4.0.1 and "Master" flying

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

4.0.1 and "Master" flying

Unread post by Skyshot »

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here it goes... :D
I found out the other day that flight trainers everywhere on the PTR now train the final rank of flying. It gives all flying mounts 310% flight and 100% ground speed. It's currently trainable at level 80 for 5k gold (without a discount).

Edit: It does work for flight form as well but the buff doesn't always show the correct flight speed. (At least it's been that way for me.)
Edit 2: Previously said that all ground mounts become 100% with this training. It was pointed out that this is from ground mounts scaling like the headless horseman and other such mounts. :)
Last edited by Skyshot on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: 4.0.1 and "Master" flying

Unread post by Sarayana »

It seems to be lowered with faction discount, another person posted somewhere on here (probably in Cataclysm - general) that she paid 4k, I think, with exalted status.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Skyshot »

Well that's good then. I was just so excited when I saw it that I trained it right away and only just barely glanced at the price. xD

<My whelps - My Dragons>
-Calvin and Hobbes

Sarayana

It's weird that it doesn't affect swift flight form by the way, since my husband's flight form flies at 310% after he got a 310% mount.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I'm going to wait till I get my 310% mount next week when brewfest comes out. I want to see what it's like on a live server that's stable first.
Sarayana

It's awesome, that's what it is. :D Took a little to adapt to it, I constantly overshot where I was going.

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Skyshot »

Sarayana wrote:It's weird that it doesn't affect swift flight form by the way, since my husband's flight form flies at 310% after he got a 310% mount.
It might just be my imagination but my druid premade does seem to be flying a slight bit faster. Not fast enough for me to be 100% sure though.
Either way, the flight form buff still said "Movement speed increased by 280%" after I trained for 310%.

<My whelps - My Dragons>
-Calvin and Hobbes

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Skyshot wrote:
Sarayana wrote:It's weird that it doesn't affect swift flight form by the way, since my husband's flight form flies at 310% after he got a 310% mount.
It might just be my imagination but my druid premade does seem to be flying a slight bit faster. Not fast enough for me to be 100% sure though.
Either way, the flight form buff still said "Movement speed increased by 280%" after I trained for 310%.
Speaking of druids.. I miss flying in old world on the PTR! That was fun and I don't know if they will fix that bug. I hope not.
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Skyshot »

I'm sure the bug won't make it to live but it was a lot of fun to fly on the PTR. xD We'll have to wait and see if it's still bugged once it's all back up and running.

Edit: My pre-made list just reset back to 4 copies so hopefully we'll be able to test sometime fairly soon. :]

<My whelps - My Dragons>
-Calvin and Hobbes

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Sarayana wrote:It seems to be lowered with faction discount, another person posted somewhere on here (probably in Cataclysm - general) that she paid 4k, I think, with exalted status.
*waves* Yup, that's me who said it. :)

And yes, on my premade, who was exalted with SW, who I bought it with, it cost 4000 gold.
Sarayana

AdamSavage wrote:Speaking of druids.. I miss flying in old world on the PTR! That was fun and I don't know if they will fix that bug. I hope not.
You got me killed, Adam!!! D: I read that trick here and went and tried it, and suddenly I just popped out of form in the middle of the sky! I cursed you the whole way down. (No, not really ... it was a lot of fun to fly around. :))

vvhooya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: scilla

Unread post by vvhooya »

having 5 310% on this toon I wish I can get one on my warrs....
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Skyshot wrote: Also all ground mounts become 100% (that means those old 60% mounts you have collecting dust at the moment ;D).
I actually want at least a couple of my slow ground mounts to stay slow, believe it or not. It's handy when you're babysitting lowbie guildies or helping them level alts, so you're not constantly running ahead of them.

Does anyone know if you can still get 310 flying for free if you go and farm a 310 speed mount, like the Rusted Proto-Drake, for example, or will you *have* to buy it after a certain amount of time? I really don't want to save up another 4-5000 G. I only have epic flying on my lvl 80 main, when I have 3 alts at lvl 70+. I need to save up for them next, don't need yet another long gold grind.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Unread post by Lohuran »

I think the Master level only increases your flight speed further. I don't think it affects the ground mounts, as stated in the first post. My lvl 20 mounts on the PTR move at 100% movement speed, and I haven't purchased master flight, yet.

At this time, I'm not entirely sure what riding skill grants your lvl 20 mounts 100% speed, but I'm willing to bet they just scale up, like the Headless Horseman's steed or the Sparkle Pony.
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Skyshot »

Huh I though it did... but then again I only tested my 60% mounts after I got the new rank for flight speed. Figured that was what caused it. lol
Either way, that's awesome. Glad to be running around on my unarmored mounts again. Black Wolf for my horde (Striped Frostsaber for my alliance) PTR toons. :D

<My whelps - My Dragons>
-Calvin and Hobbes

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I think it's a bug right now with it. Flight form is a tad different just because its a mount spell, and I think that's what triggers the bug.

As for 310 flying on all mounts... it's amazing.

If you can get it, I recommend getting the Purple Proto drake, then you get the training free :D

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I took over my huntress who has a 310% mount and there seems to be a bug, my 310% was 280% and I had to buy the master flying to get my 310% back :( :mrgreen: