Gara Help Please!-Solved-Here is how

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Gara Help Please!-Solved-Here is how

Unread post by Shade »

Edit: I have managed to tame my Gara finally.

Some tips:

-If you cannot kill the mobs for the void lantern, get someone to help you. Those mobs are the hardest to deal with, at a low level, in the entire 'questline'

-If you die while in the void space after clicking the dagger, you do not have to go back for a void lantern. Just click the dagger again and go right back in.

-Get one of the buffs from the dranei statues. I took healing but the dps one should be helpful too.

-Ghost Gara will fight for you but you have to take her pretty close to the mobs to get her actually moving (I am used to kiting back so took me a bit to get her going in)

-Kill the voidcallers, not the voidlords when trying to get Xan to spawn.

-Xan spawns near the tree-if you are like me and venture outwards to kill voidcallers and avoid void lords, you might not notice him spawning, so check back every so often.

-For the boss-you CAN use your call garrison ability while fighting him. I died a number of times before I thought to try that.

-Get Glyph of deterrence if you can-it is pretty handy in the final fight-useful when the boss grabs you and starts choking you and also useful for when your pet dies, as you can revive him while in deterrence.
Last edited by Shade on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kyonarai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stonemaul

Re: Gara Help Please!

Unread post by Kyonarai »

I paid someone in general chat to help me kill the void twister for the lantern.

I don't know if anyone can help you with the actual void realm part. My only advise is to only kill the Void callers, and not the Void lords. The void lords hit too hard for me to kill. I was able to get the void callers down by constantly hitting mend pet and misdirection so I wouldn't get aggro. I used a turtle.

For Xan, I couldn't kill him fast enough with the turtle and it would kick me out of the void realm after some time, so since he doesn't hit as hard, I switched to a spirit beast(for the heal) in ferocity spec and was able to kill him and tame Gara.

Hope this helps. I'm currently stuck in que, lol.
Special thanks to Ket-shi!
snipeypants
Realm: Sargeras

Re: Gara Help Please!

Unread post by snipeypants »

I was able to kill the npc you need to get the lantern from kiting it along the ridge near the water and freeze trapping the wolf pet (i didnt kill the wolf) only killed the guy i needed for the lantern. Make sure you interrupt his spells. And yea make sure to kill the voidcallers (the casters with 206k hp) not the voidlords. I was able to get Gara 2 days ago at lv.92. Ill post pictures when the realms come back up.
Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Re: Gara Help Please!-Solved-Here is how

Unread post by Bluefire »

Gara wont "talk" to me. I am in BM spec and everything. I am currently level 97 too. Any suggestions?
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

The first time you do not need shadowberries, but the second time you do-have you tried it with some shadowberries in your inventory? You kill them from killin gthe silver female orc that spawns nearby.
Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

Shade wrote:The first time you do not need shadowberries, but the second time you do-have you tried it with some shadowberries in your inventory? You kill them from killin gthe silver female orc that spawns nearby.
I have not, thanks for the tip! I was afraid I had missed my chance to get this lovely beast.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

It is a pretty long quest-if you have not yet read the guide I highly advise doing so:

http://eyesofthebeast.com/2014/09/gara- ... ing-quest/
crimzon07
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by crimzon07 »

If I get phased out before Xan spawns does the kill count reset?

Alliance Hunter: Aeolus Stables
Horde Hunter: Shireivun Stables

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

thank you for that Shade! i got mine 1st attempt, i kept MD on gara while pet taunt worked well. XD

got it at lvl 91 no help from anyone but wowhead. + your guide = 1shot :3
took 5 tries to get the lantern, found a spot near the water between shadow and the ashran or w.e it was, used every cd - pet taunt ect downed him fast.

now to google for an hour sitting in SW for a name XD
otaktay

Unread post by otaktay »

I have the shadowberries and am in BM but Gara still wont talk to me. any ideas?
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Ziroth wrote:thank you for that Shade! i got mine 1st attempt, i kept MD on gara while pet taunt worked well. XD

got it at lvl 91 no help from anyone but wowhead. + your guide = 1shot :3
took 5 tries to get the lantern, found a spot near the water between shadow and the ashran or w.e it was, used every cd - pet taunt ect downed him fast.

now to google for an hour sitting in SW for a name XD
I didn't have any real issue getting the lantern, but then, I was 97 when I did that part. Killing the guy actually got me to 98. I entered the camp using camouflage and found a patroller and his wolf that went up and down a sort of dead end ramp above the river. After watching his pathing, I trapped the wolf well up the 'ramp' and took the guy out. Looted and camo again before the wolf came out of the trap. Then it was just a matter of heading back down to Shadowmoon.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Shade wrote:
-For the boss-you CAN use your call garrison ability while fighting him. I died a number of times before I thought to try that.

-Get Glyph of deterrence if you can-it is pretty handy in the final fight-useful when the boss grabs you and starts choking you and also useful for when your pet dies, as you can revive him while in deterrence.
I tamed her at 94 and never used deterrence, misdirect, or the garrison ability at any point in the entire line. I killed Xan first try with my Loque as my pet. I think I used Mend Pet twice on Xan but that was it.

Getting the lantern was definitely the hardest thing. I spent about 750g in repair bills before finally getting it. I could not get it from the guy patrolling that ledge because I found it impossible to trap his wolf and if I did manage to trap it, the trap would break too soon. I first tried it 92 and it just wasn't possible for me. At 94 I had to camouflage up to where a guy was standing still and the wolf was easier to trap. I just had to kill a patrolling Warrior first so she wouldn't aggro while fighting the lantern guy.
Ckat
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Ckat »

otaktay wrote:I have the shadowberries and am in BM but Gara still wont talk to me. any ideas?
I have the same problem. Did you ever figure it out?