Cancelling an expired trialaccount

User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Saturo »

Can it be done? There doesn't seem to be a "Cancel Subscription" button, like for normal accounts, and that trialaccount happens to have a character with a super-duper-name of absolute awesomeness. That I want on another account.

Would I need to send Blizz a mail? Anyone have any experience with this?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

fatman
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:34 am
Realm: Aman'Thul (both sides)
Location: Philippines

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by fatman »

There isn't any "cancel". The trial account automatically cancels itself when the trial period is over. The "cancel account" is used to close active accounts (my opinion) and stop the billing process.

As for asking a GM to delete a trial account's character so you can use the name, they won't do it. Maybe you can ask a GM to "give" you the name when a certain amount of time has passed but that's it. I've read that Blizzard GMs can give you another character's name under certain conditions from the official WoW forum. Characters inside closed/canceled/hibernating accounts, even if they're just trial accounts, can't be touched, as per Blizzard policy.
User avatar
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1313
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:59 am
Realm: Nagrand
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Kayb »

You can't.

I've tried before, contacted Blizz and they said it can't be done. I'm sure it is possible for them to actually do so, but they wouldn't do it for me.

I guess you want the name on the same server the trial account happens to be on right?
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Saturo »

Yup. Also, I have two US trials, and I'm not sure which one to start payments on, as I don't know which holds the character in question, so closing one of the accounts should either delete the character in question, or leave me with the account that holds the character. If it can't be done, I guess I'll just be stuck without any options.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 5164
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere in a cornfield

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Teigan »

I have nothing useful to offer, but I'm really curious what the name is?
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Saturo »

Well, you see, I have a level 2 warlock on Nesingwary... Named Saturo...
And if I were to start paying at the wrong account, I'd kill myself.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 5164
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere in a cornfield

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Teigan »

Understandable! Though suicide may be too strong of a reaction..:P
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Saturo »

Hmm... Guess I could always run up to Blizz and punch them in the face too, but...
A bit far to run, you know...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Gala
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm
Realm: Nesingwary
Gender: male

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Gala »

you could probably send a GM a ticket and ask them to free up the name for you since it is on a low level, inactive character. That was how i got the name Gala when i decided to name change.
User avatar
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 5164
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere in a cornfield

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Teigan »

I picture "Blizz" as a large white bear. Now being assaulted by a tiny angry gnome. :lol:
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Saturo »

Well, I could do that. But then I'd bes tuck for days without an answer, and they might not even do it...

Either way, next month I might be on Nesingwary as well.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Mania
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2702
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Mania »

You may be able to contact Blizzard and ask for confirmation as to which account has the right character or it. You'll need to prove that you started both accounts (e-mail addresses, maybe? the trial codes?) but I suspect that since you want to start paying on one of the two they'll be willing to help.

You may have to spend a couple hours on hold with the billing department to get there, though.
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Saturo »

Yah, probably. The accounts are both on the same battle.net, so I guess I have enough proof.

IMO, they should just implement a way to cancel a trialaccount.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2144
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:26 am
Realm: Anvilmar

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I'm not even sure you can delete a normal account. Unless they changed it by now.
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Saturo »

AdamSavage wrote:I'm not even sure you can delete a normal account. Unless they changed it by now.
You can, but they changed the wording. It's called "Cancel Subscription" now. It deletes all of your characters, along with the WoW account.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2144
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:26 am
Realm: Anvilmar

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Ok I wasn't sure I was replying correctly as I do recall they wouldn't delete amounts before.
User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Unread post by Sarayana »

I'm fairly certain it doesn't delete your characters. Blizz is extremely averse to character deletion since they hope you'll return to the game. "Cancel Subscription" simply places the account in a limbo, awaiting reactivation.

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Post Reply