Odd question...do not know if it goes here

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Odd question...do not know if it goes here

Unread post by Hisae »

Hello there my fellow hunters, I have been lurking on the forums and on Petopia for about 2 years looking at all the information, using the resources to get the pets I love to return to my hunter's side. (I know silly) Anyway, I have a silly yet interesting question.

Do you all have multiple hunters on one server or do you have them spread out? The reason I ask is I have a level 80 NE hunter on Whisperwind but I feel I want to make another BUT it will be when 4.0.1 (?) comes out so she can have the starter pet white saber (LOVE THE RIDING CAT SKIN & THE LION SKINS, lol) I have had some people tell me its silly to have two of the same class but I am really liking the hunter class alot. Actually out of all the classes on Wow, Hunter and mage are my two favorites. Well that's all folk!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Odd question...do not know if it goes here

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't think that's odd at all. Many of us have multiple hunters, and many on the same servers as well. I used to have half of my realm list populated by hunters, but I cut back so that I'll only have 3 in Cataclysm on my server. :3

I think the reason behind wanting multiple Hunters as opposed to other classes is the depth of customization you have when it comes to pets. I constantly think of characters or themes with matching stables and have the urge to create them. None of the other classes have that sort of draw for me, so I have no problems having more than one hunter since I enjoy each one in a different way. It's all because of the pets for me. :D
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Hisae »

Oh my...Lady Vephriel posted in my thread. :D I have become a big fan of all the hunters I have read on this forum. I wish we were on the same server but anway...*out of fandom mood* I made a NE hunter name Byakuren (White Lotus in Japanese) to be the placeholder for my 4.0 hunter who will have the name. I feel from what I learned from Solarii I can put toward my new hunter. I saw several pets I would have loved to have but I only had 5 slots so I ended up with just the three I have. I am planning on taking my time with my new hunter and hope I can be the best I can be. :D ;)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

You should join us on the Nesingwary server! That's where the Petopian guild is, and quite a bunch of us have made it our main realm. :) Even if you just roll an alt there for fun, it's a great group to hang out with.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

First: Hi, I'm Azunara! Pleased to meet you. Just don't hug Saturo, and you'll do fine here. ;)

Second: Yup. I have many hunters. I have my level 80 NE, Firewing, then I have my level 40 something BE, Terania. I'll make a human hunter come Cata named Xeyvron too. I loved how the panther looked with the male human hunter, and I'm totally getting one. Of course, I also have my druid who I love dearly, but isn't a hunter pet. Sorry druid-taming-fans, but no taming Azu! D:

Third: As little as I appear on Nesingwary, it's pretty fun! You'd enjoy yourself. Of course, Cenarion Circle is always awesome. :)
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I have two hunters - Aoani is level 30 and Sarayana is 80 - and two level 80 druids. I don't think there's anything weird about having multiples of any class. First of all, there are more than two specs (and more than one way to spec within a given tree), and secondly... well, it's about more than the class. I love my tauren kitty druid, she's sassy and fun-loving. My night elf is primarily a tree and she's more regal and calm. Two totally different characters to play, and heck, I don't even RP! Well, externally, I guess. Seems I actually do RP to some extent, doesn't it? *ponders* Anyway! An otherwise unobtainable pet is as good a reason as any to roll another toon of the same class. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Oh my goodness, I'm not sure this is the right place to ask that. I'm sure most of us have more than Hunter! :D

I've got a L80 Troll hunter on my old horde server (looking to swap to Nesingwary soon to be with more like-minded Petopians). Ikult was created in December '04.
I've got a L80 Night Elf hunter on my RP server. Etona was created sometime of summer '05.
I've got a L63 Night Elf hunter on another RP server- I made her a few months ago, I wanted to see old world Azeroth one last time before it gets shattered.

I've also deleted a L62 Tauren Huntress a long time ago, back in BC. I regret that, she had some killer pvp gear and was so adorably cute!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

ROFL

"multiple hunters" eh?

I have...almost ONLY hunters, and I have two accounts full on my server.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Hi Sol! Whisperwind is actually in my battlegroup, so that makes us neighbors! :D

I tried a second hunter (opposite faction) on my main server, but it didn't stick cause I wasn't really close to the people I knew hordeside. The Nesingwary gang from Petopia is now my home away from home. :D I like having all my various hunters from other servers (including my original blood elf alt from the home server) recreated on Nesingwary, so they all have a support group and friends. I also got Nastaran, my first horde toon EVER (my shammy), a home too when I recreated her as well.

Feel free to roll on Nesingwary with us! Then you'll have a whole new set of pets to hunt for (I expect our alliance side will expand a bit in Cata) and like-minded hunters as well. :) Plus you don't get the feeling of "omg, I'm wasting a spot on my main server >_<" with two hunters. I found it much easier to have multiple hunters on the same server when it wasn't my main server. :) And now I have room for all classes at home! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Welcome welcome!!

I have four hunters. Two ally, two horde and there'll be more coming when Cata hits. ;)

Come to Nesingwary ................ we haz cookiez and cakez

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

There are other classes...no wait, I knew that.

Yeah, uh, multiple is a good word to describe how many hunters I have across a few servers-though truth be told, most are defunct. And I have thus evaded any intervention my husband may or may not have wanted to give me.

Anyway, just on Nesingwary alone, there's Sochi, Shaon and Traia. Copperpin is my planned goblin huntress. Alliance side, I have a night elf hunter of mid-range level and have plans for at least one worgen hunter.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'll have 3 on the server once cata hits. x3 I do have mine spread out but its all good.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Hisae »

I have made a hunter on the server and she is of the same name as my alliance NE Hunter. ^^ I have noticed that Alliance Solarii is a ferocity hunter since that is the majority of her pets, 3 cats, I can't wait to get the other cats since I'm a cat lover. ^^ I think that is why I am making a new hunter on Whisperwind and not using heirloom gear to level her so I can experience Azeroth with a pet I ABSOLUTELY LOVE. Alliance Solarii just picked up a nether ray (blue one with purple gems) named her Houseki (meaning jewels, because the glowing spots on her head remind me of gems) and she is the pet I am planning on leveling with, or I might end up abandoning her for the white ray that is being tamable in Cata. I have a hard time deciding on what pets to keep because of limited slots. I think I will go get Azzere instead because I think he will be missing. So I want!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I have two level 80 hunters and a little baby hunter on Nesingwary. I plan to make more after Cata. It's all about the joy of pets. :D
By the way, I was glad to see you join the guild tonight. Welcome! :D
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Sorcha Ravenlock »

At the moment I have three hunters on Darkmoon Faire, the only server I play on. A level 72 nightelf who's slowly working her way up to 80, a level 43 dwarf who's mainly my storage character and who does low level dungeon runs for lowbies in our guild, and a level 23 orc who doesn't get played a lot.
Come cata I will likely make a human hunter to explore the new content with, and perhaps a worgen one if I do buy the expansion.
I had another level 41 nightelf hunter (my first) but she didn't get played at all anymore and I deleted her to make space for a new alt.

I don't see anything wrong with having multiples of one class. There are so many pets out there, you can't have them all on one hunter. And even when we get the 25 slots, you can't get them all out at the same time so I'm sure some will be more favored then others. Besides that, pets that suits one hunter (or your idea of that hunter) might not suit another one.

And, if you love the class and haven't levelled a hunter in a while it can be fun levelling a new one, especially in a game like WoW that's always evolving and changing. Even more so now Cata completely changes the 1-60 content and makes big changes to the class.

I hang and lurk a lot on MMO forums when I'm playing them, and you'd be surprised at how many people tend to have multiples of one class. Some have different races, or different specs, but they simply love that class. Usually they tend to be the ones giving useful advise about the class and they know all the ins and outs, because they've played the class so intensively and have tried pretty much everything there is to try within that class ;)

Cryptography
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dath'Remar, Cael, Moonguard, VeCo, Ness'ary (USA)

Unread post by Cryptography »

I too have loads of hunters. Over 15 of them last time I bothered counting. They cant all be considered "active" but get a bit of playtime every so often.

I've also got two accounts since I filled up all 50 slots on my first one. Now i've discovered the joy of dualboxing so am very likely to add further to my collection of hunter alts.

Nessingwary will likely see a bunch of new hunter alts created to try out the new combinations.

I also love warlocks as well, with about 12 of those scattered about the place.
Aylfric
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Aylfric »

I have just the one. Well, I have an extremely lowbie Horde hunter, but otherwise just Aylfric.

I ... PVP quite a lot. I just hit 70k kills. Getting from 63 to 70k was much more tiring than I thought, so I may just get to 100k whenever it happens, instead of trying to get it on any kind of schedule.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Having more than one character of the same class isn't odd, especially with hunters. So many pets to tame but oh so few stable slots (although this changes soon). I've had many hunters alts, at least six, although most never got above level 30. Right now I only play one hunter, which is my main.

I also have four druids; two at 80 that I regularly play. When you find a class you love it's not silly to make more than one.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Aeriika
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Farstriders, Shadow Counsel, Nesingwary
Location: Stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere being chased by this big black smoke

Unread post by Aeriika »

Solarii wrote:Hello there my fellow hunters, I have been lurking on the forums and on Petopia for about 2 years looking at all the information, using the resources to get the pets I love to return to my hunter's side. (I know silly) Anyway, I have a silly yet interesting question.

Do you all have multiple hunters on one server or do you have them spread out? The reason I ask is I have a level 80 NE hunter on Whisperwind but I feel I want to make another BUT it will be when 4.0.1 (?) comes out so she can have the starter pet white saber (LOVE THE RIDING CAT SKIN & THE LION SKINS, lol) I have had some people tell me its silly to have two of the same class but I am really liking the hunter class alot. Actually out of all the classes on Wow, Hunter and mage are my two favorites. Well that's all folk!

First off, Welcome to the forums :-) the gang here is awesome! As for your question. There's nothing wrong with having multi hunters. I personally have 3 on the Farstriders US server (my main server) with a spaceholder for a forth (I wanna Worgen Hunter), as well as hunters on other servers. I just personally like the class better then the others ::shrug:: nothing wrong with that :-)
"It's not the size of the DOG in the FIGHT, but the size of the FIGHT in the DOG!" - unknown