SSSSkoll.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Splinta
Realm: KJ

SSSSkoll.

Unread post by Splinta »

well since taming arcturis I've fallen in love with the spirit beast, and grown an unhealthy addiction to NPCscan sound effects.

I'm currently after Skoll and i was wondering what the best method for him is?

My method atm is; camping his most popular spawn point for 10-30mins while reading/foruming/TVing/inging then going out and circling his other spawns then returning to his most popular one...rinse repeat.

Was this your method or do you have better suggestions? plsss tell.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: SSSSkoll.

Unread post by Lisaara »

Not really a method. More of just luck really and a lot of patience, like any other spirit beast.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Splinta

Unread post by Splinta »

Taluwen wrote:Not really a method. More of just luck really and a lot of patience, like any other spirit beast.
but should i be camping one location or constant circling..or bit of both?
Reinfel
Realm: Cenarian Circle

Unread post by Reinfel »

Im doing a bit of both myself. After him as well, would be the third spirit beastie. My friends who have him, say he is the easiest to snag, but since he came out, I have yet to see him. I used to zoom by two of his spawn points for months at all hours on my main looking for the TLPD, and now on my hunter still no dang luck. But I have horrid luck in general with this darn game.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I got my Skoll mostly by luck. The day after I decided to search for him, I found him at the stone disc above Brunhildar Village while going out to do my Polar Bear Daily. There's plenty to do up in the Storm Peaks between spawn point checks -- the Bear daily, Sons of Hodir rep grinding, farming iceweb spider silk (tailors will pay out the butt for this stuff), or looking for the ever-popular TLPD. You'll probably not be bored, at the very least.

With only 3 spawn points to check, he should be an easier camp than, say, Loque'nahak (I officially hate Sholozar Basin).

Best of luck!

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Splinta

Unread post by Splinta »

hehe ty for the help :P...hope he arrives soon because i don't think i can stop.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

*twitch* *twitch* *twitch* That depends. If there's a lot of hunters, it could be tough. I camped out for 10 hours and didn't see him. I also don't recommend 10 hour campathons. @_@ Add on TLPD hunters and such and yeah - peeps might kill Skoll. I'd be sure to let people know you're after him so they don't just kill him when NPCscan goes off. Few things are twitch inducing as hearing someone mentioning they just killed Skoll.

I've had 0 luck ever since 3.2. But who knows? Maybe I will find him someday. I've taken a break, grateful for what rares I have and will go at it soon. The RNG really seems to hate me, but that's alright. Someday! Good luck to you. :D
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Splinta

Unread post by Splinta »

so i just flew doing a round...boooom npcscan pops...its skoll, i land start taming horde lands starts trying to agro away....he kills skoll.

ummm thats depressing
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Unfortunately that tends to happen. I usually report people like that for griefing.

LisaaraPokefarm

Splinta

Unread post by Splinta »

aaah sigh.....what to do now.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Come back in 6 hours and hope he spawns soon.

LisaaraPokefarm

Splinta

Unread post by Splinta »

yeah ill prob start over tomorrow, but next spawn will prob happen while im asleep :P
Reinfel
Realm: Cenarian Circle

Unread post by Reinfel »

Woot! Zoned out of an instance, saw Vyro's corpse, then got antsy thinking he was up, went to the mine and found him!
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Awww. :D Congratulations!

No luck for me just yet. I checked, but there's two hunters camping him and one was kind of hinting she wants to tame him sooooo badly. I'm not in the mood to deal with the guilt, etc. So I think I'm gonna stick to peeking in in the mornings and now and then.

And yeah, the killing pets mid-tame thing really steams my hooves. :( Sorry that happened to you.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Splinta

Unread post by Splinta »

hahah congrats rein....ahah yeah probably the most frustrating thing novi after spending 10 hrs there XD....but theres always tomorrow :P
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Oh, hey! Rein! A fellow CCer! *waves*

Also, it took me roughly a month to find my Skoll. Drove me batty. The snow, the cold...it...it does things to you. I swore I would see a blue proto drake watching me. I would fire arrows at trees, thinking they were the rare time lost proto drake. I would catch long faded tracks of this elusive beast. I swore I once saw a prairie dog laughing at me. But even still, I finally befriended him.

Seriously, my strategy was pick a spot, sit in it, and every now and then do a circle.
Critzhappen
Realm: The Forgotten Coast

Unread post by Critzhappen »

I got Skoll first day of the patch because not a lot of people knew he came with the patch flew to his spawn point by the blue proto drakes and there he was tamed him went to dalaran and watch the the whispers pour in :D