BM discussion Thread on the forums

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Renle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Scryers

BM discussion Thread on the forums

Unread post by Renle »

Worba aka Khitsune posted two thread up in the forums I think should be supported. They are concerning the BM's ability to tame exotics (maybe making this ability available to BM hunters much sooner) and the level 10 BM ability.

I'd like to see some more petopian Beast Masters in there putting in some more feedback on the BM spec and what we'd like to see in cata ;)

Hope ya'll don't mind that I posted this little heads up xP

Hunters Forums:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 6&sid=1#18

Suggestion Forums:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 3213&sid=1

~•*¨*•.¸¸Running Wild!¸¸.•*¨*•~

~Krypto~ | ~Raiden~ | ~Rush'Kah~

~Mini Pets | Armory | Mounts~

My Dragon Cave
^ Clickeh ^

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: BM discussion Thread on the forums

Unread post by Vephriel »

This poster just summed up everything in a perfect nushell: (at least in my opinion)
Make exotics a passive tree talent since now you -have- to spec into a tree to get its bonuses. Roll the 4 extra pet talent points into a new 31 pt talent and call it a day. Distinguish the BMs at an early level with the exotics without the added balancing hassle with the 4 pts.
Renle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Renle »

Yar!

Also Khitsune seemed to say the same thing later:
Leave everything else where it is now, including the +4 pet talent points, and just make the tame exotics ability a talent tree passive, just like sheath of light and all the other talent tree passives for other classes.

Intimidation? Stays right where it is now.

Problem solved.
While I still don't think intimidation is as sparkly as some other abilities that could be there, this would be an acceptable fix imo. :)

My Dragon Cave
^ Clickeh ^

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

It's funny how they seem to think a pet would be unstoppable because it starts off with 4 talents points at lvl 10..It really wouldn't make a huge difference. 2 points in cobra reflex's just makes the pet attack faster but at the cost of each hit doing less dmg. Spiked collar is really the only true dps talent and you can only put 1 point into it. So 3% more dmg with all attacks is going to make a pet overpowered ? Hardly at all.
Silvarain
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary Horde, Azjol-Nerub Alliance
Location: lost in a dark isolated forest, waiting to be found...

Unread post by Silvarain »

im with you Adam, +4 pet points<MM/SV shots

im not sure what died up the butt of that one dude, but i could NOT stay reading the forum... i was so about to hulk out on him...
Last edited by Silvarain on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron: "Up next, is the world ending? But first weather with Ororo. Ororo?"
Ororo: "It's raining frogs, it's raining frogs. What can i say? Back to you."
Ron: "Thanks Ororo."

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Explosive shot @ lvl 10 is overpowered. Alot of hunters that don't really know there class in that thread.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I'd like them to put Rhumba back in the tree as the last talent point. That would be great. It was the closest thing we had to a BM exclusive shot.
ImageImage
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Why do they keep saying taming exotics is just cosmetic? I mean Wind Serpent + Spider abilities = Silithid's web spray, and most other exotic abilities are 1 reg pet ability + another reg pet ability sometimes minus something. Just saying I don't have a worm(PvP Allstar :headbang: ) because I like tall pets, I have him because he eats more armor than a wasp and has a nature tick too. :mrgreen:

Renle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Renle »

Make your voice be heard Rawr! ;)

My Dragon Cave
^ Clickeh ^

Elvirra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Elvirra »

I know I won't be rolling a new hunter when Cata hits (have my main to get to 85 first,then my Mage,Druid and Shammy),but I agree 100% with what has been suggested here. Exotics at that level would be awesome,and hopefully not OP at all,considering they're not
as powerful as regular pets. People are just jealous of our exotics anyway. ;)

Kitairra

Edit: I'll log onto the forums after work and add something...lol! Hopefully constructive this time...lol!
ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

Reading all the stuff going on with BM hunters, and then getting on the PTR to look it over. I have to say... I'm disappointed in everything that has happened with the tree. It seems that BM's are just not as interesting as they once were =/ or at least not as up to par as MM and SV

Honestly, I played BM since Vanilla, and I am NEVER going to change but all these little things are just down right infuriating me!

TBW no longer blocking anything, fear... etc... THAT doesn't sit very well with me. I don't mind the extra damage but you are ENRAGED... you should be shocked off with the next fear to come your way.

I don't feel, like many others have said, Intimidation is the 'core' spec for a BM hunter. I was turned off of my level 10 Test Hunter on the PTR because of that and merely went to SV instead. Because hey, Explosive Shot at level 10? Heck yeah I'll love that. Intimidation isn't spec defining for us BMs... I would rather have Tame Exotics at level 10 or heck, BW at level 10. Those are a far more suitable thing than Intimidation. Since heck, my Kitty at level 10 is a truck and doesn't need that there to overly keep aggro away from me.

4 extra talent points at level 10 for the pet doesn't seem like a bad trade off either. But still, BM's need something far more interesting to their name. Not taming exotics until 69? Not having something as cool or shiny for a move at level 10? Oh yeah, it doesn't look good for those new hunters or the oldies who want to roll a new hunter.

Hopefully Blizzard hears us out... and at least changes something. This is just sad =/
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Drakkena wrote:TBW no longer blocking anything, fear... etc... THAT doesn't sit very well with me. I don't mind the extra damage but you are ENRAGED... you should be shocked off with the next fear to come your way.
Rogues get enrage effects and aren't immune to fear. Ditto many of the warrior effects (I'm not talking about zerker rage; that's different, cause that's all that one does).

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Silvarain
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary Horde, Azjol-Nerub Alliance
Location: lost in a dark isolated forest, waiting to be found...

Unread post by Silvarain »

Drakkena wrote:Reading all the stuff going on with BM hunters, and then getting on the PTR to look it over. I have to say... I'm disappointed in everything that has happened with the tree. It seems that BM's are just not as interesting as they once were =/ or at least not as up to par as MM and SV

Honestly, I played BM since Vanilla, and I am NEVER going to change but all these little things are just down right infuriating me!

TBW no longer blocking anything, fear... etc... THAT doesn't sit very well with me. I don't mind the extra damage but you are ENRAGED... you should be shocked off with the next fear to come your way.

I don't feel, like many others have said, Intimidation is the 'core' spec for a BM hunter. I was turned off of my level 10 Test Hunter on the PTR because of that and merely went to SV instead. Because hey, Explosive Shot at level 10? Heck yeah I'll love that. Intimidation isn't spec defining for us BMs... I would rather have Tame Exotics at level 10 or heck, BW at level 10. Those are a far more suitable thing than Intimidation. Since heck, my Kitty at level 10 is a truck and doesn't need that there to overly keep aggro away from me.

4 extra talent points at level 10 for the pet doesn't seem like a bad trade off either. But still, BM's need something far more interesting to their name. Not taming exotics until 69? Not having something as cool or shiny for a move at level 10? Oh yeah, it doesn't look good for those new hunters or the oldies who want to roll a new hunter.

Hopefully Blizzard hears us out... and at least changes something. This is just sad =/
im so glad im not the only 1 whos not wowed by the new BM tree! with this lackluster tree i cant be all too happy with the pet de/buffs. less cooldown here, boost that over there, i dont see any change that blizz said they were making; in fact: i see the same thing just in a different package. i hope things change because im not wowed with what i see so far :(
Ron: "Up next, is the world ending? But first weather with Ororo. Ororo?"
Ororo: "It's raining frogs, it's raining frogs. What can i say? Back to you."
Ron: "Thanks Ororo."

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Silvarain wrote:i dont see any change that blizz said they were making; in fact: i see the same thing just in a different package.
And that's what happens when you try to fix what ain't broken.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

Saturo wrote:
Silvarain wrote:i dont see any change that blizz said they were making; in fact: i see the same thing just in a different package.
And that's what happens when you try to fix what ain't broken.
I agree with you... seriously, BM was far better before this patch. They completely ruined it =/
Nimizar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore - US

Unread post by Nimizar »

Saturo wrote:And that's what happens when you try to fix what ain't broken.
2 button specs are broken (BM in Wrath wasn't quite limited to 2 buttons, but it was pretty close).

Still, while I don't think the tree is perfect by any means, I'm rather looking forward to having Kill Command as my main attack, Focus Fire as a stacking effect to manage (particularly with the variability from Sic 'Em and GffT affecting how long it takes the pet to build up 5 Frenzy stacks) and decisions to make as to whether I have enough focus for Arcane Shot without delaying the next KC, or if I should be building focus with Cobra Shot instead.

The switch to the focus system moves the emphasis of TBW from the damage bonus to the cost reduction (between Fervor and TBW, a BM hunter can let fly with 9-10 Multi-Shots back-to-back during Big Red. On a single-target, they should be able to manage 2 Kill Commands and 7-8 Arcane Shots before TBW runs out and still have enough focus to hit KC again as it comes off CD)

As far as making Beast Mastery a passive goes, you can't have it both ways. If it's a powerful and interesting effect, then it is suitable as a 31-point talent. If it is neither powerful, nor interesting, then why care when it is made available?

(One minor note: tree bonuses can scale with level, just like other spells. There's nothing preventing a Beast Mastery passive implementation that allowed taming of exotics immediately, but only started granted bonus pet talent points at later levels. I doubt Blizzard will do that, and don't really think they should, either)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I don't think we're going to see the exotic taming level drop, certainly not to lowbie levels, since they're going to be getting a second family ability over regular pets. Even if it's "just a buff," it's something the hunter generally wouldn't normally have access to otherwise.

Totally agreed on the rest, though; two button specs are broken.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

dalton_92

Unread post by dalton_92 »

cata killed my hunter soon as its out i can safly say so is my membership they killed us not just bm but our whole class face it less focus then a rouge wtf bm being nerfed more blizz if u h8 it so muhc get rid of it dam
speaking of bm now being shot in both its legs n tossed in the desert any 1 think we going to get into raids now hell no want to tame that level 50 something devilsaurs HA fat chance u got to w8 till ur 69 great m i right
THE ONLY WAY AND I MEAN THE ONLY WAY I WOULD EVER KEEP PLAYING MY HUNTER IS IF BLIZZARD MAKE BM CONTROL TWO PETS AT ONCE
thats it n it could be easy have them share the targeting system n all it really would be a eays thing to do(fat chance ppl would cry to much)

what im saying with all my txt type n horrible grammer is simple

R.I.P HUNTER
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

dalton_92 wrote:cata killed my hunter soon as its out i can safly say so is my membership they killed us not just bm but our whole class face it less focus then a rouge wtf bm being nerfed more blizz if u h8 it so muhc get rid of it dam
speaking of bm now being shot in both its legs n tossed in the desert any 1 think we going to get into raids now hell no want to tame that level 50 something devilsaurs HA fat chance u got to w8 till ur 69 great m i right
THE ONLY WAY AND I MEAN THE ONLY WAY I WOULD EVER KEEP PLAYING MY HUNTER IS IF BLIZZARD MAKE BM CONTROL TWO PETS AT ONCE
thats it n it could be easy have them share the targeting system n all it really would be a eays thing to do(fat chance ppl would cry to much)

what im saying with all my txt type n horrible grammer is simple

R.I.P HUNTER
What do you mean when it came out? Cata isnt out yet so your hunter is fine. It's only in the Beta right now and they could change it completely before its out.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

dalton_92

Unread post by dalton_92 »

when ITS OUT that doesnt mean its out right now and if it does my bad lol