Whose Your 1st Ever Rare?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Whose Your 1st Ever Rare?

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Hello, everyone. Before I say anything, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I joined Petopia last week after years and years of lurking. My main is actually a warlock now, but my go-to Hunter is my 3rd string alt., who gets plenty of day light!

Now onto the topic! Who was your first ever rare monster?

My first rare was on my first character, a Night Elf Hunter when World of WarCraft was released. I stumbled over Mist Howler and fell in love instantly. Unfortunately, I ditched being an Alliance on my server and started a Forsaken Warlock. Eventually I decided to make an Orc Hunter and while questing I once again stumbled over Mist Howler. So I tamed him again (but soon had to abandon him). Earlier this year, I decided to roll yet another Hunter, this time a Blood Elf and tamed Mist Howler for a 3rd time. I won't be abandoning him, not at all!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Whose Your 1st Ever Rare?

Unread post by Lisaara »

My first ever rare...

On Taluwen: Takk The Leaper. I loved him to bits. Leveled with him from 30 - 80.

On Lisaara: Shadowclaw was my first rare since the ghost saber doesnt count.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Unread post by Mockingbird »

Dirtyprotest has never tamed a rare beastie!
Kyonarai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stonemaul

Unread post by Kyonarai »

On Casdia: Timber.
On Antonietta: Humar the Pridelord
Special thanks to Ket-shi!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Teigan (who was my first ever hunter and character) tamed Timber as her very first pet. That was back before I even knew what a rare was...."huh, that wolf has some kinda funny dragon thing around it's little picture...weird!"
Grys's first rare was Mazzranache, aka Strangebeast. :)
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

My first one was also Humar but I didn't get him until I was level 70. I named him KalaSimba or simply black lion in a combination of African tongues. My first Spirit Beast was Gondria, now known as Shadowfang.
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

Humar the Pride Lord!
I think owning Humar at one point or another should be a mandatory rite of initiation for all hunters. xD
Pitch is smalltime.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

I remember I went out and Grabbed both Bjarn and Timber in Dun Morogh. I have them still with me (had to go fetch them from the "nanny" after 4.0.1) ~ I still use Bjarn regularly, because I love bears for solo grinding (pull 7-8 mobs let bear tank and multishot to death type of solo grinding)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Either Snarler in Feralas or Timber. :D I can't quite remember which one i got first though, but for Snarler i camped for good 4 hours.
Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

My first rare was also on my first character, a draenei huntress named Lynthe. I thought the Strider Clutchmother was just about the prettiest thing ever, so the minute I hit level 20, I set out to tame her. It was a pain! Her knockback caused my death many a time, but I got her eventually. Her name was Amalthea. :)

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Danielfboone wrote:My first one was also Humar but I didn't get him until I was level 70. I named him KalaSimba or simply black lion in a combination of African tongues. My first Spirit Beast was Gondria, now known as Shadowfang.
Yeah. I remember I rolled another Night Elf Hunter awhile back (before BC, I believe). He ended up taming Humar after a day or two of on and off camping. He's definitely cool. I wish I had a practical (RP'ish) need for him now, though. As it stands my Orc Hunter is exclusive to exotic rares and special skins (i.e., oil stained wolf), my Blood Elf Hunter is exclusive to white mobs (except Mist Howler, I ain't getting rid of him!), and my Troll Hunter is exclusive to LOA-skin mobs (i.e., Shadra). I was thinking about rolling a Forsaken Hunter and have him tame black mobs, but I'm thinking my Troll Hunter may pick up the black mobs instead. Decisions, decisions.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It was Humar for me. :) Back on my very first Horde character, a male Tauren hunter, I decided I had to have the black lion. That was also my first taste of 'rare camping'. I did some reading and found out how he had a long spawn timer, so I dedicated myself to sitting under that tree for 4 hours. That's nothing compared to the tame camps I've pulled now, but back then I was so exhilarated and proud when I finally saw him spawn in front of me and tamed him. ^^
Kittykat
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Kittykat »

Arash-ethis, the white windserpent in Feralas.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

No doubt about it:
Echeyakee
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Lady Vespira, I think she was called. Naga in Darkshore.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

My first ever rare pet was Nuramoc. After my bf pst-ed me in a panic about his mage almost getting eaten by a "purple dragon" in Netherstorm, I just had to know what that purple dragon was -- purple being my favourite colour, and dragons being, well, dragons. You can't believe how happy I was after looking up the purple dragon on WoWWiki's list of Netherstorm mobs that a. he wasn't actually a dragon, and b. he was a tamable chiamera! Then I saw his picture on Petopia -- it was love at first sight!

I spent 2 days circling his flight path in Netherstorm off and on before I finally found my alien-dragon-dream pet. I still love him to bits!

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Takk the Leaper, back before pet run speed got normalized.

Ofc since I didn't do pvp, it didn't matter, but it was kind of neat running him around the salt flats with EotB and comparing his times to other pets...
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

Back pre-BC, when I still played my alliance (over my horde) hunter, I set out and tamed Brokentooth due to my major interest/obsession with pvp (AV specifically). His formerly ninja fast attack speed (especially as a BM hunter) made him a very worthy ally against just about any class. Though his forte was casters for obvious reasons. Good ol' Magebane was with me until I got heavily into 40mans and tamed a new friend for the occasion. BT was still my designated meal ticket for pvp though. Once BC hit he got stabled and never used until I hit 70. Even then I ditched alli for a fresh start as horde when the same raid guild I was in at 60 merged with another raid guild and started to get far too immature and dramatic for my taste.

It's been a reroll I have yet to regret for years. :D

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Mazz was my first rare on my first hunter. So started my love for tallstriders, hehe.

I remember back when I started playing Strider Clutchmother wasn't even tamable. Later when I found out she was I made Wassa and got her first thing at level 20.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Razzy
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Razzy »

I can't remember my first rare tame. But I do remember that Mazz was the first rare I saw on my first character, and got the crud kicked out of me.