ZG Tiger Mount...WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

ZG Tiger Mount...WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Unread post by Vespias »

Well after running the tiger boss in ZG (as per the guide posted here on Petopia) for umpteen times I am extremely happy to announce that it finally dropped! I ran that so many times that my rep went from friendly to almost exaulted but seeing that beautiful black and orange tiger under me was well worth all the time and effort. When I switched from alli to horde the tiger mounts were the only thing I truely missed and now, thanks to Mank's wonderful guide on soloing the boss, I am finally as happy as can be being horde!

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Re: ZG Tiger Mount...WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Unread post by Cerah »

Congrats on the mount! :D

Do you have any tips for Hunters trying to solo this boss? Alll the guides I've read online pretty much say to forget it if you're not a tanking class, and frankly, I've been getting my butt kicked.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Quin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US )

Unread post by Quin »

No pictures?! :lol:

Grats on getting your dream mount! :D
Quiniel Suncrier

Mini-Pet Collection - Mount Collection - Tabard Collection

Many thanks to Ket Shi for the lovely signature and Moonlost for the wonderful avatar!
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Vespias »

OK Cerah, tell all the non-believers that a hunter CAN and WILL solo that boss! First off, take each of the 3 groups of tigers and the axe throwers one at a time and do away with them. For this phase I used my cat so stricktly DPS. Stand at your furthest range as the axe throwers can still present a problem. And be sure to heal your pet as needed.
Second phase and I switched out my cat for my crocoslime, a tanking pet. Now here comes that hunter magic that only we can do; position your tanking pet in the top corner that would be to your right as you came into the area. He should be put on passive and stay once there. Next run to the next set of gates and target the boss. stay at max range and cast misdirect on your pet. Fire 2 (and only 2) arrows at the boss and wait. He will run past you to your pet while everything else will come to you. Once they're all on you, feign death! If done right they will reset while the boss still attacks your pet. Turn, set your pet on aggresive and follow and rush in to help him.
Took me a couple tries to get it down pat but once you get it, it's the easiest thing in the world. Just have patience for the drop cause it took me a very long time before it dropped. My rep with the Zandalar went from friendly to halfway to exaulted before it dropped. Good luck and let us know when you get it...and be sure to flaunt it unmercifully to all the people who said you couldn't do it!

Unggoy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Eredar

Unread post by Unggoy »

Ive been soloing it for over a year, and nothing so far. Frats on the mount though. :)
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

welcome to da ZG mount club mon! :3
Attachments
Raptor acheviment.jpg
Raptor acheviment.jpg (501.46 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

woooohoooo! Grats!!!!!! ::sending brownies and confetti::

that is such a really lovely mount :D
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

CONGRATS!!! Excellent job and very well done as solo. I may have to try this strategy myself.....

May I ask your spec?

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Renle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Renle »

Grats! :D

I've been farming that guy almost a year now, and I've been exalted with the Zandalar for a while lol
Darn you RNG!
*shakesfist*

~•*¨*•.¸¸Running Wild!¸¸.•*¨*•~

~Krypto~ | ~Raiden~ | ~Rush'Kah~

~Mini Pets | Armory | Mounts~

My Dragon Cave
^ Clickeh ^

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Thanks for the tips Vespais. I'll be sure to give that a try next time I'm mount/small pet farming in there.

And grats again :D

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Taskana
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Taskana »

gratz!
The tiger is my favorit mounts behind Anzu^^
So don't tried him bad! :P

But I'm just happy that a mage can solo the tigerboss, so I don't have to roll on it with another player, yeeeha!
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Vespias »

Rhyela wrote:CONGRATS!!! Excellent job and very well done as solo. I may have to try this strategy myself.....

May I ask your spec?
BM but after you get the hang of it I'm sure any of the three can do it problem free.

Quin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Quin »

Vespias wrote:OK Cerah, tell all the non-believers that a hunter CAN and WILL solo that boss! First off, take each of the 3 groups of tigers and the axe throwers one at a time and do away with them. For this phase I used my cat so stricktly DPS. Stand at your furthest range as the axe throwers can still present a problem. And be sure to heal your pet as needed.
Second phase and I switched out my cat for my crocoslime, a tanking pet. Now here comes that hunter magic that only we can do; position your tanking pet in the top corner that would be to your right as you came into the area. He should be put on passive and stay once there. Next run to the next set of gates and target the boss. stay at max range and cast misdirect on your pet. Fire 2 (and only 2) arrows at the boss and wait. He will run past you to your pet while everything else will come to you. Once they're all on you, feign death! If done right they will reset while the boss still attacks your pet. Turn, set your pet on aggresive and follow and rush in to help him.
Took me a couple tries to get it down pat but once you get it, it's the easiest thing in the world. Just have patience for the drop cause it took me a very long time before it dropped. My rep with the Zandalar went from friendly to halfway to exaulted before it dropped. Good luck and let us know when you get it...and be sure to flaunt it unmercifully to all the people who said you couldn't do it!
I shall have to try this! I love the tiger mount and want it badly, but its so hard to get a group and I didn't know this trick. :D
Quiniel Suncrier

Many thanks to Ket Shi for the lovely signature and Moonlost for the wonderful avatar!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I have been using this little trick above, for quite some time now, but the main problem can getting a raid group. That said, I also have a little trick for that too.

Now I know some people may not like to pvp, however you don't really have to actively participate if you really hate it, just hang around WG for a little. Sign yourself up for the next WG battle, when your called to participate, accept and wait for it to take it's course. One thing about this type of pvp, is that you only group with those on your sever. Which means at the end of WG, and the battle is done, you will actually remain in the raid group until you leave it. Now I normally find, about 80% of the time at least one person logs off, during or after WG and the rest normally end up leaving the group to do their own thing. Quite often leaving you in a raid with only one or two others. Even if everyone leave the raid, if someone has logged off you are actually still in a raid group until they log on and leave group. This can give those whom don't have the ability to get raid groups easily, a way to get one.

**A note to be aware of**

One thing that can happen, and it has to me, but on very rare occasions, is that the person/s left in your raid group have already done the raid you wish to explore and killed some bosses in them. If this has happened and it's an old world raid, you will be automatically saved to their progress. There is no "3/9 bosses killed, would you like to enter" option, it's just an auto save to their progression. But if it does happen, you may just have to try again in a few more days. Best of luck all on your pretty kitties and ravishing raptors!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

Big cakes on your elusive tiger mount. Once I hit 80, I'll have to pick up the courage to try your strategy and get the kitty mount, too.
Quin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Quin »

Speaking of the raptors, is there a way to solo the raptor boss? :o I love that mount as well. :D
Quiniel Suncrier

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Quin wrote:Speaking of the raptors, is there a way to solo the raptor boss? :o I love that mount as well. :D
There certainly is ;)
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=717

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Wait, you can "trick" the Tiger boss so that his adds wont attack with him?

*edited to say trick
Last edited by Royi on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Renle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Renle »

Wait, you can "bug" the Tiger boss so that his adds wont attack with him?
I don't see it as 'bugging per-say, but simply loosing his adds.
It's a perfectly normal strategy of a hunter to MD and FD, and that's all it is really :P

Spiritbinder, I do that too, but only as a 'Last resort' type of thing because of the risk of running into another persons lockout.
Normally what I do is I get a friend or a guildy to help me out. I just ask them to join me in a raid group for a moment, log onto an alt, ask them to invite the alt, and then the guildy or friend are free to leave. You stay in a raid group with yourself, and thus are free to explore any raids for as long as you wish without inconveniencing anyone else, or worrying your raid group may get disbanded. :)

~•*¨*•.¸¸Running Wild!¸¸.•*¨*•~

~Krypto~ | ~Raiden~ | ~Rush'Kah~

~Mini Pets | Armory | Mounts~

My Dragon Cave
^ Clickeh ^

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Renle wrote:I just ask them to join me in a raid group for a moment, log onto an alt, ask them to invite the alt, and then the guildy or friend are free to leave. You stay in a raid group with yourself, and thus are free to explore any raids for as long as you wish without inconveniencing anyone else, or worrying your raid group may get disbanded. :)
^ This is what I often do as well, works like a charm. ^^