U.S. Guild Event Ideas

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

U.S. Guild Event Ideas

Unread post by Arwyn »

Do what my siggy says to learn and help with upcoming events.

Last edited by Arwyn on Mon May 24, 2010 10:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: U.S. Guild Event Ideas

Unread post by Ryno »

Arwyn wrote:1) The First and Last Thousand Needles Race
As you know the Shimmering Flats race track will be flooded in Cata. So to honor the track while its still dry, I propose either a foot or mount race around the track. Possible to cause a little excitement everyone would be marked PvP so I could shoot arrows and set traps to slow you down. (Downside with this plan is that possible interlopers would wipe you or me out for the fun of it and someone would also have to stand at the finish line to see who wins.)
This one sounds good, if we get a couple people to play alliance and try to interfere, hehe. Definitely willing to try this one. ;)
Arwyn wrote:2) The Great Wintergrasp Run
Starting from the front of Wintergrasp Fortress everyone would run run lap along Wintergrasp's road back to the Fortress. Pros: Possible minimal PvP since everyone would be in a group with only PvP happening when encountering the Alliance guards at the bridges. Cons: Someone actually does decide to do PvP.
This sounds fun, but it may be hard for the people who don't have very high level toons to participate. We had an event in STV awhile back, and people generally complained about it since several people who came were low enough to die extremely easily.
Arwyn wrote:3)Quest Time
I would play as a quest giver and have you collect certain items and give a reward for your work. (Just think of the collect 5 pieces of this and that quest types) Pros: This can be done in any zone in Azeroth, Outlands, and Northrend. Cons: Character levels may prevent some people from playing in certain zones. Higher levels may have the advantage over lower levels when it comes to dishing out the damage. I.E. It may take a lvl 80 one hit to kill a lvl 10 creature while it takes a lvl 9 four or five hits to kill the same.
I like this one a lot, hehe. Makes people think creatively. We could set up stations in several zones like this, have 4-5 people acting as quest givers, and everyone else running around doing the quests.

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Arwyn wrote:1) The First and Last Thousand Needles Race
As you know the Shimmering Flats race track will be flooded in Cata. So to honor the track while its still dry, I propose either a foot or mount race around the track. Possible to cause a little excitement everyone would be marked PvP so I could shoot arrows and set traps to slow you down. (Downside with this plan is that possible interlopers would wipe you or me out for the fun of it and someone would also have to stand at the finish line to see who wins.)
This one sounds a lot of fun. Getting some people to interfere would actually make it even more fun. Traps could fly, dazing spells could be thrown, that sort of thing. XD
Arwyn wrote:2) The Great Wintergrasp Run
Starting from the front of Wintergrasp Fortress everyone would run run lap along Wintergrasp's road back to the Fortress. Pros: Possible minimal PvP since everyone would be in a group with only PvP happening when encountering the Alliance guards at the bridges. Cons: Someone actually does decide to do PvP.
Getting to WG would be a problem, unless a Warlock could summon people in. Even then, getting past the guards and any opposite faction players in the area would be very difficult for lowbies.
Arwyn wrote:3)Quest Time
I would play as a quest giver and have you collect certain items and give a reward for your work. (Just think of the collect 5 pieces of this and that quest types) Pros: This can be done in any zone in Azeroth, Outlands, and Northrend. Cons: Character levels may prevent some people from playing in certain zones. Higher levels may have the advantage over lower levels when it comes to dishing out the damage. I.E. It may take a lvl 80 one hit to kill a lvl 10 creature while it takes a lvl 9 four or five hits to kill the same.
This sounds very fun too! I have a suggestion for knocking out the Con. Just have several players acting as Quest Givers in different leveled areas. There would be level brackets, with each bracket needing to collect a different item. Also, would this be a timed, competitive event? As in, first five people to turn in get the prize? If so, this would just need to be set up all at the same time. If not, it can be done whenever. XD

I have another suggestion, since we're on the topic of races. I watched this being done once, and I thought it was great fun.
It was a race, plain and simple. Make a Tauren, and run from the starting area to the campsite on the edge of the Shimmering Flats. The trick was all the racers were level 1, no speed boosts. It was more a ghost race then anything else. XD There was a 2g entry fee, and the three top finishers got cash prizes! The fee part could be removed, if people don't want to do that, but racing other level 1's through level 20+ territory was awesome fun. ;) Commentators are a must too, so everyone is kept up to date to where everyone else is!

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Gala
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Gala »

i am all for some thousand needles awesomesauce.

also, for any event, i am very willing to play security. Goodness knows most of yall have seen me in action and i could take care of anyone wanting to cause problems.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*has image of Gala in a police uniform and bursts out laughing*
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Tue May 22, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

We could clear out ShadowFang Keep and make it our clubhouse.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Teigan wrote:After the last one, a couple of us were talking about maybe doing a guided tour of an interesting zone/dungeon. There's probably enough high lvls to chaperon the low levels. Maybe have a group picture and a picnic or something. Like a RL fieldtrip. :)
I was contemplating this as one of our RP events. We'd split everyone who showed up into groups to explore this "new and mysterious place."

Of course we have to imagine that noone's been there before so it works better, hehe. ;)

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

A lot of awesome ideas!

I love the first and last ones Arwyn presented. The idea of a pvp race sounds deeply amusing. It'd be funny too if it was a relay race...ie in teams, you need to hand off [driftwood] or something to your teammates as a baton so they can go.

The third one, the scavenger-hunt quest thing, sounds awesome too. I TOTALLY would mind being an "NPC." I'd make you go get random items with small clues (so you gotta figure out where to go). And if you try to insult this NPC for giving you a waste-of-time job she can insult back, lol.

The level-1 race to the finish sounds very amusing too, I'd be willing to try it. :)

And investigating dungeons would be cool...because we could take an rp role to dungeons that have quite a lot of potential but nobody bothers :D

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Whee..I love the responses and ideas.

In looking things over I decided to create the Petopians Guild Event Planner site in order to organize all the individual ideas and resulting events.

There threads for individual ideas can be posted and within those threads the plotting and planning to get that idea made into an event can occur.

If you plan to use the site Register with your Petopians name.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Tue May 22, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Teigan wrote:I'm thinking that with Cata coming,
TWO WORDS:

MINI

GOLF

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

Here's an idea! A few people get together and decide on a sort of quest line, as NPCs, with a prize such as a mini-pet at the end. A minipet is highly doable. perhaps something like a proto-drake whelp?

Anyway, there's just one catch. There are only slight hints as to where the next "NPC" is, and you have to guess, and try to find them. first place wins a great prize, second place a good one, and third place gets a slightly smaller prize. then for everyone else, there can be a small consolation prize.

I wouldn't mind being one of the NPCs at all, by the way, so long as it's on a weekend.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

A scavenger hunt to find the scavenger hunt! Sounds complicated and yet strangely fun :D

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Nikkrosnil wrote:Here's an idea! A few people get together and decide on a sort of quest line, as NPCs, with a prize such as a mini-pet at the end. A minipet is highly doable. perhaps something like a proto-drake whelp?

Anyway, there's just one catch. There are only slight hints as to where the next "NPC" is, and you have to guess, and try to find them. first place wins a great prize, second place a good one, and third place gets a slightly smaller prize. then for everyone else, there can be a small consolation prize.

I wouldn't mind being one of the NPCs at all, by the way, so long as it's on a weekend.
Love It.

Also to keep your idea organized I made a copy of this at the Petopians Guild Event Planner site
so we can go indepth in plotting and planning it to bring it alive!
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

I even have an NPC outfit for the event. xD

Edit: Another idea! The people that choose to be NPCs leave guild, to avoid being found by just looking at location in guild status, and join a small one called 'Petopian Event Moderator' or something along those lines. I'll pay for the guild and everything, and we can pass guild leadership to a low level alt, for use for other events and such.

Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

For the idea of a relay race, using a leather ball as the object to pass to the next player would be great. I am sure we have a LW in the guild high enough to make some and all a person needs is one free slot of bag space.

I like the idea of a tour of some dungeon. I bet I could even get Ketcha on board as a healer and res'er in case any untoward harm befalls a lower level player.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Nikkrosnil wrote:Here's an idea! A few people get together and decide on a sort of quest line, as NPCs, with a prize such as a mini-pet at the end. A minipet is highly doable. perhaps something like a proto-drake whelp?

Alrighty, lets flush this idea out Nikkrosnil.
Important things that need to be covered first.

1) Which weekend day do you want to try for? Saturday or Sunday
2) The Server Time you want to try and hold the event?
3) The zone?
4) The number of volunteers you might need. (From the dry run we also learned that its possible for one person to act as a multiple quest giver with characters they all ready have. But it does take a little time logging in and off and the characters must be in place before the event.)

and
Nikkrosnil wrote:I even have an NPC outfit for the event. xD

Edit: Another idea! The people that choose to be NPCs leave guild, to avoid being found by just looking at location in guild status, and join a small one called 'Petopian Event Moderator' or something along those lines. I'll pay for the guild and everything, and we can pass guild leadership to a low level alt, for use for other events and such.
I'll be more than happy to chip in with this because an Event Moderators would be great for watching over events like relay race. Moderators could be placed at relay stations, or whatever they area is called where relay racers pass the baton, to check that items have been traded off and/or protecting team members from undo aggro while they wait for the baton.

Now to hammer out your idea Sochi:
Sochi wrote:For the idea of a relay race, using a leather ball as the object to pass to the next player would be great. I am sure we have a LW in the guild high enough to make some and all a person needs is one free slot of bag space.

I like the idea of a tour of some dungeon. I bet I could even get Ketcha on board as a healer and res'er in case any untoward harm befalls a lower level player.
For the Relay Race, important things that need to be covered:

1) Which day of the week do you want to try to hold your event?
2) The Server Time you want to try and hold the event.
3) The zone?
4) Areas to set up relay stations/points. (whatever the place is called where people hand over the thing to their team mates)
5) Number of volunteers you made need?

Tour idea still pounding on it.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Tue May 22, 2012 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Teigan wrote:We must have another dance/hot tub party! :lol:
Normal social gatherings, hmm? With a theme. Yes, yes we can have those. A helluva lot easier to organize than most other events. :twisted:

I can feel my mind already brooding upon ideas...