*Spoilers* Sylvanas in Catacylsm

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

*Spoilers* Sylvanas in Catacylsm

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Alright, I understand the reasoning behind Sylvanas making more undead. But at the same time, it's one of those things that just disgusts me. So I have to say that for once, and god I hope it's the last time, I agree with Garrosh.

Here is the link to what I am refering to. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... id=2000#27

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: *Spoilers* Sylvanas in Catacylsm

Unread post by Vephriel »

I can't even begin to describe how awesome this is. Always loved Sylvanas, and I honestly think this is badass. ;)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vephriel wrote:I can't even begin to describe how awesome this is. Always loved Sylvanas, and I honestly think this is badass. ;)
100% agreed. She's also showing some attitude against Garrosh, according to the transcript.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I hate it. I think she is completely in the wrong here. Under normal circumstances I'd agree with her, but this is her using the Lich Kings own tactics, and that is not okay in my book. So for once, and I hope the last time, I think Garrosh is in the right.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I doubt she'd do it if she wasn't forced to attack Gilneas. Besides, Arthas wasn't all that bad...

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

There is one thing I can't understand for the life of me. If they want to make Garrosh more sense able and eventually like able why did they change his model to something that looks like the lovechild of hellboy and shrek? I mean I can't even eat and look at him at the same time... They should change him back. ...I'd kill him either way,but still boooo blizz. :x
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Which is just more hatred for Garrosh. Whom I love to hate on at every opportunity. It does seem like the worgen are giving them a run for their money up there.

Vephriel

I understand why people would be against it. I've just always enjoyed the evil tinges that lurk beneath the surface of the Forsaken. Not going to lie, they're one of my favourite races and I enjoy the subtle complexities behind their motives. Sylvanas taking things into her own hands like this just excites me. I'd follow her down any path she takes.
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture Co - Nesingwary

Unread post by Zanidar »

Well from what I have heard, the horde is sort of falling apart. Vol'jin threatened to kill Garrosh and is thinking of leaving the horde, there is this with Sylvannas, The Goblins leader tried to sell them into slavery, and the Tauren leader died. I am not sure who is right in that argument though. Sylvannas seems to be the "Lich Queen" or something now.
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Vephriel wrote:I can't even begin to describe how awesome this is. Always loved Sylvanas, and I honestly think this is badass. ;)
Totally agreed! Sylvanas is definitely getting played up a lot more now which is fantastic, plus it's quite interesting to see that both Sylvanas and Vol'jin clearly have no respect at all for Garrosh. I'm wondering if we're going to see some sort of Horde civil war brewing during Cataclysm.

As for Sylvanas creating new Forsaken, what's the big deal? They're sentient undead. It's no different than other races breeding in their own way.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vephriel wrote:I understand why people would be against it. I've just always enjoyed the evil tinges that lurk beneath the surface of the Forsaken. Not going to lie, they're one of my favourite races and I enjoy the subtle complexities behind their motives. Sylvanas taking things into her own hands like this just excites me. I'd follow her down any path she takes.
Aye. Raising more soldiers might not be her best decision, but really, all they're trying to do is survive. I'd hate to see the Forsaken as the new enemy faction eventually, which is really the only objection I have.

Sylvanas is one of my favourite characters. Along with Magni. He's cool.

Vephriel

Anansi wrote:[...] plus it's quite interesting to see that both Sylvanas and Vol'jin clearly have no respect at all for Garrosh. I'm wondering if we're going to see some sort of Horde civil war brewing during Cataclysm.
These inner disputes are exactly why I enjoy playing the Horde so much. There's never a dull moment. I find their lore and continuing developments so engaging.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

It is COMPLETELY different from normal breeding. It's taken some one who has died, fallen in one way or another, and resurrecting them into a rotting corpse to do your bidding. That is an abomination by all means.

Veph has the long and short of it, though. It's evil, and she likes that. *Laughs*

Vephriel

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:Veph has the long and short of it, though. It's evil, and she likes that. *Laughs*
Pretty much. :twisted:
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I really love that Banshee. Not saying that what she's doing is -right-, but it's something I've thought she should start doing for a while. She's the Banshee Queen, she isn't supposed to be moral or natural. This is both immoral and unnatural, along with the fact that it's working behind the Warchief's back and imitating an enemy. It seems very "undead" to me. They don't have to care what the Orcs or any other spiritual being thinks.
I look forward to seeing how this plays out. Poor Garrosh, I'm actually almost starting to like the guy, and he's got a very unhappy Horde to lead.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Not really evil, they're just trying to survive. Raising dead people is their way of conscripting soldiers.

Vephriel

Yeah, to be honest I don't even see it as particularly evil. Perhaps skewed from a 'normal' way of seeing things, but that's the Forsaken. Naturally their morals are a bit warped after everything they've been through and become. It just seems sensible to me.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

How can you NOT consider it evil to force the fallen to fight for you? After all, they hate being Forsaken undead themselves, but they are going to do this to other people? It's absolutely, pure 100% dag nasty evil. They should be focusing harder on how to CURE their condition, and less on how to inflict other people with it. Which has been heavily hinted at before Cataclysm, which has tossed in this all new warlike phase for everyone.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Look at it this way Palladia. Your people is dying out. You have no way to create children. You are constantly attacked by enemies. Would you do whatever it takes to survive?

Vephriel

The fact is, though, that they could never cure themselves of being undead. Their bodies have already decomposed, I don't think there's any means of going back to a normal, living human being. They've been persecuted far too long. I think Sylvanas realizes there's no point in looking for a cure that will never come to be, and let's face it...no one else is going to join their ranks, not unless they're already one of them.

She's not wasting time on morality. She's taking direct action that will ensure the survival of her people - the people they've become, the scattered remnants of outcasts that have gathered together beneath her.