Raiding spec

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Raiding spec

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I'm just curios to see what ppl use for for raiding spec wise and how you have your talents laid out. Here is mine as I have it now. I have more then enough hit so I'm gonna be taking 3 points out of focused aim. I'm just on the bench to where to put them. I thought about putting them into rapid fire to reduce it's cooldown. I always see hunters with points in wyvern Sting and noxious stings. I don't see how that would really give you a dps increase. Alot of the time's I find the bosses are Immune to wyvern sting and it has no effect on them.

Thoughts.

=====> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... n+of+Light <=====
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Re: Raiding spec

Unread post by kairii »

MM ftw <3

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n&n=Kairii click talents cas for soe reason my firefox wont load page -.-

why i have hawk glyph in when im MM and obv use dragonhawk .. i heard it worked and have been testing it

[Serpent Sting] [Aimed Shot]+[Silencing Shot] [Chimera Shot] [Arcane Shot] [Steady Shot]

aimed and sliencing always at the same time

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I raid as both MM and BM depending on the particular encounter. you can see my specs at:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... rhtml=true
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I never really caught on to marks. It's a good pvp spec for the silencing shot but that's all I really liked out of it.
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

AdamSavage wrote:I always see hunters with points in wyvern Sting and noxious stings. I don't see how that would really give you a dps increase. Alot of the time's I find the bosses are Immune to wyvern sting and it has no effect on them.
It's a dps increase because of the second part of the tooltip:
Increases all damage done by you on targets afflicted by your serpent sting by 1/2/3%
My SV spec (and my pet Rafa's) are pretty cookie cutter raid specs. Even though I don't raid anymore, I love theorycrafting and eking out that extra bit of dps, and as far as SV goes, this spec is it. Sadly I've no clue about MM, though I'm thinking of switching my secondary spec to something like this (I'm undecided on glyphs...).

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kalliope's current marks raiding spec

Glyphs: aimed, serp, chimera

Cerberus's spec

As surv, I think you've already gotten some really solid advice. I think Sarayana's spec is good; I'd personally drop a point out of Hunting Party and into Resourcefulness (you want that Black Arrow cooldown as short as possible). Be sure to change your glyphs too; you don't need Glyph of Mending in raids.

You don't really need the points in arcane shot for marks raiding, Sara; the improved steady shot points are better for the long run. Otherwise, looks good. ^_^

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Kalliope wrote:As surv, I think you've already gotten some really solid advice. I think Sarayana's spec is good; I'd personally drop a point out of Hunting Party and into Resourcefulness (you want that Black Arrow cooldown as short as possible). Be sure to change your glyphs too; you don't need Glyph of Mending in raids.

You don't really need the points in arcane shot for marks raiding, Sara; the improved steady shot points are better for the long run. Otherwise, looks good. ^_^
Ty! You know, I don't know why I didn't grab 3/3 resourcefulness... /facepalm *slinks off to respec* :oops:

And thanks for the input on my MM spec, like I said I really don't have much clue about that spec... :roll:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#cxbhzLhZ ... Ikgkqo:Ifb
This is my MM Raiding Spec, and my Pets specs are basically Cookie Cutter Raid Pet Specs.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Best major Glyphs for MM are Steady Shot, Serpent Sting (absolutely essential), and Trueshot aura. The minor Glyphs make no difference really except it is nice to have the FD one and I have the Pack glyph to help guildies run back after wipes. The Mending one is also good since it makes feeding a ferocity pet almost unnecessary.

My Major Glyphs in the BM spec are Bestial Wrath, Hawk, and Steady Shot.
Kalliope

TSA is a terrible raiding glyph because there's almost always another class with a buff that causes TSA to fall, so the glyph gives you absolutely zero benefit. I REALLY wish Blizz would fix that.

I'm debating grabbing the steady shot glyph again myself, but am unsure as to whether I'll be dropping aimed shot or chimera. Kill shot is also a good raiding glyph, but I prefer having a glyph that works all the time, not just on raid bosses.

YouTube Edition

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Agreed about the TSA glyph, and ChS glyph is extremely useful, because while one second doesn't seem important, it brings the CD down to 9 sec, which is divisible by 1.5 w/o a remainder, which means 6 GCD's and its up again, instead of 6 GCD's and waiting either 1 sec, or shooting a StS and missing .5 sec.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Kalliope

Gimlion wrote:Agreed about the TSA glyph, and ChS glyph is extremely useful, because while one second doesn't seem important, it brings the CD down to 9 sec, which is divisible by 1.5 w/o a remainder, which means 6 GCD's and its up again, instead of 6 GCD's and waiting either 1 sec, or shooting a StS and missing .5 sec.
^ This.

I hate math. >_<

But this is why I don't really want to drop the aimed shot glyph either. Having both cds shorter means that both are up sooner, which I like.

Dropping the serpent glyph isn't an option, since that buffs chimera too.

So it's basically aimed vs. steady for me and I really don't know whether to swap out or not. *grumps*

YouTube Edition

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Kalliope wrote:TSA is a terrible raiding glyph because there's almost always another class with a buff that causes TSA to fall, so the glyph gives you absolutely zero benefit. I REALLY wish Blizz would fix that.

I'm debating grabbing the steady shot glyph again myself, but am unsure as to whether I'll be dropping aimed shot or chimera. Kill shot is also a good raiding glyph, but I prefer having a glyph that works all the time, not just on raid bosses.
You are absolutely wrong. Read up on it and you will find that the effect of the TSA glyph is NEVER lost. I raid all the time and the buff icon for TSA is never lost. This is something that was fixed long ago. It is a far better glyph than any of the others except the serpent sting one. The Chimera glyph seems on the surface to be good but in actuality does very little and the same is true for the kill shot one. The Aimed glyph is also relatively weak. If you have Excel, grab the hunter dps spreadsheet from elitist jerks and play with combinations of Glyphs. You will see that Steady,Serpent,TSA is the best combination. You may also be able to do it with the online version of the sheet at femaledwarf.com. My Aimed shot crits about 85% of the time and it is partially because of the TSA Glyph.
Kalliope

Danielfboone wrote:
Kalliope wrote:TSA is a terrible raiding glyph because there's almost always another class with a buff that causes TSA to fall, so the glyph gives you absolutely zero benefit. I REALLY wish Blizz would fix that.

You are absolutely wrong. Read up on it and you will find that the effect of the TSA glyph is NEVER lost. I raid all the time and the buff icon for TSA is never lost. This is something that was fixed long ago.
I did a bit of browsing in another thread here and discovered that this was fixed in patch 3.3. While this isn't exactly "long ago," as you claim, your point stands; my information is outdated and Blizz actually DID fix the problem.

*goes to tinker*

YouTube Edition

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Well 3.3 is kinda long ago to me as we are on 3.3.2 now and I never had a MM spec until about 3 weeks ago. I'm sorry if the tone sounded a little harsh, it wasn't meant that way.
Kalliope

Danielfboone wrote:Well 3.3 is kinda long ago to me as we are on 3.3.2 now and I never had a MM spec until about 3 weeks ago. I'm sorry if the tone sounded a little harsh, it wasn't meant that way.
Yeah, it's not like it was the last patch, so I should have been on top of things. I actually threw arcane shot back in my rotations after doing fights like Hodir, where magic shots got buffs, then never pulled it back out. Between removing that and putting the steady glyph back in, my dps has already gone up. :)

I've played marks a long time, so something that had been true since the beginning of the expansion changing a couple of patches back is new to me. :)

YouTube Edition

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cf%C3%A5il

I'm marks, but this is what I use. Not sure on the whole TSA glyph, but I'll look into it. I use KS glyph which I've been looking to possibly replace. I find I use KS a lot when raiding and during progession fights having that KS come up a little more often "feels" better when trying to get those last few precious hp, but.. I'm flexible.

Those +hit talent points are definitely elsewhere on my toon now, but I may drop them back in once I get more arp gear (that usually has no hit rating).

Play with http://www.femaledwarf.com and see what works best for you.

edit: just confirmed TFA works better for me than KS and I'm re-glyphing next chance in game.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.