Taming rare spawns and the idiots trying to ruin your tame

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Theaden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US, Lightbringer US

Taming rare spawns and the idiots trying to ruin your tame

Unread post by Theaden »

This has been happening alot in Sholazar Basin and for Arcturis, during a hunter's taming: idiot lands attacks taming target and kills rare before taming is finished. Ever since the 4.0 patch more and more idiots doing the same then some have the nerve to cuss me out cause they can't loot it. Search for Airel on the suggestions forum about making the target not attackable by another player. Please support this post. Hopefully Blizzard will fix this.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Taming rare spawns and the idiots trying to ruin your ta

Unread post by Lisaara »

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Reinfel
Realm: Cenarian Circle

Unread post by Reinfel »

I have been lucky so far except once. I myself dont want Krush, but saw him up and alerted a fellow hunter. We had been trying to tame him, but his dang fears kept screwin us up. Anyways, There was an alliance hunter roaming around trying to tame Loq, as I also had been. We treated each other with respect.

So, I was somewhat shocked when he and some other alliance killed Krush. I am uncertain if he had anything to do with I should say, just that he was in the mix. Aside from that, I have lucked out and actualy gotten help from other hunters or other players on both sides or in most cases, Im alone and dont have to deal with such cases
Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Unread post by Mockingbird »

I've dropped from a flying mount onto a rare and opened fire before the hearts anim or the hunter's character loaded before now.

I felt awful, but it was a genuine mistake. Too late to save it from my DoTs :(
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

There are alot of ignorant players out there. Ive seen alot who basically dont care, the say OH I didnt see that you were taming it.. but folks if the mob is grey to you, and its not attacking you IT MEANS that someone else has already tagged it.

I think Arcturis spot is the worse spot ever and its mostly other hunters who basically are ignorant, and would either take the tame or kill it.
Even if the know you were camping there all day, they don't care. And will try to tame it or kill it if they can't tame it. I had the unfortunate experience last night to go away from the keyboard for a bit only to have Arcturis spawned and mid tame. The guy did ask a bit before but trying to type YES I want to tame it was hard.. so he stopped taming and I was all happy, then he said oh. So do I. then tamed it. He said sorry but still kinda stings.. have had alot of people swoop down and kill King Krush out from under me, Aotona as well.

Even Araga.. go figure that one. But people see RARE and think must KILL it.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

I had hard time with Arcturis, and now with Loque'nahak. With Skoll just had other hunters spam /shoo, but that didn't bother me much. With Arc horde hunters killed him while I had him tagged, twice. Now in Sholazar I've had my NPC scan tell me Loque is there, I've tagged him, tried to tame....only to realize it's a pet by a pvp-enabled horde who laughs and kills me. This has also happened twice. :-/

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!