Help finding an add-on...
-
Tratzul
- Journeyman Hunter

- Posts: 150
- Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:36 am
- Realm: Duskwood {US}
- Gender: Female
Help finding an add-on...
{I have no clue if there's any addons I can get that can do this...}
Is there any addon that can help me figure out what kinds of beasts I can skin, like instead of going through the hassle of kiling something, just to see a red 'skinning'? ;.;
I'll even try something that's not on Curse, even though I prefer it.
Also, are any of the addons that are not on Curse, like Cartographer, any good/ is safe to use? (I'm a bit cautious... <.<' )
Is there any addon that can help me figure out what kinds of beasts I can skin, like instead of going through the hassle of kiling something, just to see a red 'skinning'? ;.;
I'll even try something that's not on Curse, even though I prefer it.
Also, are any of the addons that are not on Curse, like Cartographer, any good/ is safe to use? (I'm a bit cautious... <.<' )
Re: Help finding an add-on...
I don't know of any addons that would help with this, but I do know a general rule of thumb to use. If you multiply the level of the beast by 5 that is the approxamite skill needed to skin it. So level*5= skill needed. i.e. a level 40 beast would need a skill of 200 to skin, and a level 80 would need 400. There are some exceptions I remember running across while leveling, but if I rememeber right they are rare/elite.
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Help finding an add-on...
Wowwiki wrote:Up to skinning 100, you can find out the highest level mob you can skin by: ((Skinning skill)/10)+10.
From skinning level 100 and up the formula is simply: (Skinning skill)/5.
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
- Ungoro
- Expert Hunter

- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 am
- Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU
- Gender: Male
- Location: England
Re: Help finding an add-on...
Well, kind of off topic to the original addon enquiry but i'm just wondering if there's an addon that tells me of opcoming attacls/spells. I know it seems fairly lazy, but sometimes when I ding I could be in an instance and I want to know if the new moves I could learn are vital, or not really needed that much.
- Moonlost
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 3888
- Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:47 am
- Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)
- Gender: Fembot
- Location: Satellite of Love
Re: Help finding an add-on...
I'm guessing you mean something that tells you if you get new spells/abilities when you level?Ungoro wrote:Well, kind of off topic to the original addon enquiry but i'm just wondering if there's an addon that tells me of opcoming attacls/spells. I know it seems fairly lazy, but sometimes when I ding I could be in an instance and I want to know if the new moves I could learn are vital, or not really needed that much.
CoolLevelUp does that. Goes through what stats go up and what abilities you can train in once you ding (so long as you have previously visited a trainer with the addon installed). Also plays music when you level for cool effects. It's also based off the Fire Emblem game leveling thing, which makes me happy.
It hasn't been updated in a while, but it still works perfectly.
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Help finding an add-on...
I also use it, and I can attest to it's usefulness.
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
- Ungoro
- Expert Hunter

- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 am
- Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU
- Gender: Male
- Location: England
Re: Help finding an add-on...
Sounds like pretty much what I wanted, thanks! now to download it...



