Most impresive pet tank moment?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ranshiin
Realm: Eitrigg

Most impresive pet tank moment?

Unread post by Ranshiin »

Tell us your most impressive pet tanking moment!

My pet, a warpstalker I named EbonWind off tanked much of Black Temple this week, he tanked High Nethermancer Zerevor during the Illidari Council, and when someone in the raid talked to Akama before our main tank had even gotten to the top of he temple my pet tanked Illidan during his phase one as well as tanked one of the Flames of Azzinoth.
Rottingham
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin; Illidan

Re: Most impresive pet tank moment?

Unread post by Rottingham »

One time, my very first time doing Utgaurde keep, Everyone in my group had died when he final boss still had 20% health left. With massive mend pet and lots of critical strikes, we were able to down him :)

Rottingham, Troll Hunter in the Petopians Guild

Check me out on youtube!

Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Back before the random dungeon finder, myself and a few friends decided we wanted to do Heroic Utgarde Keep but we were having problems finding a tank. After about half an hour I said. "Screw it! Grab us another DPS, I'ma gonna pet tank!" So we did. I think we wiped once on a trash pull went wrong but ohter than that it was a fun, if slow moving, run.

Spiritchan

Unread post by Spiritchan »

*clears throat*

When we were in Halls of Stone, fighting Krystallus, and our party wiped, except for me (hunter, obviously).
The healer released, and the rest of the party stayed at their bodies and watched me "die".
But I didn't.

My Peeps (tallstrider) tanked Krystallus.. with massive heals on my behalf. I ran out of range (so I wouldn't get hit by him, not even by his rock-throws or whatever), and ran back in range to heal pet - out, in, etc. That kept my pet (barely) alive, and me 100% alive. My hope was to weedle him down.

About the time I started feeling that I couldn't keep up with the heals on my pet (I started running super-low on mana), the healer (who had released earlier) finally arrived, and started healing. I jumped in, started shooting, and we took him down. :3 A lot of cheers for Peeps, the tenacity spec ferocity pet. XD (she's not the best dps, but she can sure survive a battle... as proven by that situation).
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

That tallstrider debuff may have kept Peeps alive there! ^_^

While not nearly as epic, I was VERY proud of my boy Ursa (my black bear <3) for off-tanking Moroes at level. Sure, all he was doing was eating blinds, but he still had to keep his threat up!

There have been other occasions where my pets have had to step up and tank to save wipes, but that was the first time I'd had a pet assigned to a real job in a raid. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Hanuremeap
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tenenas

Unread post by Hanuremeap »

My pet never tanked in a dungeon but me and my Dad (Resto Druid) used to do 3 man quests and use my pet (a ravanger called Kreature, Kre for short) as tank.

I remember many times saying to my dad "Just heal Kre. If Kre stays alive we all stay alive".

I <3 Kre :)

Hanuremeap & Kreature

My Dragon Cave

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Most impressive was my tallstrider, Hahadori, tanked Hakkar back at 60. For a patch Hakkar was bugged where his mind control (that always casts on the highest threat target) would disconnect you from the game. Hard to tank the boss when you are at the loading screen, so just for fun we tried with my pet tanking since pets are immune to mc, and it worked! Vent was hilarious with the healers screaming, "Heal the bird! Keep that chicken up!"

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

I just soloed Chillmaw for the first time today! I really didn't think Phobos (my Warp Stalker) had it in him, but on the third try, we worked out all the details, and took that frosty skeleton down! >:D

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ursa got to offtank a little in H HoR tonight. ^_^ Mostly for fun, but with the real tank lagging pretty badly, it was nice to have the teddy bear OT. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

My cat Shadowflame managed to tank the last 3% on Frosthowl in ToC 10 when our tanked suddenly keeled over. Go kitty go!

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

My devilsaur Deathclutch just tanked Hadronox last night in Azjol'nerub. The pally tank fell, so I turned growl back on and prayed he'd live. Thankfully the healer realized what was going on so he healed him. I was pretty frantic trying to get him to build threat so I don't know how much life the boss had, but I'm fairly certain he had just under half his life still. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.