it is, and I've also run into the 'Pet is out of range' error.

This week during Sha of Anger I tried to rez someone but was out of range, and the battlefield was too chaotic to send my quilen sniffing, so the dead person never got a rez!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Another problem with this ability is that it seems to be on the Global Cooldown. So you may need to pull your pet back from the fight to be able to make sure you get the use in properly. This ability has saved my heroic groups more than once, but also had times it choked up on me. Not sure if that's because of the 'limited bres' or because it's on GCD.

Hopefully Blizzard will make something so that you can target a person who has released, or that like a heal, the pet will run to the person/body who has died.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Kalliope wrote:
datgrl wrote:O.k., so, I need to find the person on the ground and then move my pet to them and then hit the rez?
Yes, exactly! I generally put Hippomenes on passive, then run over there myself. That may not be the most efficient way to do it, but I hate floundering as I try to gauge the distance between my quilen and the corpse.

It's a bit of a pain, especially in a large raid with lots of dots on the minimap. The option to show your target differently on the minimap can be a real lifesaver here....literally.
That's exactly what I do Kalliope!
Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

I would love to see like was mentioned, and your quilen runs to the target to rez them. After all, they do that with attacks! That's my biggest qualm with it.
A side note, I will often whisper heals at the beginning of a run and tell them not to release if they die. Some non-hunters just dont' realize about quilen yet.