Sei's Objective - Collect Stone Direhorn Mounts

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Sei's Objective - Collect Stone Direhorn Mounts

Unread post by Seilahyn »

So after some trio fun last night with two Warbringers, I was left by myself heading over to the one in Jade Forest. Seeing as on my Hunter I am normally kiting them around while my other friend, a Hunter also, killed them.. I figured.. why not try and solo. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to and I know it is possible. My only worry was that the Jade Forest Warbringer is in a horrible spot for kiting. So I flew on over and low and behold, he was up. I began to fly around and look for a possible kite path as the little cliff edge was way too compact and I would most definitely be getting caught there. So I found a path out a bit around a fallen tree and up towards the Mogu ruins. It was pretty clear of any aggro with only some non-aggressive sprites fighting some aggressive Mogu, and a non-aggressive crane and Faerie Dragons. So I began. I pulled the Warbringer and brought it out to my predetermined path and began the solo. I saved BW as an "ohshi" incase I got caught with Fear, and I played it safe. About 7~8 mins later, he was dead with only one Fear getting off when I got stuck on a little twig on a corner.

So with that being successful, I moved on to Kun-Lai. Kun-Lai is by far the WORST area to kite. So much aggro in the way. I cleared everything out first and began the fight. Part way through it began to respawn and I was constantly getting my Cheetah knocked off by something. I did manage to get it dead without really taking any damage, but I don't like that area at all.

Townlong is another easy kite. I flew around and preplanned a path and did a triangular kite around with only two non-aggressive bucks ever crossing my path.

After that one was down I called it a night. I wish I could remember which colors I killed last night, so I will start the count as of today with 3 "forgot".

Total Kills by Color:
Slate - 0/1
Jade - 0/3
Amber - 0/3
Forgot Color - 0/3
Total Kills - 10

Warbringer Solos by Zone:
The Jade Forest - 3
Kun-Lai Summit - 3
Townlong Steppes - 2
Dread Wastes - 0
Krasarang Wilds - 2
Last edited by Seilahyn on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Sei's Objective - Collect Stone Direhorn Mounts

Unread post by ashdawn »

me and my guild master have been farming for ages, about 20+ kills, still nothing :/
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I think I have about 10 kills with others before I started soloing. I'm just happy I can do it on my own without having to try and get someone to come help me kill them. I'll probably do a couple rounds a day, as my fingers can only handle so much solo kiting before they start hurting. I normally have rather bad luck, but if it takes me a week or several months before I get them, atleast I will get them.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Same, I've killed them with 3 different grps and not a single one (well over 40+)! I dunno how ppl have all three tbh!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Keep in mind the drop rates are fairly low, I think between 2-5%. Personally I killed (estimating) 10 slate, 20 amber and 40 jade to get all 3 mounts. I did about half solo and the other half with several scouting partners that agreed to pass mounts to me in exchange for the other drops. It was a good system and benefitted everyone - it pays to befriend others who you see hanging around.
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

Good luck with these. RNG is, unfortunately, RNG. My personal longest of all of them was about 48 or 50 or so just for an Amber to finally drop. But me, I only ever killed one before they got 'buffed' and you couldn't slow them anymore. Though I had some fun trying with cheetah kiting, I just always ended up pulling too much AoEing Scarabs and the like. Kiting never has been and never will be one of my talents!

But it's pretty much the same mentality for farming these as everything else. "If you don't kill it, it can't drop". So may you get your first drop soon!

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Wereraptor
Realm: Twisting Nether EU

Unread post by Wereraptor »

Hello , there new petopian here. :) Not a new player tho.

I got 3 of the direhorns before they dropped the drop rate and buffing them to avoid CC. I and my friend got 3 of those in 2 days of farming and seen many duplicates dropped at that time. I can pretty much say they lowered the drop rate now.
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

My brother tried soloing it on his shammy and it is quite possible. He is known for his kiting skills in our guild. But since then he prefers to duo it. When u have at least two you can drop aggro onto the other person and pass it back and forth. If you are not a hunter I'd recommend getting the trinket from the rare lizard guy (saylin scout sp?) that pats along the river close to Gal (if u have NPCScan spawn marker addon it is the long yellow marker) in the valley. The trinket it s 7 min 'FD'. Also if you are reped with the kalaxi (sp) in the waste I would get the painkiller and angel of death buffs from them. VERY helpful!

In JF we do very similar to what Seilahyn did there. Up close to the mogu ruins. In the Wilds either up and down the beach next to the island that it spawns on (bloodtooth walks right through the island ^_^) or just into the Forrest a lil bit and back out onto the beach in a oval. In the Waste just clear the path going North from his spawn of mantid and yaks or a lil easier pull then again in a oval up North from spawn and back down towards it again. In the Steppes kite it in a circle in the lil patch of Forrest in front of him (east of the spawn site). KL is simple kite him up and around the yak wash. Only rarely do u pull the yongol or maybe a troll scout while doing this.

We have only gotten one mount each (two in the handful of time we have done it off and on) but our toons and alts are well reped since doing this and the bags of good sell really well (on our server) and if you really want the tokens vendor for quite a bit after u have done at least one 'round of panda land and also kill the scouts while you clear and or waiting on spawn times.

I will say that it is funny as hell to see a 5man get stomped by the warbringers when u are two maning it. Sorry I'm a butt head at times.
Happy hunting peeps. :)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.