Cancelling an expired trialaccount
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Cancelling an expired trialaccount
Would I need to send Blizz a mail? Anyone have any experience with this?
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
-
fatman
- Apprentice Hunter

- Posts: 89
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:34 am
- Realm: Aman'Thul (both sides)
- Location: Philippines
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
As for asking a GM to delete a trial account's character so you can use the name, they won't do it. Maybe you can ask a GM to "give" you the name when a certain amount of time has passed but that's it. I've read that Blizzard GMs can give you another character's name under certain conditions from the official WoW forum. Characters inside closed/canceled/hibernating accounts, even if they're just trial accounts, can't be touched, as per Blizzard policy.
- Kayb
- Master Hunter

- Posts: 1313
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:59 am
- Realm: Nagrand
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
I've tried before, contacted Blizz and they said it can't be done. I'm sure it is possible for them to actually do so, but they wouldn't do it for me.
I guess you want the name on the same server the trial account happens to be on right?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/
'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'
http://lilwall.net
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
- Teigan
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 5164
- Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
- Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere in a cornfield
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
And if I were to start paying at the wrong account, I'd kill myself.
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
- Teigan
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 5164
- Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
- Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere in a cornfield
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
A bit far to run, you know...
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
- Teigan
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 5164
- Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
- Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere in a cornfield
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
Either way, next month I might be on Nesingwary as well.
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
You may have to spend a couple hours on hold with the billing department to get there, though.
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
IMO, they should just implement a way to cancel a trialaccount.
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
- Adam-Savage
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 2144
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:26 am
- Realm: Anvilmar
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
You can, but they changed the wording. It's called "Cancel Subscription" now. It deletes all of your characters, along with the WoW account.AdamSavage wrote:I'm not even sure you can delete a normal account. Unless they changed it by now.
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
- Adam-Savage
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 2144
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:26 am
- Realm: Anvilmar
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount
- Sarayana
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 4685
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
- Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US
Re: Cancelling an expired trialaccount

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3



