I feel good about myself, as well as my fiance. We were on our way home from Farm Fresh when we saw a car slowing down then turn it's emergencies on. My fiance and I turned down out street and then turned around. It was cold enough so our small bags of groceries wouldn't spoil. We parked on another street and walked up to the car that was stopped. It was a lady and her child and their tire had gone flat. She said she had no tools and didn't know how to change a tire.
My fiance went to get his tools from the truck, but they didn't fit for her car. We found in her trunk, hidden underneath a board, that she had tools she didn't know about. Huzzah! So we got the car on a jack, got the bolts off....but the tire didn't wanna come off! The police came and set up some flares(Thank god! People were driving way too close to us before moving from us.) before leaving. We were gonna call a friend to help us see if it had a hidden lock or something when suddenly a man in a pick-up truck stopped, asking if we needed help.
We said we were having trouble getting the tire off. So, he made his way infront of us and pulled over then came over and gave a few tugs. The tire popped off as he fell on his butt(We all laughed, including him, and clapped). After that, he left since we got it from there but still his help was very much appreciated. We got the spare on and we looked at the old one. That tire was bald to the point you could see the silver lining on it. I recommended she get her tires checked first thing in the morning to make sure her other tires aren't that bad. She agreed that it needs to be done so she doesn't have this happen or worse later on.
As my fiance and I offered a goodbye and Merry Christmas, she blessed us, wishing she could do something for us in return. However, we said it wasn't necessary. Her and her child getting home safely was all we could ever ask for. She hoped something good would happen to us. Maybe Karma will bless us in time but I was just happy we made the night good for this family when they got stuck on a cold night.
Good Deed Done Today
Re: Good Deed Done Today
That's beautiful. It reminds you how much the opportunity to help others can be a privilege rather than a liability. It can leave you feeling pretty good, about yourself and about other people 
But it's a bit scary the number of people who drive but don't at least know the theory on how to change their own tyres. That at least is something everyone should know before they go on the road.
But it's a bit scary the number of people who drive but don't at least know the theory on how to change their own tyres. That at least is something everyone should know before they go on the road.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
- Lisaara
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 17426
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
- Realm: Moon Guard
- Gender: Genderfluid
- Location: US
- Contact:
Re: Good Deed Done Today
Yeah. It kinda shows kindness in the world does still exist.
I'll admit, I've never changed a tire myself but I've made sure to watch my fiance do it so if the situation ever arises, I'll know how.
I'll admit, I've never changed a tire myself but I've made sure to watch my fiance do it so if the situation ever arises, I'll know how.

