Does OOC not like me?

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Tygamoon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Does OOC not like me?

Unread post by Tygamoon »

I was wondering if anyone else seems to be experiencing a loot bag problem. I will run OOC and NOT get a loot bag. Everyone else seems to get one. There will be 4 bags in chat, each going to a group member but me. I've thought maybe I didn't complete some quest but there is nothing in that area left for me. I thought maybe it was because my hunter never made it into the raid there, but I've got the bags AND drake on my paladin and priest (whom I've never took there as well). I've been the last person to loot, the middle to loot and the first but still nothing! I've had this happen about 5 or 6 times now that I'm keeping track and I'm starting to think I'm bugged. I wanted to come here and ask about it before bothering a GM just in case it's user error and is really easy to fix.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Does OOC not like me?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've had Heroic Oculus as my random dungeon countless times, and I can't say I've ever had a loot bag problem. As long as you physically go up to the chest and loot it yourself you should get one. Might be a bug.
Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

Are you joining OOC group through the random daily heroic dungeon option?
because you only get the bag this way, if you choose OOC through specific dungeon list - you will not get it. this system was inplemented to encourage people not to leave the group when they got Oculus as a random.
Don't panic!
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Congafury wrote:Are you joining OOC group through the random daily heroic dungeon option?
This was what I was wondering too. Kinda pisses me off - my main doesn't have the blue drake and I'd love to get it, but she's too well geared to get Oculus as a random dungeon. :(

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Sarayana wrote:
Congafury wrote:Are you joining OOC group through the random daily heroic dungeon option?
This was what I was wondering too. Kinda pisses me off - my main doesn't have the blue drake and I'd love to get it, but she's too well geared to get Oculus as a random dungeon. :(
Gear level doesn't affect what dungeons you get randomed into.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Saturo wrote:
Sarayana wrote:
Gear level doesn't affect what dungeons you get randomed into.
Where do you have that information from? I'm only doubtful because the only time I ever get randomed into anything but HoS, ToC, or the ICC 5mans is when I'm grouped with someone who isn't as well geared. Well that and the fact that it seems to be the conventional wisdom.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Gear level can affect the top tiers of Random Heroics (you have to have a certain level of gear before getting into them), but it doesn't work the opposite. You can get into any random heroic once you can get into the ICC 5 mans. :) I frequently get Utgarde Keep (the lowest/easiest one), and I'm pretty well geared, I also get Oculus a lot. ^^
Revynn
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Revynn »

Your gear only restricts you from getting into the harder dungeons if it's not good enough. Believe me, I get crap like Nexus and UK on my Kingslayers all the time.

Once your gear level allows you into the ICC 5-mans, it's completely random.

/edit - Veph beat me to it.

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Yeah make sure it is set to random roic when you get Occ and make sure that you physically loot chest to get the bag...just as everyone stated.

Also be sure to do this before Cata cuz the Blue Drake is returning to Maly 10's loot table.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Tygamoon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Tygamoon »

I guess that IS my problem Congafury. Boy do I feel silly now >.<. I've done so many instances on my hunter lately that I hardly take into account the random vs. looking for dungeon. What a huge disappointment to have run there so many times just for the mount but never get into there as an actual random haha.