Evidence for Proving Ground scenarios?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Evidence for Proving Ground scenarios?

Unread post by Quiv »

I was listening to the audio files for the 4 Pandaria gods (http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 47&t=20536), and it really sounds to me like these may be the proving grounds Blizzard has talked about, the solo instances that let you test your skills as tanks/healer/dps.

For example Chiji has you focusing on healing, Niz on protecting people, while Yulon and Xuen have you focusing on other aspects (disarming, attacking from behind etc).

Sounds neat either way, I have been looking forward to proving grounds and if these aren't them, it may be a step in that direction!
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Re: Evidence for Proving Ground scenarios?

Unread post by Miacoda »

These are part of the stuff you do with Wrathion. I guess more legendary quest line shenanigans.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Evidence for Proving Ground scenarios?

Unread post by Quiv »

When Wrathion says we only need to complete 1 of the 4 challenges at the shrines, based on our "unique talents", makes me think its going to be role based. I hope!

Edit:
SPELL_FAILED_LEGENDARY_SPEC_SWAP - You may not change talent specializations during a celestial challenge.
SPELL_FAILED_LEGENDARY_WRONG_SPEC - Your talent specialization does not match the selected challenge.

So apparently the legendary chain has a scenario that has different goals, depending on the spec you are. This doesn't sound exactly like proving grounds (not accessible to all, proving grounds were meant to be, in part, a training tool for new tanks/healers) but it does look like a positive step in that direction.