Retiring pets?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Windwolf
Realm: Agamaggan

Retiring pets?

Unread post by Windwolf »

So we all love our pets. Some of us are unlucky that we didn't get the chance to tame the ghost Hydra (Spirit of Atha), Ghost Croc (Spirit of Ha-Khalan), and the Green Slime (Spirit of Koosu) during the WotLK bug. I nearly missed the chance to tame the green larva from Un'Goro Crater and the Amber Parasite from Dread Wastes. Here's my question....Anyone know of any pets that will be untameable on or before the the expansion? Sure would like to keep it or tame it before that "Surprise Retirement".
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Retiring pets?

Unread post by Wain »

Nothing I'm aware of. All of those are special cases of things that were never meant to be tameable but they took their time in correcting. I can't think of anything like that at the moment. Nor any special instances / phases with unique pets that might vanish at the end of MoP.

If anything, we can always hope that grubs will return, with the announcement that a lot of models will be added to existing families. It's a narrow hope, though, I know ;)

And it's quite possible we would see another ghost hydra, since hydras will now be tameable.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

I think blizz sould make more unique pets randomly/ect. like differ pets/skins n effect, non exploit ect so on.
Last edited by Divixon on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am all for "retired" or "unique" pets to make it back into their respective families. The more different models in a family the better :D

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd love for retired pets to come back. The Ghost hydra will likely be coming back cause it is a hydra.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I would, too. I still feel guilty we couldn't get my friend the ghost wolf because none of us had the drums. :/
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I don't think we will find pets like that until everyone is in the beta and the game is much closer to its release date. right now we don't know what changes will take place in the world so its hard to predict who will say and who will go. (Remember the scorpions and silithids from cata that were unique for a while?)
I doubt you will see much of that this xpack since unlike cata they are not changing zones we already have so if we get something new it will probably be due to a minor mess up during a wod patch like in the case of the hydra and worms.

Rhah
Realm: Lothar

Unread post by Rhah »

Not sure if it will stay but on the rework of Blackfathom Deeps someone on mmo-champ noticed that Ghamoo-Ra had the dragon turtle model and not the old ancient (non fiery) turtle model. Not sure if this was mistake on their part or will go live, but I went and grabbed him.

(Only reason I even need him is I accidentally got rid of my Terrorpene which I got when realms weren't connected and it was a little easier to get him, now with multi-realm its like near impossible... so mad.)
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Rhah wrote:Not sure if it will stay but on the rework of Blackfathom Deeps someone on mmo-champ noticed that Ghamoo-Ra had the dragon turtle model and not the old ancient (non fiery) turtle model. Not sure if this was mistake on their part or will go live, but I went and grabbed him.

(Only reason I even need him is I accidentally got rid of my Terrorpene which I got when realms weren't connected and it was a little easier to get him, now with multi-realm its like near impossible... so mad.)
Actually behind the boss in BFD is "Son of Ghamoo-Ra" and he used the ancient sea turtle model and is tamable.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Ghost boar might not be with us for WoD, they are changing RfK and don't seem to be summoned anymore :| :mrgreen:

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

@Rhah - Taming Ghamoo-ra now and keeping his skin may also result in his becoming a dragon turtle just FYI. He's changing to this skin:

So if he is tamed now and maintains his NPC ID after WoD hits he will be a black-ish green dragon turtle. Which if you want that then yes tame him before WoD as he currently IS NOT tamable in WoD.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Rawr wrote:Ghost boar might not be with us for WoD, they are changing RfK and don't seem to be summoned anymore :| :mrgreen:
This Is the only one that I know of also. The Armored Brown Ghost Boar that is currently summoned by Aggem Thorncurse are actually tameable even though they are a summon pet, and they last for 1 min. This is the only known source of these in a ghostly appearance.

In the new WoD Version of RFK, the boss Overlord Ramtusk has levelled up and become Warlord Ramtusk. His encounter includes two spirits that are current RFK bosses, Death Speaker Jargba, and you guessed it, Aggem Thorncurse. The only thing I don't know if is during this new encounter, if the now spirit of Aggem Thorncurse, will continue to summon the Armored Brown Ghost Boar. My guess is unlikely, mainly due to the fact that even though the dungeon is getting upgraded, it's level is still staying the same, it's not going to be a new lvl 100 "Heroic". And a boss that summons two other bosses, that then summon more adds seems a tab complex for a lvl 35 dungeon.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­