Seriously thinking of quitting WOW

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Seriously thinking of quitting WOW

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I have been playing since Wrath my first guy is now my 90 Death Knight he is a Night Elf I made him cause at the time my ex gf was into Blood Elves and I wanted to spite her so I made an Alliance she was also big on Horde and made him a Night Elf. I had many fun times here met my now current amazing and wonderfully adorable girlfriend four years ago here was a part of several guilds even was leader few times but didn't last long. But now with this whole thing about ganking on the Isle lost in time with the censer thing and rng hating me for so long I think it may be time to quit this game. You can tell me all you want it is rng it is meant to be random but then answer me this why is it I have been camping Garnia also killing Houlon and other rares on Timeless all I get was coins and that charm thing isn't random also to mean I will get at least an item to sell or use seems to me that is how it should work. Just tonight few hours ago I killed Garnia and someone got the pet I have been camping so long for. This is getting me so stressed right now it has made the game less and less fun you could say it has ruined my life except for letting me find my girlfriend. They even took my wolf mount away and there is no chance at all for me to get the war wolf mount from SOO yea this is a rehash from my rant thread without all the other choice words. So if anyone has anything to say they feel would convince me to stay please do so I welcome it otherwise I will be leaving for how long I don't know and no you can not have my stuff.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Seriously thinking of quitting WOW

Unread post by Bowno »

Sounds like you need to take a break.

It takes a while to get stuff. That's how it works. If you are handed everything then it doesn't feel as great to have it. That is why people like rare mounts more than just vendor mounts. Rare mounts feel so great to get. Same with pets. The rarer the pet, the more people want i. There is always next time.
Ganking happens. That is why it is World of WARcraft. You kill people. You can always turn off your PVP or move to a non PVP server. People shouldn't roll on a PVP server if they don't like PVP. And with Real ID, there is no excuse for it.
But yeah, a break wont hurt you! And that way you can always come back later if you want to. I'm not here to convince you to stay, much like the people on the WoW forums ;P It is really your choice. I'm just throwing another option out there.

Siggy under construction!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

What Bowno said. You don't need to make any final, irreversible decisions. Take a break and maybe you'll feel more excited about returning later. People do that all the time. :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Bowno wrote:Sounds like you need to take a break.

It takes a while to get stuff. That's how it works. If you are handed everything then it doesn't feel as great to have it. That is why people like rare mounts more than just vendor mounts. Rare mounts feel so great to get. Same with pets. The rarer the pet, the more people want i. There is always next time.
Ganking happens. That is why it is World of WARcraft. You kill people. You can always turn off your PVP or move to a non PVP server. People shouldn't roll on a PVP server if they don't like PVP. And with Real ID, there is no excuse for it.
But yeah, a break wont hurt you! And that way you can always come back later if you want to. I'm not here to convince you to stay, much like the people on the WoW forums ;P It is really your choice. I'm just throwing another option out there.
Yeah pretty much what bowno said. Anything worth having in game takes effort, trust me! I spent 4 yrs in kara for the mount. Don't expect to get anything quickely or the first go, its all that more thrilling when you eventually do get it. And you feel like you really earnt it too!

If you're on a pvp realm i'd move off it. I hate world pvp and moved for that reason. If you have a guild you love there then i'm not sure what you can do but if it's making you upset i'd move.

Taking a break is always good. Just walk away for a week and play something else or do another hobby that makes you happy :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I am on a pve realm and after what I just got while on Timeless Isle I am going to stick around bit more I finally got the ruby droplet pet from Garnia been camping that pet for several days.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bowno wrote:Sounds like you need to take a break.

Blackwater Raiders isn't a pvp server, it's an rp server and there are a lot of pvp griefers on rp servers. Moon Guard is no different. We have flagged buttheads that purposely try to get people flagged and I've been victim to that. I also really hate the 'World of WARcraft' argument cause it's a cop out reason to justify pvp asshats, imho.

That aside, I do agree a break sounds like it's needed. The DMF Wolf will be back next month so it's not taken away technically speaking(Trust me, I was sad to lose it but we knew it was a temporary mount). It's easy to get frustrated with the RNG Mistress is cruel.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Junrei wrote: Blackwater Raiders isn't a pvp server, it's an rp server and there are a lot of pvp griefers on rp servers. Moon Guard is no different. We have flagged buttheads that purposely try to get people flagged and I've been victim to that. I also really hate the 'World of WARcraft' argument cause it's a cop out reason to justify pvp asshats, imho.

That aside, I do agree a break sounds like it's needed. The DMF Wolf will be back next month so it's not taken away technically speaking(Trust me, I was sad to lose it but we knew it was a temporary mount). It's easy to get frustrated with the RNG Mistress is cruel.
I am one of those 'buttheads' ;P
It's pretty easy to avoid getting flagged if you're paying attention. If you see yellow, you should be paying extra attention. I've been on the receiving end of the 'blue flagging' a few times, myself. And while it can be rather upsetting, I know that it was my fault for not paying attention while looting or changing targets.

Siggy under construction!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

*dances around with his new Ruby Droplet battle pet that just dropped off Garnia* yay after days of camping finally got mine
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bowno wrote:
Junrei wrote: Blackwater Raiders isn't a pvp server, it's an rp server and there are a lot of pvp griefers on rp servers. Moon Guard is no different. We have flagged buttheads that purposely try to get people flagged and I've been victim to that. I also really hate the 'World of WARcraft' argument cause it's a cop out reason to justify pvp asshats, imho.

I am one of those 'buttheads' ;P
It's pretty easy to avoid getting flagged if you're paying attention. If you see yellow, you should be paying extra attention. I've been on the receiving end of the 'blue flagging' a few times, myself. And while it can be rather upsetting, I know that it was my fault for not paying attention while looting or changing targets.
So everyone that gets flagged due to a flagged dk corpse exploding Huolon and standing on the very very tiny itty bitty slab of meat to purposely get people flagged are at fault and the dk is not at fault? No. I don't think so. They're not yellow. They're red. There's nothing you could say that could convince me that kind of behavior is totally acceptable and I should bend over backwards to loot something just because some douche wants to get free coins and grief people.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bowno wrote: It's pretty easy to avoid getting flagged if you're paying attention. If you see yellow, you should be paying extra attention. I've been on the receiving end of the 'blue flagging' a few times, myself. And while it can be rather upsetting, I know that it was my fault for not paying attention while looting or changing targets.
Not wanting to drag this thread further off-topic, but it's really not that simplistic. In the chaos of a dozen attackers it's unrealistic to expect that level of precision all the time. Nor do I think it's it reasonable to expect non-PvP players to be constantly on edge in a PvE realm to avoid that. But even if you manage to avoid all mistaken attacks, it's still possible to right click on corpse or interactive NPC only to have the target change at the very last second. It's possible to avoid that to if you bind interact with target to a key and only ever left-click for interaction. But again, it hardly feels reasonable to me for people to constantly be forced to do that on a PvE realm. People choose PvE realms for a reason.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:
Bowno wrote: It's pretty easy to avoid getting flagged if you're paying attention. If you see yellow, you should be paying extra attention. I've been on the receiving end of the 'blue flagging' a few times, myself. And while it can be rather upsetting, I know that it was my fault for not paying attention while looting or changing targets.
Not wanting to drag this thread further off-topic, but it's really not that simplistic. In the chaos of a dozen attackers it's unrealistic to expect that level of precision all the time. Nor do I think it's it reasonable to expect non-PvP players to be constantly on edge in a PvE realm to avoid that. But even if you manage to avoid all mistaken attacks, it's still possible to right click on corpse or interactive NPC only to have the target change at the very last second. It's possible to avoid that to if you bind interact with target to a key and only ever left-click for interaction. But again, it hardly feels reasonable to me for people to constantly be forced to do that on a PvE realm. People choose PvE realms for a reason.
Precisely, Wain. Well said. If it were a pvp realm, sure. But RP/PVE realms shouldn't have to be on their toes. If I wanted to pvp on a pve realm, I'd do so in Arenas or BGs.

LisaaraPokefarm

Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

I play on Blackrock (pvp server), there are days I want to pvp and some days I dont. The timeless isle on that server is rediculous! But I figured out what to do to keep me from getting ganked by 40 people. I suffered for days not being able to get anything done, dieing and dieing over and over at the graveyard, so I went and bought the item that turns you red to be able to get the bloody coins, and AHA! I wasnt getting ganked anymore. I found that the people that didnt have the item just really want to pve, so they leave me alone and the other reds cant attack me. hehehe....
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

The biggest problem is that your camping. The best advice I can give you is... DON'T! It creates unnecessary stress, annoyance etc etc. The best thing you can do is keep trying and trying. Eventually it will drop. It did for me, same with Jademist dancer x2. I got even got the mount as well. Whenever you hear someone mention Garnia is up, ask them to wait and go kill him. Then go do other stuff. I can tell you, that in wrath and cata I got every single Spirit beast and rare (the rares I actually wanted) there was to get. Guess how many I camped ? ZERO! I just kept looking at totally random times. The same goes with Unborn Valk'yr.. Though that was more sheer luck then anything. I went into a Heroic Scenario when I was on top of his spawn location. I came out and he was right below me, and nobody else was around me.

I want something that is a rare, or a rare drop. I keep trying till I get it, or keep looking at random times.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Since I finally did get the ruby droplet I am no longer there and I do not camp anymore on the isle lol my hunter is a different story he camped loque and krush also arcturis for seven hours till arcturis showed up. when I camped loque and krush I would park him there in a spot and log off him to my dk then log back on him as for the stuff on isle I wait till someone says its up then run like heck there so far though no luck as usual.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Silver Dragon works very well at alerting you to rares. I recently switched from NPC_Scan and I like it better. I also have never camped anything. I use the addon HandyNotes and mark the known spawn points of the rares so I can look at my map at any time and know which direction to go to check if they are up. When I finally got my Loque after more than a year of looking for him, I was hovering over one of his spawn points deciding what to do since he hadn't shown up at any of them again when he suddenly spawned right under me. I still have never seen the TLPD but maybe some day I'll get lucky.

Like as has been said, If you're feeling frustrated with the game, take a break for a few days or even a week. If you start really missing playing, then you know it is not time to quit.
Lampray
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Lampray »

I recommend having friends on other servers to phase you to their server when people are ganking. You almost never have to worry about people pvping :) You can get your darkmoon wolf next month! You can always make a horde alt for wolf mounts too.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Crestonwolf73 wrote:Since I finally did get the ruby droplet I am no longer there and I do not camp anymore on the isle lol my hunter is a different story he camped loque and krush also arcturis for seven hours till arcturis showed up. when I camped loque and krush I would park him there in a spot and log off him to my dk then log back on him as for the stuff on isle I wait till someone says its up then run like heck there so far though no luck as usual.
I went over there the other day for kicks and the pet dropped for me again.. So I lvled it up, and sold it on the AH for 6k
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Wow 6k looks like I need to camp it again get one more and power level it to 25 bet I can get about that much also thanks for the idea.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

As others have mentioned, camping really isn't for everyone. Personally, I enjoy it. I play on a PVP server (saving up for a realm transfer; this is the character I made in TBC to play with certain people who were already established on that server), but even then it's not bad if you just tab out and watch some shows or something. Even on Frostwolf, I've only died twice on the isle. Most people don't really seem to care. I died more times camping TLPD than I have Huolon, that's for sure.

But it definitely sounds like camping isn't your thing. I'd suggest avoiding it in the future.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

Random drops are random. My lil brother and a guildie of ours have both got the mount from Houlon and I've camped that dick longer then both put together x5. Eeeh thats life in WoW. On the other hand I have several of the rare pets that drop on Timeless and they don't. Its like how I got the blue proto drake the first time I'm bored and decided to farm it and a fellow old guildie does as well getting it to drop our first tries on the same night and my brother has farmed it off and on for years with no luck.

Crap happens. Yes the things in life and WoW that you want most are the things you work for but with RNG you can't work towards it. You're luck on RNG is the same if you do it/kill it once or as often as you humanly can. The chance is the same for both with RNG. It is not that if you have a 1 in 100 chance that if you kill it 100 times you are sure to get it but rather every time you kill it you have a 1% chance for it to drop each time it is killed. The same low sucky chance.

Nothing we say can get you to stay and skimming down I see that the droplet pet dropping for you has cheered you up and kept you hanging around. Great I'm glad you got the cute bloody guy. Personally I take brakes from camping Huo cuz it is depressing each time I get coins after waiting 30 mins - and hour just to get coins again. Go runs some dungeons, do lfr or pet battle ur new droplet. Hell walk away from WoW for a few days, weeks or a month and you'll feel better and renewed when you come back.

cheers and may you find the joy that pulled you in to WoW or in your time away.

I also highly recommend the addon "RareCoordinator" http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rarecoordinator
It shows what rares on Timeless have been killed and how long ago thus being able to run over to the one you want within time of being there when it pops (for example Houlon can pop ever 30 to 60 mins) and if it is up and someone else has with the addon clicked on the rare it will show that it is up even if you are clear across the isle. The list works and updates if people have the addon and click on the rare but not if the people close by don't have the addon. So it is kinda a catch-22 in that the more people have it the more likely you will be notified of rares they see. If no one has the addon then even if it is up the list won't update. It has been a massive help for me farming the rares I like and still need. Try it out and see if it help you any.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.