If anyone in beta can help get this to the devs...PLEASE

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

If anyone in beta can help get this to the devs...PLEASE

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

PLEASE!!!!! For the love of all that is holy, if anyone can toss it to the devs in beta or such, SAVE OLD VICEJAW!!!!!! He is BEAUTIFUL on Live and no longer available. Yet he is utterly destroyed by the ugly new models. He is my most precious pet. He is the entire reason I will tame a bear at all on any hunter I create. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Put the word out to save him while there is still time!!! I found out about the tragedy earlier tonight when I finally got to copy my hunter to the PTR. I literally cried and screamed in pain because it hurt so much. Bjarn and other rares are not touched. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OLD VICEJAW MUST BE SAVED! I have tweeted pictures of him from live to everyone I can think of but fear it will not be listened to. This pet means everything to me. To the point I would unsub if left as it is on the PTR. He cannot be replaced and the situation of my being able to tame him when I did is a memory I don't want to lose. Yet it was entirely because of his look that I tamed him when I was lucky enough to find him up during wrath.

PLEASE SAVE OLD VICEJAW FROM LIVE!!!!!!!
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: If anyone in beta can help get this to the devs...PLEASE

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Kerafirewing wrote:PLEASE!!!!! For the love of all that is holy, if anyone can toss it to the devs in beta or such, SAVE OLD VICEJAW!!!!!! He is BEAUTIFUL on Live and no longer available. Yet he is utterly destroyed by the ugly new models. He is my most precious pet. He is the entire reason I will tame a bear at all on any hunter I create. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Put the word out to save him while there is still time!!! I found out about the tragedy earlier tonight when I finally got to copy my hunter to the PTR. I literally cried and screamed in pain because it hurt so much. Bjarn and other rares are not touched. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OLD VICEJAW MUST BE SAVED! I have tweeted pictures of him from live to everyone I can think of but fear it will not be listened to. This pet means everything to me. To the point I would unsub if left as it is on the PTR. He cannot be replaced and the situation of my being able to tame him when I did is a memory I don't want to lose. Yet it was entirely because of his look that I tamed him when I was lucky enough to find him up during wrath.

PLEASE SAVE OLD VICEJAW FROM LIVE!!!!!!!
This was shock to many when we 1st found out, but an amazing new Dev (whom we call Shem for the time being) when back and added all the old looks back into the game for those of us left missing our old models. A full list of all of them can be found here...

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 55&t=23746

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

They need to find old vicejaw again then. As of last night (6/15) he is changed to the new model and ruined on the PTR. Still shows new model on wowhead as well. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a make or break for me. This pet is beyond special for me. Other rare bears aren't touched. Saw Bjarn and Arcturis at least on PTR while logged in. Yet finally get to copy my Worgen and his prize bear is killed with the new look. Unless just not reading right then. That would indeed be nice to know though so I don't feel my heart breaking and want to just unsub thinking about it.

My bear OLD VICEJAW is not on that list. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This one pet is special enough that it being slaughtered with the new look means I leave the game after just over 8 years with no unsub.

My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Though it isn't Vicejaw, Mongress in the ptr has the old model still. It isn't the same, I know, but the model is still out there :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm so sorry Kera, I understand the attachment of specific pets. :(

Unfortunately the original bear models will only be kept by 1 specific rare for each colour. In your case the original brown look is being kept by Mongress and not Old Vicejaw, so to keep that appearance you'd have to tame Mongress instead, and I know it's not the same, but I don't see them changing Old Vicejaw at this point when they've already picked the rare that will preserve the old look. They're not keeping *all* rares as the old models, just enough so that 1 of each colour is represented, if that makes sense.
Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

No it's not the same. THAT bear is special to me for so many reasons. I've never even heard of this other bear. And no it is not too late for them to change it or keep it. It's not even necessary for them to put in this crappy new model. It's just another way to tick people off and show they are going to do whatever they want to hell with the player feelings and such. So if that's how it turns out to be then please have this dev post here or have someone from Blizzard reply to my tweets. That way I can go ahead and unsub and get a refund for my paid time left. I only posted here because of hope the devs might get wind of it. Have been calling in twitter for this bear to get saved since these crappy models were mentioned. Yet thanks to my being against Blizzard for most of WoD, figure I just get ignored on Twitter. The forums are nothing but trolls so can't go there. Thought with this place being all hunter that someone might see it and get the word out. Haven't posted here in ages because of the atmosphere yet took a chance this once.
My precious guardians
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I, and I am sure all of us here, understand your attachment to your pet. But as Veph said, they kept that skin around with Mongress. They didn't have to do that. That shows they do care about our feelings. In regards to them not changing the model, I am afraid they won't. The bear is just one of many whom are getting updated models this xpac. But I am sorry that Vicejaw won't be updated :(
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Look, I know your frustrations. I still have my original Timber rare from Dun morogh - I was a Draenei hunter, but I traveled all the way there because I liked the zone better. I was a newbie, with no knowledge of what pets there were or how to play really... I just happened upon Timber by chance and fell in love.

I have had that wolf for close to ten years now. I named him Lupen after one of my favorite books at the time (no, not Harry Potter), and that wolf is actually the reason this is the username I've grown to use wherever I go, still to this day.

So clearly, this virtual pet means a lot to me for sentimental reasons much like your bear, and I would be a little sad if he ended up getting an updated model. But hey, I'd just figure he got a makeover like my toon - at the core, looks aside, it's still the same pet I tamed so many years ago.

At the end of the day, Blizzard cannot change something for a single or even handful of players; Old Vicejaw or Timber may have been special to you or me, but for another player it may have been another rare. So what then? They can't please everyone, but personally I greatly appreciate that they have tried their damn hardest by giving us access to the old models at all. They could have easily replaced them completely and not went through the trouble of adding the old looks back to these rares.
Last edited by Lupen202 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Lupen202 wrote: They can't please everyone, but personally I greatly appreciate that they have tried their damn hardest by giving us access to the old models at all. They could have easily replaced them completely and not went through the trouble of adding the old looks back to these rares.
My thoughts exactly.
Vephriel

It's very sad for people who have become attached to a particular rare, but as others have mentioned, it was really awesome of them to do this much and give us a way to go back and get the old models if we want to. I'm sorry that your pet is changing Kera, I'm going through something of the same with my diseased black bear, Grudge. He's being revamped to the new model which I don't like, but I'm going to go out and tame the new rare Grimrot which keeps the old appearance. I don't like switching Grudge because I've had that specific tame since before Cataclysm, but I'd rather have the old model. Unfortunately they can't make everyone happy but I really do feel they've done their best here, going back and giving us a way to keep the original bears if we want.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I had a red crab from back when you had to level your pets up, and the highest red crab was spawned by a horde (opposite faction) quest. I camped the area, waiting for horde to do the quest, then I communicated with them by taming nearby beasts and renaming them things like 'plzletmetame'. Eventually I got my message across, and they let me tame the crab. It was a lowbie, and a high level bodyguard (to prevent ganking), and I enjoy being able to talk my way out of a situation that could have ended in combat.

Captain D is my oldest pet. But it's not the same Captain D exactly, because when LK was released, the npcid of that pet got glitched, and it wouldn't engage in combat. So I replaced it. Yes, it is a little frustrating, but only for a relatively short amount of time. It's not like people really know the npcid of their pets anyways. I still remember fondly taming Captain D for real, that experience isn't erased just because I had to freshen him.

If it helps to have a RP explanation, Vicejaw could run away (when was the last time anyone fed their pet anyways), and has been last seen in Felwood, where some furbolg children called it Mongress.
Vephriel

Xota wrote:I still remember fondly taming Captain D for real, that experience isn't erased just because I had to freshen him.

If it helps to have a RP explanation, Vicejaw could run away (when was the last time anyone fed their pet anyways), and has been last seen in Felwood, where some furbolg children called it Mongress.
This is an excellent way of looking at it, I've done similar things in the past. :)

I hope you can find something that works for you Kera!
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

If youre quitting over a bear when the exact same model and coloring will still be available, then I dunno what to tell you.

Siggy under construction!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Vephriel wrote:
Xota wrote:I still remember fondly taming Captain D for real, that experience isn't erased just because I had to freshen him.

This is an excellent way of looking at it, I've done similar things in the past. :)

I hope you can find something that works for you Kera!
Thirding this!

The soul of the pet is what matters, not their ID number. I've got a bunch of pets who I've bonded with in various forms. Orpheus wasn't always a tarantula - some part of him will always be the pink scorpid I picked up in Terokkar back in BC. Atalanta, my ghost saber, managed to solidify herself as a regular snow leopard for a bit, but that wore off.

I get where you're coming from. Ursa's my baby and he got changed too. But as I've written elsewhere, I actually like him being in HD. Kalli got her polygon upgrade in WoD, so why couldn't Ursa in Legion? Sure, he looks a little different than when I first tamed him, but that happened anyway as we leveled together.

You get to choose where your priorities are. It sucks that you have to make this choice at all. There's a reason there was a huge uproar months ago. That's why the rares with the old skins have them. This is what the situation is. It's not an ideal situation, but it is the one at hand. Ursa and I have adapted. What happens with you and your bear is up to you.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Kalliope wrote: It's not an ideal situation, but it is the one at hand. Ursa and I have adapted. What happens with you and your bear is up to you.
This. And also fourthing (is that even a word?) what others have said.
I too was extremely broken hearted when I saw that my diseased black bear was going to be a poorly colored broken backed hipster bear. I too was ready to practically /ragequit or even go as far as deleting the toon. Just a wee back story. I created a fresh female worgen when they launched. I ran her all the way to Silverpine forest WITH NO BODY GUARD, no help at level 9. Lets just say she earned her mettle with me even thought I couldn't stand how bad the female worgen looked. See I challenged myself to max level a hunter with a very specific personal lore because of what I was going through at the time with one pet. From level 10 to 85 with one pet. I had to kill a lot of stuff and not die to the horde while I hit level 11. Soon as I did tamed my bear and went home. Rabid has been her one and only pet since level 11. She is now max level.
Had Blizzard not fixed the models there is no was I would have touched that toon again.
No the new bears aren't perfect.
But they definitely look better than when Blizzard first revealed them.

Why not try what I am (and some others) are doing??
Allow your current bear to change. If it's still not working out for you guys why not try and tame Mongress & see if that works out. If not. Then quit.
TRY!
That's all anyone is saying. It never hurts to try. And who knows. You may surprise yourself. :)

Honestly my dear I do feel you on this. I am JUST NOW coming around to evening trying to look at Rabid on the PTR. I am open to allowing him to change but damn it scares the shit out of me to be honest. All she's even known is THAT bear. What if I don't like him "new"? What if they clash? My thoughts run a mile a minute.
But the person I am NOW who persevered through my RL hardships feels my worgen hunter can try and persevere through this.

I hope you and Toby can persevere through this too.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Gonna have the fifth the sentiment. Try before judging. I know it's hard, but.....the soul is where it counts.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine