Possible Fourth Glyph unlock

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Possible Fourth Glyph unlock

Unread post by Demonicow »

the way Glyphs unlock is every 25 levels 25 50 75 and possibly 100 does that mean we get more glyphs at lvl 100?
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Possible Fourth Glyph unlock

Unread post by Lisaara »

There's been nothing stating such yet.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe, but really I think they just decided how many glyphs they wanted us to have, total, then divided it up in a way that they arrived on levels where it was good to get something.

What I'd really love for them to do is switch back to three tiers of glyphs, but not for the purpose of making more powerful ones. What I'd like to see is "minor-but-useful" ones split from the "purely cosmetic" ones. Currently for minor glyphs you're forced to choose between ones that are pure show and ones that actually do help a bit, which makes it a hard choice. The cosmetic glyphs they created are meant purely for fun, but it's less fun when you feel like you're giving up something practical for it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

i am in agreement but an extra minor and major glyph couldnt hurt either?
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Meh... the glyphs are mostly pretty lame now, especially so for some classes. All sorts of weird adjustments to cooldowns and spell tweaks. Not fun or interesting.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Slickrock wrote:Meh... the glyphs are mostly pretty lame now, especially so for some classes. All sorts of weird adjustments to cooldowns and spell tweaks. Not fun or interesting.
That's heavily a matter of opinion and my opinion differs greatly. I love the minor glyphs we have and often have a hard time choosing between them.

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

Junrei wrote:
Slickrock wrote:Meh... the glyphs are mostly pretty lame now, especially so for some classes. All sorts of weird adjustments to cooldowns and spell tweaks. Not fun or interesting.
That's heavily a matter of opinion and my opinion differs greatly. I love the minor glyphs we have and often have a hard time choosing between them.
Well, the minor glyphs are actually the more interesting ones.

Look at the major glyphs. Do you REALLY think a "20% cooldown reduction but reduces the effect time by 14% and increase the effect by 5%" is an interesting choice? (And one that's easy for the average player to figure out what's best?)

Priest minor glyphs are cool, but there's not much choice there. You get wings, change your orbs, and change your mindbender.

Hunters actually have one of the better set of glyphs, but for many of the other classes, the glyphs are just lame.

I would like to see a lot more cosmetic glyphs, giving a lot more visual options.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I have a hard time choosing minors for my priest and shammy.

LisaaraPokefarm

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

One glyph to rule them all...Zen Flight!! Its the best glyph ive come across...ever!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

More glyph = more customisation = good :D

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Slickrock

Myrrmi wrote:More glyph = more customisation = good :D
More customization and less oddball spell tweaks that are very situationally useful and you wind up going to IcyVeins to find out which is best anyway...
Slirith

Unread post by Slirith »

Wish they'd introduce rare minor glyphs that are heavily cosmetic but rare to get(Randomly learn the recipe when making glyphs)

Example would be a mirror pet that does zero damage or something along the lines, or spirit beast forms for druids etc
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

Slirith wrote:Wish they'd introduce rare minor glyphs that are heavily cosmetic but rare to get(Randomly learn the recipe when making glyphs)

Example would be a mirror pet that does zero damage or something along the lines, or spirit beast forms for druids etc
^ If they do that I want to be able to tame the fire cat form. lol

Anyway I've been kicking around the idea with my bro that they could do a single cosmetic glyph (set in the center of the glyph chart for example) that does things like tattoos, scars, sub race looks (iron dwarfs, mech gnomes, Taunka etc). Just my $0.02 thrown in the what if ring. Even if it was not done now it be cool down the pike.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.