Just came back from my hunter break. Found a problem.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Verzo
Realm: Hydraxis

Just came back from my hunter break. Found a problem.

Unread post by Verzo »

So I took a break from playing my hunter for a while. Had him since BC.

I used to tame a lot of those unique pets such as the Fire Boar and the Worgen (RIP Corvinus).

I was looking through my stable and found a spider with green fire on its face.

That's cool, but he also had a buff... This buff increases the damage he does by 15%.

I don't want to use him because I'm scared of getting in trouble, should I keep him in my stables as a show off pet, or abandon him completely?
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Just came back from my hunter break. Found a problem.

Unread post by Rawr »

I think if u dont use him and just keep him in the stables you'll be fine :D :mrgreen:

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

If I were in your shoes, I would hang onto it and just not actually use it. Maybe fart around in main cities and such, but don't do anything that could get you in trouble. I don't want to speak on Blizz's behalf and say you'll get in trouble for just keeping it, when you've had it for so long. Just don't do anything shady and I would think you'll be okay. :)

In fact, I kinda wish I hadn't abandoned my fire boar, now that I can't get it anymore. But, I remember the reason I let it go in the first place: that sizzling fire sound was obnoxious after a while. That, and the flames were so large that I felt they got in the way. I've thought about asking a GM to restore it, but I highly doubt they would restore the fire effect. I'd probably just get a regular boar. Oh well.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

If you don't mind losing the visual but want to keep the spider, enter an arena match. It will clear the buff.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd say find a way to rid of the buff, cause having it will likely get you into trouble. Enter an arena or put in a ticket to have them clear it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Taaveti
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: TW-Shadowmoon

Unread post by Taaveti »

Rhyela wrote:If I were in your shoes, I would hang onto it and just not actually use it. Maybe fart around in main cities and such, but don't do anything that could get you in trouble. I don't want to speak on Blizz's behalf and say you'll get in trouble for just keeping it, when you've had it for so long. Just don't do anything shady and I would think you'll be okay. :)

In fact, I kinda wish I hadn't abandoned my fire boar, now that I can't get it anymore. But, I remember the reason I let it go in the first place: that sizzling fire sound was obnoxious after a while. That, and the flames were so large that I felt they got in the way. I've thought about asking a GM to restore it, but I highly doubt they would restore the fire effect. I'd probably just get a regular boar. Oh well.
You could still try it though and hope for the best.
I got my oiled hawk back by petition when I came back for MoP after abandoning it for over a year (before Cata launched iirc due to lack of stable space).
I did however remember vaguely its name and the period I abandoned it though when Gm asked.
Rul
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Rul »

I would hang onto it, but obviously avoid using it in any combat scenario.

But then again, I am a sucker for "unique" pets. :)
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

just let it collect dust, never take it out unless farting arround in the garrison/ect