Fox's in cata

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
ForestTroll
Realm: Emerald Dream

Fox's in cata

Unread post by ForestTroll »

Couple questions on these adorable foxes that are coming with Cataclysm D:

I saw the playful animation, but I also read other kinds of animals are getting "buffs" to give to people, now is this with the BM talent or are all the pets getting similar kinds of hand-out-able buffs?

And the other question I have is I saw where foxes get a stealth ability, now is this going to be their ability in cata or is this some sort of place holder?

And a general question: Can we pick what type our pet is cunning/ferocity/tenacity?

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Re: Fox's in cata

Unread post by Royi »

For this question: "And a general question: Can we pick what type our pet is cunning/ferocity/tenacity?"

No, go to the general Petopia website, and you can see that all pets are broken down into the 3 different classes. Birds of Prey will always be cunning, Cats will always be Ferocity, Bears will always be Tenacity, Gnomes will always be Tinkery, etc.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Fabi
Realm: Ambossar

Unread post by Fabi »

Royi wrote:For this question: "And a general question: Can we pick what type our pet is cunning/ferocity/tenacity?"

No, go to the general Petopia website, and you can see that all pets are broken down into the 3 different classes. Birds of Prey will always be cunning, Cats will always be Ferocity, Bears will always be Tenacity, Gnomes will always be Tinkery, etc.
but didnt blizz said that u can pick the tree u want for ur pet? O_o
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

That was a rumour, never actually confirmed by anyone from Blizz. I think it was mostly wishful thinking.

Not all the pets will get buffs - this thread details the new pet abilities.

Last I saw, foxes still have prowl as well as the tailspin ability.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

I think that rumor did hang around before LK was released. Even I once thought during then that that was possible for choose any one of the three. Still, I like the way we have it now. You just gotta have a diversity of pets if you want at least one of all three pet talent trees. Course, the limit is five pets, so you can only have one pet with a talent tree and a pair each for the other two trees.